“Nothing but good things to say...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Catcha Falling Star Gardens

Catcha Falling Star Gardens
Ranked #36 of 87 Hotels in Negril
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
“Nothing but good things to say...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Catcha Gardens from 7-9-2014 to 7-11-2014. We were immediately greeted by Shereece and Wayne (and Pumpkin and Bella...the resort dogs). We were booked for the June Rose apartment, but after seeing it, we felt that it was a little too much for us two and opted to move to one of the other villa rooms with a porch and hammock. They were very accommodating and had the room cleaned right up for us.

Wayne, the grounds keeper, was very helpful to us and even went to pick up some food for us one day. Awesome guy and great to talk to!

Catcha is a place to go when you just need to relax and get away from it all. The pool is great, rooms are very clean and again, the staff is wonderful.

There are great restaurants in walking distance including Mango Tree, Soupies, and LTU Pub. Just Natural is a bit of a longer walk or just a short cab ride away.

In conclusion, we had a great time and felt right at home here. We will definitely be back in the future!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Chris H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed June 15-22.
I'm from Negril, now living in Canada. We decided to stay here for a few reasons. First, it had good reviews, also because it was within walking distance to where my parents live. We were travelling with friends, and also our 4 month old baby.

We had just stayed at Grand Pineapple for a week, so wanted to see how this would compare.

First off, the rooms are spacious and clean. Houskeeping comes in and cleans daily. Fresh towels daily, even if we didn't need them. The rooms are rustic, and maybe a little dated, but I had a comfortable sleep each night. And had a large enough area to put the playpen and our luggage. We spotted a large cockroach in our room one night, (probably came in through some crack) which my husband killed, but we didn't see any after that. Would see the odd lizard/gecko in our room at night, and the odd mosquito. But nothing that made me feel uncomfortable. There is a fridge/kettle/coffee maker in the rooms. Also mugs/glasses and some spoons. We were able to buy our own groceries, though the fridge was on the small side. It would be nice if Catcha would put in a hotplate in the rooms, or at least a microwave to be able to reheat foods. We stayed in a A/C room which also had a fan. The unit was a bit noisy, but didn't prevent us from sleeping.

Staff was great! Marshall (night security) was always around. The dogs (Belle and Pumpkin) were always at your side especially if you gave them treats. They often slept outside our door. I never felt unsafe. I did have one little negative experience with the staff. Wayne was the groundskeeper. Very nice man, but he did beg me for money one day. Not sure if he did it because he thought that I was from Negril I would help him out??? Whatever the reason, I was there as a guest, and you should never beg money from guests no matter where they are from. That is the only negative experience I had with the staff....

Pool was clean always, and we were in there alot. Even at nights, they kept the lights on while we had a late swim.

They have free Wifi.

We ate at LTU once during our trip. The food was good, and the price reasonable. But they nickel and dime you on the drinks. There are better restaurants, all you have to do is walk a bit....

They now have a generator for when the power goes out.

Place is in a quiet area. Within walking distance to Ricks Cafe.

All in all, I loved this place and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank squishysgirl
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I've been traveling to Negril for more than 20 years. And back in the day, when Negril was more roots and chilled out, I stayed on the beach for the first couple years. But the last 15 years I will only stay up on the cliffs appreciating the more chilled out environment and experience. For most of thost past 15 years, I've been staying at CatchaFalling Gardens (CFG), even before it was called CFG. Since they bought and renovated the place about 6 years ago its been that much better and I can't think of anywhere I'd rather stay. It is part of my memories and full experience and along with my two favorite dogs Bella and Pumpkin I love the people who run CFG and am so grateful to Loretta, Veronica and Wayne for their MANY years of kindness, service and for being such great honest and lovely people. I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: All the Villa's are great! They have A/C rooms, but I never use them, as I love the Negril expe...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
7 Thank EpicuriousHeidi
Egg Harbor Twp., NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

This was our second stay at Catcha Gardens - the last time was about 2 years ago. It has only gotten better - which I thought was impossible.

We stayed in Ginger Lily with air. We like being in front of the property to see out onto the street.
My favorite addition - coffee pots!!! That was the only thing I had wished for on our last trip and was happy to see they were added.

Staff here is wonderful! Housekeeping, Wayne, Marshall and the office - always a smile and seem happy to be there. Anything you need, they are more than willing to help with.

Pool - love it! I felt like we were the only ones at the property at times.

Location - quiet area but plenty of places to walk to for drinks or meals. LTU across the street is very good. We really enjoyed Soupies this trip - very good food at reasonable prices.

And to save the best for last - Belle and Pumpkin. I can't believe I am writing a review on the property dogs - but they are the best part there lol. I bring treats from home and they are porch fixtures for our entire stay :)

If you want a quiet property, fantastic staff please try it out - you won't be disappointed.

Feel free to email any questions.

Room Tip: Rooms with air a little higher - but it's nice to turn on after a hot day.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mamade11
Burlington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The staff was amazing and the place was clean and comfortable. The electricity did go out for a day which was frustrating, but not under Catcha's control. The whole city had no electric. We payed extra for a room with air condition and it did not work for 2 of the 5 days that we were there. The pool was so relaxing and was a great escape! I will be back for sure.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kelly H
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

My wife, 10-year old daughter and I really enjoyed our stay at Catcha. We stayed in the Fern Villa, which was basic, but very comfortable. It was very nice to lounge by the pool or sit on the porch outside our room. It is also very easy to walk across the street to restaurants on the cliffs, or to drive or cab to the beach. Everything that the other reviewers have said about the staff is true. I had a great conversation with Wayne, the groundskeeper and Marshall, the guard. When I left, I accidently left my keys at the hotel and flew back to the States. Shereece was great and arranged to send the keys back to me. For dog lovers, Belle and Peaches are very gentle and kept my daughter entertained every time she saw them. This is not a resort hotel, but if you want to experience real Jamaican hospitality, this is where you should go.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Seth M
Wilson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We checked the web for comments about places to stay. We settled on Catcha Falling Star Gardens because we like the idea of a garden type environment and it was very nice, we even saw a humming bird, the nation's bird. It was very lay back and quiet which we enjoyed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There were times we felt like we were the only residents there. It is an easy walk to the lighthouse, Rick's Cafe, Catch a Falling Star (sister resort) and a local grocery store. We ate at Catch a Falling Star, LTU Pub, Rick's Cafe and enjoyed a beautiful sunset.
We highly recommend it if you a re looking for a relaxing lay back resort. BTW the cliffs on the west end of Negril are spectacular - OMG. My thanks to all the staff

Room Tip: select one with air, sometimes it is a bit humid
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple