WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Catcha Falling Star Gardens

Catcha Falling Star Gardens
Ranked #37 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“My new Home away from Home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

We just got back from a 3 week vacation in Negril and were lucky enough to spend 12 nights at CFSG. We started out with 7 days and then moved to the beach for 6 days, then returned to CFSG for 5 more days. When we were at the beach, I could not wait to get back there!
Everyone that we met that works at this property is absolutely amazing. Jane is a gracious hostess and a beautiful person. Wayne became very dear to us and is willing to do anything for you. His smile warms my heart. Marshall always kept us feeling secure at night and was great to sit on the verandah and chat with. Veronica has a gentle, caring demeanor that makes you feel like she is your mom :)
The rooms are spotless and the beds are very comfy.
The grounds are drop dead gorgeous.
The pool is absolutely amazing. I spent many hours floating and dreaming in there.
Belle, Pumpkin, and Rocky are the sweetest dogs EVER! They spent many hours on the verandah with us and Pumpkin cuddled up with us to sleep at night.
I'm torn about what my favorite part of CFSG is, there are just so many good things.
We can not wait to return!

Room Tip: We stayed in Ginger Lilly which is in the front of the property and faces the road. Loved sitting o...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RinaKim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Just got back from spending a week at CFSG. I've stayed here before a few years ago (before the pool was put in). This is a great place to stay if you don't like the all inclusive's and don't want to spend an arm and a leg to get the real Jamaican experience.

I stayed in the 2 bedroom suite (Bella Villa Upstairs) with my boyfriend and a friend. The rooms were a good size and fairly comfortable. My only complaint is that there weren't enough hangers (only 5 in each bedroom closet), and there weren't any drawers to put clothes away in the second bedroom. The patio on this particular unit is smaller than the rest of the villa's (due to the increased size inside). We loved having our coffee each morning on the patio and swinging in the hammock.

It was a very quiet place to stay, we barely saw anybody around; although 7 of the villas were occupied. The pool was a nice oasis to relax in each afternoon when we returned from our adventures. The staff were very friendly; particularly Marshall and Veronica. Pumpkin, Bella and the newest addition Rocky were all very sweet and loving.

The towels need replacing badly. Bring a lint brush as they will leave white fluffy stuff all over your clothes.

This is a great place to stay if you want to get out and experience the real Jamaica. There's great places to eat up the street, and cheap Red Stripes at all the little bars along the way. I've been to Jamaica several times and stayed at All Inclusive's on the Beach (Riu, Couples), and the expensive boutique hotels in the West End (Rockhouse, Tensing Pen). This is much more budget friendly alternative; no glitz or glam, but it felt like home!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mandymo9876
Miami
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I spent one night in CFSG and would have to say it was average stay for the price. The staff was friendly, the 2 dogs were very welcoming, and friendly and the security at the hotel appeared to be very good. The rooms were basic decor and were clean, the towels needed replacement since they appear to have been washed 1000 times, and make sure to ask for a room with AC because some rooms only have fans, luckily when I called to double check on the AC they told me the room they had for me was a room with a fan but thankfully I was able to switch the room for an extra $15 fee per night. The pool was not clean, alot of leaves in the pool, almost looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while.

The location of the hotel is across the street from the cliffs, right down the street from Ricks Cafe so that was a big plus. Walking around the area be prepared to get harrassed by children, and grown men trying to sell you anything they could find, but thats how Negril is. They will get aggressive so you have to give them a firm no thank you and keep walking, but you may get cursed at anyway.

I would not stay here again because I later found another hotel on the beach for the same price which was a little nicer named Wild Parrot, still low budget, but right on the beach.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bryan M
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Thank you for a terrific stay! I love the dogs, the rooms are very clean, the comfort ability, security, the staff, are all worth the stay!!! I was here from 3/1/3/9, and I will be back!! I have stayed at the all-inclusive places, the less expensive places, and I have found this to be THE place I will continue to stay at!

*As a business owner I am VERY meticulous, but this tops all of the charts of service and cleanliness!

Room Tip: I stay in the 2 bedroom upstairs, and it was great, then I had to move to a smaller room because my...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ro C
Ocean Park, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel is just a couple minutes walk from Rick's Cafe. A nice and quiet little place. The gardens are very pretty with so many different kinds of plants, flowers & humming birds. The rooms were comfortable & so was the hammack out on the veranda.The beds how ever could use some updating. The hotel is very reasonably priced. It is also located down " One Love Drive" which is a very narrow & very curvey road. Bella and Pumpkin are just so sweet. Pumpkin came and said good morning & good night both nights we were there. The security is very good there. Would love to go back again!

Room Tip: The lower levels are best if you don't do stairs very well.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Moose Jaw, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I almost dont want to write a good review because I dont want this place to become too well known and turn it into a touristy place....we LOVE LOVE LOVE this place...the prices are good, the grounds are beautiful, the rooms are perfect, roomy and so beautiful! its soo nice to have a huge veranda for each room.....the pool area is the most wonderful place to hang out and party with your nieghbors (the vibes are soo wonderful here, we met and partied with people from all over the world staying here - like one big happy family) there is a table in the pool that we enjoyed our breakfast at..the staff are so friendly and helpful...the dogs that live here are friendly and cute and make friends with everyone. this place has great security and also allows you to have your local friends over anytime, which is a big plus for us..(many places we have stayed our local friends are kicked out by 6 pm) I absolutely adore this place and its become my fast favorite place to stay while in Negril...we WILL be back!! one love!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank emdKelly
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We have been travelling to Negril for 6 years now and have always stayed on Seven Mile Beach. We decided to mix it up a bit this year as we wanted away from the hustle and bustle. After researching different options we decided on Catcha Gardens. We couldn't have been more pleased. It is a quiet quaint resort with wonderful staff. We love a simple vacation and eating at local restaurants. (there are lots to choose from). Just keep in mind that walking the roads can be dangerous at the cliffs as there is really no curb so taxi's are a safer route. The staff at Catcha is awesome!!!! Thank you Wayne for all the favours and helping us carry our bag of ice up the road:) The dogs Pumpkin and Bella are great company. We will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple