“Defines Negril”

Ranked #40 of 81 Hotels in Negril
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Defines Negril”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed at Catcha Falling Stars Garden from 9/26-10/16/11. Although I have travelled to Negril 30+ times since 1989, this was my first stay at Catcha Gardens. I thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend it to others. From the manager, Jane, to all the rest of the staff, everyone was very nice and a great example of what the small hotels and inns in Negril have to offer.

I will definately add Catcha Falling Star Gardens to my repeat list as well as to those places I refer others to.

Respect to Catcha Gardens.

Tom

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank cuffthis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Birmingham
Reviewed October 11, 2011

This hotel is one of a kind, I have stayed there twice and can honestly say I enjoyed every moment, the staff make you feel very welcome, the hotel and location is fab, ideal for an intimate memorable vacation, the rooms are very comfortable and the grounds are relaxing, since my last visit it has an inviting pool. I will return every time, and have told all my friends and family to go as a must!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank sharon J
Dallas, TX
Reviewed September 28, 2011

It is very rear that I visit a resort/hotel that can't be described in traditional words. This small boutique property is simply magical. The staff is so warm and embracing that I felt as if I was at home, albeit a GREAT home with a fantastic view and mouth watering cuisine. I will be back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank philipja
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Manageress Jane originally from Yorkshire UK like myself has a good team of workers- Joan, Veronica and Wayne. Marshall, dogs Belle and Pumpkin are there for security. Rooms are good sized, kitchenette with adequate utensils to cook food, fridge for the drinks. I could not have asked for a better location, the grounds immaculate, pool is a recent addition, always very clean, towels provided, books to read while relaxing. Jane and her staff are a credit to this lovely private place. They are pleased to assist guests at all times making our stay just perfect. Now I have stayed at Catcha Gardens I have no doubt that I will return next year. Well done everyone in achieving an extremely high standard throughout. Sanlong

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra L
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I just came back from a month's stay at Catch Gardens and I absolutely loved my time there! The full time staff....Wayne, Veronica and Marshall are the best! I had many conversations with each of them everyday and I laughed and learned (easily) to love them all! My room was big and clean with all the comforts of home and in a beautiful setting! The pool is georgeous among the shade trees with lots of lounge chairs. I had my own hammock on my verandah and my own little garden in front with a lounge chair which I enjoyed most very evening! Catcha Gardens is right across the street from a nice bar and resturant and just down the street is a great little grocery store. Marshall makes sure everyone is safe and secure all night long....thank you Marshall! Veronica makes sure the rooms are clean and you are happy! Wayne does alot of everything but mostly keeps the grounds looking lovely and he is a "standup comedian!!" I would be remiss if I didn't talk about Pumpkin and Bel; the 2 divas at Catcha Gardens. They are dogs that think they are people and I love them lots.....they gave me much pleasure during my stay!! Love you girls!! Jane runs a lovely place and she has become my friend......I wouldn't stay anywhere else on the West End and you won't either when you stay there for the first time!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I’ve just got back home from two idyllic weeks staying at Catcha Falling Star Gardens.

My villa was really lovely with a little kitchenette which allowed me to prepare food like which saved me a considerable amount of money (the fridge also meant I could keep drinks cool and make ice etc). There was also a ‘living’ area with sofa and cable TV etc. The room was very clean and kept immaculate by a really friendly housekeeper.

The bathroom was also great –and a large veranda complete with table and chairs and a hammock (I idled away hours on that hammock!). There was free Wifi which I used to connect my iPhone to (meaning I saved a fortune on data roaming services.)

The hotel also has a fantastic swimming pool which is apparently very new – and even has an outdoor chill out / den area with futons and complimentary beach towels and
a library of past guest’s books.

Breakfast was served over the road at LTU pub (look them up, they have lots of reviews) which was really handy.

Well definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank EmmaMacorison
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is my second stay at this property in 2011. I was fortunate to be here for 4 weeks in Jan/Feb and jumped at the chance to return in July. Jane runs a great place that is comfortable, secure and safe. The staff here are friendly and warm creating a well looked after home that you will easily settle into. Joan, Veronica and Wayne keep the place in tiptop shape. Marshall, Pumpkin and Bell are here to keep you safe and secure.

The rooms are super clean and very comfortable. The pool is a great addition creating a refreshing, comfortable space to chill, refresh and hangout.

This is one of those gems that you'd like to keep to yourself. Im looking forward to coming back and bringing my family here to share this Jamaican experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo