Just returned from 2 weeks at this hotel which was very busy and had the majority of its guests from the USA & Canada , some seemingly for relatively short breaks as the flight times are much shorter than the UK , this meant the weekends seemed much busier as there were quite a few wedding parties.
The Hotel is very very well run , the staff are the best we encountered any where and we never had to wait for a drink or a meal in all the 2 weeks.
The rooms are comfortable but it can be noisy in the evenings with people returning late and allowing the doors the slam so in that respect you need good neighbours but if you can afford it go for an Ocean view Junior Suite and at best an Ocean view large suite with Jacuzzi which are on the end of each front block .
We found the Restuarants very good , our preference was the Steak House but its personal choice , all are fine as is the buffet , red wine is OK , white was not to our taste but if you ask for Champagne ( actually its Spanish Cava ) you will get it & its quite good.
Entertainment was a bit loud for us but the great thing about this place is that you can do just what you want & it has something for all ages.
Best bit though is the fantastic beach , its stunning and always plenty of room for a sunbed , if you like beaches this is the place for you , the pool centres around the bar & is not really for swimming more for parties drinking.
My only complaint would be that the Hotel does not stay by its own rules , we saw people in the evening buffet dressed worse that I would dress to go to the beach and also a person allowed into a Restaurant after the booking had closed and without a collar or long trousers which is supposedly not allowed , it was strange to see people very elegently dressed for dinner and others who looked very shabby in the same place.
All in all , friendly superb staff who accomodate your every need , great faclities , lovely beach and I doubt you would not find lots of things you will like , we will go back .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Renovated in summer 2008 * Located in Negril, on Jamaica's west coast * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 1-storey main building and 2-storey buildings * Victorian-style architecture * Surrounded by 47,000 m2 / 56,500 sq. yards of lush gardens * 7.5 km / 4.7 miles from Negril West End * 6 km / 3.8 miles from various shops * 80 km / 48 miles from Montego Bay airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, RIU Hotels and Resorts, TravelUp, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Tropical Bay Hotel Negril
- Riu Tropical Bay Jamaica
- Riu Palace Tropical Bay Negril
- Riu Tropical Bay Negril Jamaica
- Negril Riu Tropical Bay Hotel
- Riu Jamaica
- Riu Tropical Jamaica