This resort was wonderful. The staff was fantastic, the food, amenities all were great. The beds were a bit hard which is why I can't go all the way to 5 stars (an awesome bed is important to me). The buffet was much better than I was expecting - do not miss Jamaican Night there! The quality and variety of foods was top notch as was the service. The other 4 restaurants on property were also quite good but the Fusion and Japanese ones were far and above the best - you have to get up early to get those reservations but they are SO worth it!
The water sports were great and the scuba shop was wonderful - hat off to Lorna, the dive shop manager for making our diving trip memorable. She set us up on a great dive and didn't take the easy route by just putting us with the beginners. Much appreciated!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Renovated in summer 2008 * Located in Negril, on Jamaica's west coast * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 1-storey main building and 2-storey buildings * Victorian-style architecture * Surrounded by 47,000 m2 / 56,500 sq. yards of lush gardens * 7.5 km / 4.7 miles from Negril West End * 6 km / 3.8 miles from various shops * 80 km / 48 miles from Montego Bay airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, RIU Hotels and Resorts, TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Tropical Bay Hotel Negril
- Riu Tropical Bay Jamaica
- Riu Palace Tropical Bay Negril
- Riu Tropical Bay Negril Jamaica
- Negril Riu Tropical Bay Hotel
- Riu Jamaica
- Riu Tropical Jamaica