Hello once again, just returned home from this hotel. Stayed from December 7-14-13.
I really liked the location of the hotel and layout of property was great. No elevators but
getting around was quit easy. Staff and cleanliness was exceptional. The food was great
don't think anyone would go hungry here, if a person could not find anything to eat then they must be very picky.
The alacarte restaurants were great but don't be in a rush the food was spread out, The person setting up reservations allowed us to book for two days at a time which was great. Her service was great always pleasant so the odd tip wouldn't hurt great service!.
The ocean was like bath water and almost clean like it too. The staff was always cleaning and very friendly and helpful in any way they could help. This property is a palace resort under the Riu standards. It was smaller than the hotel Club Riu just a short walk up the beach. Actually a good walk maybe 20 minutes to walk and in-between the properties were local people selling their crafts.
We did go into Negril with the shuttle service that is set right up at the front of the main lobby and paid only $10nus pp round trip. Great price. they will take you first to a smaller shopping area not as nice as the Time Square Plaza so don't go spending all the money thinking that you won't be making any other stops. Loved the Time Square Plaza tons of stuff to choose from and prices were excellent favourite store is number #10 they had the lowest of all prices. Here you could buy rum cream, coffee, clothes and vanilla. The prices were surprising low Rum cream $3 Vanilla pure was $6 and did not contain (cumarin). Coffee was cheap as well. that tour was about 2hours yes you can change the time if needed.
The entertainment at night started at 930pm was very good but get to the terrace very early gets very busy so if you want a good seat go early. Drinks were great we loved them. Hummingbirds very good. The hotel caters to couples, families I would not suggest it to a single person but if you want to go and have fun and lay back this is a great place for you. There were a few weddings on the beach highly recommend it just like getting married here or in the USA but with more romance.
There are 2 gift shops one inside the hotel just off the main lobby and one on the beach i thought the prices were great and the service was great sales people very helpful.
The rooms were beautiful, beds a little hard but in all rooms kept up too standards.
The mini fridge in each room carried water, beer and soda.
Well I hope I have covered enough information on this hotel it is a Palace but is smaller
Than the other hotel and no there was no disco at the Riu Palace but you may go to the
Club Riu but you are responsible to get yourself there and back. Also you are not able
To get reservations at the Club Riu but can eat at the buffets there.
Sure hope this helps yes I would go back to either hotel love the Riu’s. If you should have
Any other questions please feel free to email me.
Hope everyone has as great a time as we did.
Bye for now
Oh yes I almost forgot we met a great couple from Canada, They were great peole thanks
We still like you both even though you like those M.C. we won’t hold that again you…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Renovated in summer 2008 * Located in Negril, on Jamaica's west coast * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 1-storey main building and 2-storey buildings * Victorian-style architecture * Surrounded by 47,000 m2 / 56,500 sq. yards of lush gardens * 7.5 km / 4.7 miles from Negril West End * 6 km / 3.8 miles from various shops * 80 km / 48 miles from Montego Bay airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, RIU Hotels and Resorts, TravelUp, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Tropical Bay Hotel Negril
- Riu Tropical Bay Jamaica
- Riu Palace Tropical Bay Negril
- Riu Tropical Bay Negril Jamaica
- Negril Riu Tropical Bay Hotel
- Riu Jamaica
- Riu Tropical Jamaica