I stayed here with my husband for a fortnight in September 2012, it was our third time to Jamaica and our second stay at the Riu Palace Tropical Bay. The beach here is absolutely beautiful with soft white sand and the sea is clear and warm with quite a few fish swimming around. The staff are friendly and helpful; we always sat in the same area every morning for breakfast and our waiter was brilliant remembering our tea/coffee and juice order as soon as we sat down. The food in the buffet restaurant was good and there was always plenty to choose from. The jerk shack on the beach was where we had lunch most days - fantastic chicken and a choice of mild or hot (very hot!) sauce. Out of the a la carte restaurants my favourites were the Italian and steakhouse; you have to book the a la cartes in the morning up near reception but we never had any problems and there were never any large queues to contend with! The rooms are a pretty good size and have optics and a minibar which is restocked daily with soft drinks, mixers and beer. The only issue we had with our room was the air con - it went down in the whole resort for a few days so the room was too hot and uncomfortable, we didn't sleep properly for 3 or 4 nights because of this, but our tour operator Thomson gave us compensation for each day the air con was down - this was paid in resort by the rep which is far better than having the hasstle of trying sort it out once you return home.
All in all a great holiday and next time we're looking for a holiday in Jamaica we'll be coming to the Riu Palace Tropical Bay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Renovated in summer 2008 * Located in Negril, on Jamaica's west coast * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 1-storey main building and 2-storey buildings * Victorian-style architecture * Surrounded by 47,000 m2 / 56,500 sq. yards of lush gardens * 7.5 km / 4.7 miles from Negril West End * 6 km / 3.8 miles from various shops * 80 km / 48 miles from Montego Bay airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Tropical Bay Hotel Negril
- Riu Tropical Bay Jamaica
- Riu Palace Tropical Bay Negril
- Riu Tropical Bay Negril Jamaica
- Negril Riu Tropical Bay Hotel
- Riu Jamaica
- Riu Tropical Jamaica