“Best Meal and Drinks on the beach”

Chill Awhile Restaurant
Ranked #72 of 205 Restaurants in Negril
Cuisines: Jamaican
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We didn't stay at Idle-A-While but walked down from our resort. The property is beautiful and didn't seem as "busy" with tourist and vendors as other places along the 7-Mile Beach. We ate at many places but this was our favorite. First of all, the service is pretty "laid back" at most facilities in Negril but not at Chill Awhile, the staff didn't let your drink get too low and answered all our questions with a smile. I had the lobster which was fantastic and the best Hummingbird drink on the Island. I can't recommend this place enough and will certainly come back. In fact, even though we loved where we stayed, I think we may try staying at Idle-A-While next time. In case you haven't noticed, everybody who stays in Negril comes back and often!

2  Thank catsbyann

Reviewed August 16, 2012

While staying next door at Charela (Idle Awhile was booked), we visited Chill Awhile most mornings for their Jamaican breakfast. God, I miss that place.

I usually requested the Idle Awhile Special; akee & saltfish, plantain, green banana callaloo and bammy. I love the variety of tastes on one plate. Flavors I have experienced only in Jamaica. Chill Awhile serves unblended Blue Mountain coffee, which is the way every day in Heaven should start. All this together with the inspiring, incredible view and yes, here is Heaven on Earth.

The rest of the family enjoyed the banana pancakes, the reggae omelet and the continental breakfast. We went to sleep each night looking forward to the next morning's breakfast.

And the staff; we remembered them from our visit seven years ago! They made sure we had such a wonderful time. Carlton has become quite the cut-up and so funny. I mean, my gosh, this incredible setting, super fantastic food and coffee and then he provided hearty laughs on top of that! Chill Awhile is a great experience and one of the most pleasant memories to take from Negril.

SAD NOTE: The only thing missing is that seven years ago, Chill Awhile offered Ital on it's menu. We were very sad to hear that the Ital chef had passed away. He had a special talent for the food he prepared and we fondly spoke of it often upon our return home.

So my only suggestion would be to please, if possible, find someone to imitate his art.

Cannot recommend the Chill Awhile experience enough!

Have I mentioned that I so MISS this place!

3  Thank Atticusjd
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Even if you cannot afford to eat there every meal, at least go there for the smoothies. Chill Awhile made it fresh with real fruit not just bottled juice. Yummmm! Everyone is our group loved their smoothies from the eldest to the youngest. We ate lunch there and it was also delicious. Five years ago, we stayed at Charela Inn next door and we ate breakfast everyday for 2 weeks at Chill Awhile. They make the food from scratch so expect to wait before your food shows up.

1  Thank TVK2009
Reviewed February 24, 2012

While staying at Cocolapalm, we walked next door to Chill Awhile for lunch. Chill Awhile is in a great location, extremely close to the beach, and has great views. While we were there, they had great lunch specials. One day, we had awesome chicken quesadillas and fries. The frozen fruit punch was the best. During our stay at Coco, we actually had lunch there 3 times. The service was a bit slow, but you have the great views and wonderful drinks to kill the time. On our next visit to JA, we definitely plan to "chill awhile."

1  Thank emerson37
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Clean, quiet, calm oasis set back a bit from, but still with beach views. Good service and wonderful special drinks. Food is fresh and a little more upscale than most places on the beach. Staff are wonderful and attentive. A real comfort. Had breakfast & lunch. Highly recommend!

2  Thank DashYul