“Poor poor service”

Ranked #73 of 199 Restaurants in Negril
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We specialize in North American cuisine with a Caribbean twist. VERY REASONABLY PRICED with huge portions.....YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!! We known for the "BEST BIG BURGER IN NEGRIL" quite possibly Jamaica too! Very calming atmosphere joined by the beautiful blue Caribbean ocean just a footstep away. And a breathtaking view of the sunset each evening. Much respect to each and everyone of you...Sunset After Dark
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Food was good the service was deplorable. Be careful with the 2 for 1 you may get more than you bargained for

5  Thank Elaine B

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I missed this restaurant being open in March when I first visited Jamaica but didn't make that mistake on my second trip.

I came to Sunset After Dark for lunch one afternoon while walking from the Beach side to the cliff side. I was on vacation for the Christmas break and was so happy I was able to finally try a meal here.

I had a huge and very delicious salad, I think the name was jerk shrimp...not sure because I didn't look at a menu. I don't eat meat very often and just walked up to the window and asked for a nice salad with shrimp. I sat a table and enjoyed the amazing views of the ocean, enjoyed the sweet sounds of the DJ spinning some great dancehall/reggae music. All of this while sipping on a very nicely chilled glass of chardonnay.

The staff was so polite and professional and very much accommodating to me. It was early in the day so not very crowded which I loved so I could take it all in quietly which I did.

The salad came to me on a plate shaped like a heart which was too cute. The salad looked beautiful and taste delicious. There were pieces of apples in the salad which I love and do often myself. The salad was not only very appealing to the eyes and tasty to the stomach it was a very nice amount and kept me chewing for a while to enjoy the views and several more glasses of wine.

The ambiance is just great right on the water, plenty of seating and very well stocked bar. You will not have super long waits for your meal and it comes with a smile from the server and pleasant attitude.

I was even fortunate enough to meet the owner Patrick again and chat with him a bit.

My only complaint is I didn't make it back for more meals and wine before heading to the other side of the island to explore and then returning back home. I shall be back or as you all say in Jamaica mi soon come!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We learned about this place when we met the owner at the Hi-Lo. 4 of us had lunch & each ordered something different: fish & chips, shrimp & lobster linguine Alfredo, brandy snapper, & lemon dill snapper. As we ate, we tried each others food. All 4 meals were fabulous! We debated who had the best meal with each person believing hers was the best. The portions were huge & the service was fast by Jamaican standards. We have encouraged others at our hotel to visit & plan to go back for dinner.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This place was awesome. This was our (i think) 3rd stop on the awesome one love bus pub crawl that we did while in Jamaica. The food was AMAZING and the vibe was super chill. Nothing was crazy expensive and it was a great experience. highly recommend!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Sunset After Dark Bar and Gill is definitely a "must" place to eat and enjoy the ocean view and sunsets! The Bacon Cheese Burger is the best burger I've ever had! It was huge, wife also ordered it and it was too big, took some back to our hotel, others in our group had the fish and chips, fried chicken, shrimp and lobster fettuccine, appetizers were wonderful....chef Patrick is a great chef and he takes care of you, definitely will be returning.

1  Thank stormy49