“Excellent service provided by Thriller Tours Jamaica!”

Thriller Tours Jamaica
Ranked #13 of 42 Transportation in Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer great tour packages, group rates, and special discounts for our returning guests. A complimentary lunch is offered on any tour chosen and a cool beverage on your airport transfer to any hotel in Jamaica.
Reviewed January 12, 2011

During the planning process of our vacation, I had contacted Thriller Tours Jamaica (through their website) to see if it was possible to jam pack numerous tours into one day of travel around Jamaica. I promptly received an email back from Andy and shortly thereafter, to my surprise, heard his friendly voice over the phone calling me from Jamaica! Right then, I instictively knew that our group of 8 would be in capable hands during our tour.

Andy had provided me with a great price for the 8 of us and seemed very accommodating when I mentioned that we were hoping to visit the Black River, the YS Falls, the Appleton Rum Factory and possibly Margarittaville as well. I felt as if he would customize our tour to what we wanted and that is a service rarely received from tour companies located on site at resorts.

Upon our arrival in Negril, I contacted Andy to arrange a time and date, and again, everything ran according to plan. He arrived promptly at our resort at 8:30 am and took us to all the sites we requested. He even included a few of his special stops along the way to sample some sugar cane as well as some bammy (a fried bread which the native Indians brought to Jamaica). When the kids had a craving for "a real Jamaican Patty" he even stopped at a roadside market to pick some up! Andy made our trip interesting as he provided many facts and information on Jamaica along our drive as well as answering all of our questions which we had asked him.

One of the highlights of our tour was our stop at Howie's for an authentic Jamaican lunch. Upon entering this unique spot you are greeted by cooks stirring numerous huge pots of food which are cooking over hot coals. We sampled such delicacies as oxtail, goat, chicken and the ackee and saltfish dish.

We had a fun filled great day, and always felt safe. We found Andy to be very personable, knowlegeable and extremely accomodating to our needs. In our opinion, he went above and beyond our expectations and we will definately use his services again during our return to Jamaica!

There are newer reviews for Thriller Tours Jamaica

Reviewed January 2, 2011

My husband & I recently returned from a 10 day holiday in Negril, or should I say paradise! This is our 5th time in Negril and it keeps getting better. A couple of years ago we met Ernie, our wonderful tour guide filled with years of knowledge; we would never consider using anyone but Ernie... we refer to him as the gem of Negril. We enjoyed lunch with him at Sweet Spice, had a great day at YS Falls, he dropped us off and picked us up after dinner in Negril a couple of evenings and was he available to take us shopping a few times. Prior to us departing Toronto we emailed Ernie our flight arrival & departure details and as usual he was waiting for us at the airport with his big friendly smile. Thank you again Ernie, see you in April.
Liz & Brian
Toronto

1  Thank Lizzy2011
Reviewed December 16, 2010

When I went to Jamaica on my honeymoon, the first two days we spent with a driver that had difficulty understanding our accent as much as our needs, to top it all off he did not have any form of people skills .

The third day we spoke to our hotel about getting another driver, this was when they recommended Andy form Thriller Tours. He was very polite and he took the extra time to find out our individual interest and from there he took us to some lovely places, the scenery was just heavenly, the beaches and the food was just amazing. He really made our vacation a special one.

Reviewed December 16, 2010

You gave me a chance to do the tourist side of things with my friends this summer. The funny thing is, they felt as if they weren't even tourists at all; that's because of the skill, commitment, delicacy, and jovial nature with which all of you (Andy, Ernie, Roy, and Erdley) handled our adventures. From start to finish it was an experience not to be forgotten, from the food, sunsets, waterfalls&other beautiful sights, history tidbits, hospitality, and not to mention the endless laughter..Simply put, it was medicine. Thank you.

Reviewed December 15, 2010

Thriller Tours Jamaica is definitely the way to go! My husband and I toured with them first in August 2009. During that visit to Negril, we had the pleasure of sharing a tour with another couple that we met on Trip Advisor. The 4 of us enjoyed a comfortable ride in a roomy, air conditioned van to YS Falls and Appleton Estate Distillery, as well as a stop along Bamboo Ave.

The drive to the falls takes about an hour and a half, along the way our WONDERFUL driver, Andy, stopped and bought us Vegetable Pies and Cassava Bread out of his own pocket. Once we had finished without two places of interest, he drove us through Bamboo Ave, let us stop and take pictures, then off to Harry's HQ Jamaican Restaurant where we ordered jerk chicken, curry goat, ox tails and plantains . . . oh it was all so, so good. We were so grateful and happy of all that Andy had done for us we couldn't help but to buy his lunch as well. After all, he had brought us to this incredible restaurant that we never would have found ourselves where the portions were huge and selling for $3.20 USD a plate.

After talking to others that had booked tours through the hotels, we discovered that in the end the prices were the same. You see, Andy charged as $40pp for roundtrip transportation, but we were responsible for paying our entrance into the parks as well as for buying our own lunch and drinks.

What makes Thriller Tours so special is that once you have hired someone from this company; in essence you have hired a personal driver, someone that will take you ANYWHERE you want to go on your own time schedule. When you book through the hotels, you must be in the lobby when they say, go where they take you and eat what they provide to you.

Thriller Tours Jamaica allows one to explore all that Jamaica has to offer on your own terms with the professional expertise of and experienced local at your side whose sole interest is ensuring that your day out is both pleasurable and memorable!