“I like this little spot”
Review of sweet spot

sweet spot
Ranked #53 of 196 Restaurants in Negril
Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: it's not the sweet spice, it's called sweet spot and it's right by the beach
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Food was good. I ordered the conch dish. Dined in. Fans blowing down on every table kept it nice and cool. Waited about 15 min to be served. Not expensive. Pleased with everything.

There are newer reviews for sweet spot

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Loved this place. In between Times Square and Alfred's Bar.
I walked there from my hotel and got fried chicken my first night. It was delicious. It was seasoned well and I highly recommend it.
Second day I had breakfast and brought my friends with me and we all ordered ackee and saltfish. They gave us plenty of food (green banana, yam, plantain, boiled and fried dumplings and pear (avocado)). Everything was fresh.
Next meal I had was brown stew chicken with food again and then butterbean and salt fish.
The value is great. $400 to $500 Jamaican.

1  Thank cafemocha_f
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I am a pretty non-picky and adventurous eater.... But I can't say the same about my fiancée. The first day we ordered the curried conch and it was perfect! Even she ate it!!! So, the next day we went again and I ordered the curried goat, and she the chicken.... Both animals seem to have been butchered by axe into small pieces because there were tiny specks and fragments of bones all throughout each piece. It was virtually impossible to take a bite of food without having to feel for bone specks and spit them out. This didnt bother me too much, as I am less fussy about food, but my fiancée simply wasnt having it. (It may be a jamaican thing to butcher animals in this way. I had this same experience at different places). I ended up finishing both dishes. Overall, the goat and chicken were pretty good!

So! If you're like me and are not very put off by things that can be attributed to a cultural difference, hit up the sweet spot! But, if you have a hard time with food, stuck to a jerk chicken place that keeps its chicken halfed/quartered so you can pick the meat off yourself, and not have a bunch of hacked up chunks full of bone flakes.

1  Thank RickyLopez
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I'm going to keep it short and sweet.
This is the best place to eat on the entire 7mi beach in Negril-retaurant wise.
I tried Ms Coletta next door and Ms Sonia (i think that is the right name) and they dont compare. Please note I am west Indian and I know what food should tast like and Sweet Spot is hands down the best and for only $5 you cant beat it. I had akee and saltfish for breakfast with ground provisions or as Jamaicans say 'cooked food', stew pork and rice, stew beef and rice, oxtails and rice and fried chicken...I had some of the same things at other places and no comparison. No one can season food like Sweet spot. Dont even waste your money elsewhere unless it is on the beach itself

1  Thank latosha e
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We asked our hotel staff for a "local" place to eat with traditional food and ambiance, and they recommended "Sweet Spot" where they themselves get their meals. We went a first time for dinner and we got the fried chicken and potatoes: it was DELICIOUS! I don't know if it was the island's air effect on my appetite but there was nothing left of my plate. It is very local, there wasn't any tourist around, only us. We went again the following day for more. It was delicious, some of the best fried chicken I ever had! Highly recommend for food. It's pretty cheap too and not pretentious at all. There isn't much to do there expect watch tv if it's on, or watch people coming in and out (it's quite busy, which is a good sign in general), but man the food is goooooood!!!!!!!

2  Thank AichaBen