“Great location excellent value.”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Beach Front Studio

Paradise!
 You can meet your favorite star on the beach!  This little studio has one of the most amazing views on property!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Paradise!
You can meet your favorite star on the beach!
This little studio has one of the most amazing views on property!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
rpagano23
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Great location excellent value.”
Reviewed January 27, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

My wife and I had a beautiful vacation at the studio at Point Village.Complete relaxation and a wonderful experience with the privacy and loveliness of the property. Swimming and snorkelling every day,or lounging on the private beaches and rock pool.Everything is steps away.And one doesn't have to deal with the noise and hustlers on the main Nergril beach.Both managers,Betty and Chris,were terrific to make sure we were happy there.Drove us to town for shopping,and recommending good restaurants close by.
The room was clean and bright with a beautiful view of the sea.And everything worked.Wi-Fi, T.V. ,and kitchen appliances.
This was our 5th trip to Jamaica,and we'll surely return to this place.

Liked best: Location of property and Quality of service
Liked least: Mosquitos
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Purple197...
London, United Kingdom
“Overwhelming, breathtaking and relaxing”
Reviewed January 21, 2015 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

From the time I saw the studio it exceeded my expectation. At night I couldn't really see the view but the interior was very comfortable and homely. Next morning that is when I could take in the view and really appreciate my surroundings. Betty and Christopher were really welcoming and were always at hand when needed. Nothing disappointed me the location was perfect overlooking the beach I couldn't have asked for anything more what I had was very comforting. Wouldn't stay anywhere else. August 2010 and 2011 I was here and will return again.
Gabriella - London

Liked best: Location and view
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
MsGood2Go
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Beautiful, relaxed, comfortable.”
Reviewed January 18, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

# 205 was the perfect spot for us. The photos were right on and the view is spectacular. Beautiful sunsets every night of our 7 night stay. Christopher and Betty were very nice and helpful. There are four different beach areas to the property in addition to a pool where there are outside showers and inside toilets. One beach is clothing optional and next to the Hedonism II resort. (Lots of nudity and music). The next area is like a little cove of a sandy beach with a large sandy area. Area 3 has flat rock outcroppings with 2 carved out tub like areas to soak in which the ocean splashes up into. The last area is a great little cove to snorkel in with a small cave to swim through. Lots of fish to see, even saw a sting ray (no touching!). Birds would fish and little roaming goats even made an appearance on the rocky tops of the opposite side of the cove,
We rented a kayak at the third resort from ours down the beach and went over to the island to snorkel. One of the highlights of our trip. We probably could have swum across but we were dissuaded from doing so by Christopher because of the boat traffic and a recent accident.)
I really appreciated the fact that they provided a cell phone so I didn't have to by a sim card for my phone and pay an activation fee of $25 or more to have a phone. It's a short walk to the gas station to buy minutes for local and international calls at a reasonable price. (You can also get a great, cheap early lunch of a "patti", a little meat pie, delivered fresh every day (except Sunday).
We did an excursion into the mountains that lasted from 7am to 7pm and used the same driver, Verol, that had brought us from the airport. He is very personable, informative, and reasonably priced for the area. I highly recommend him. We felt very safe and he was very accommodating to my photography requests, stopped whenever I asked and even pointed out areas of interest.
Christopher was also very accommodating and seemed to be always available to answer any questions or address any needs we had.
The only downside had nothing to do with the property just being in a tourist area, being approached by so many locals wanting to sell you something. (Always bargain if you do want to buy.)
All in all, We had a very relaxing time and enjoyed our stay in #205.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: beaches and snorkeling
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
V_and_H_1
San Francisco, California
“Nice View from Balcony, Perfect for beach access”
Reviewed January 6, 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed in unit 98 which was right on the beach with a great view from the balcony (+). Easy access to the snorkeling area, sandy beach and a nude beach (+). Easy walk to the 7 mile beach with access to clubs, foods and other resorts (+).

Chris, the on-property manager was great to communicate with, provided lots of suggestions for things to do, and took care of most of our needs (he took care of an repair issue quickly (+). Only the snorkeling gear was not available (-)) (+).

Betty was sincere, pleasant and good to communicate with for the arrangements (+), although there was a bit of back and forth to get everything correct and nailed down. We would have like things to be more efficient (-). She helped us with local transportation and we had a great driver named Verol (+). An issue was the price was not correctly advertised for the Christmas season (-). Also, we were not assigned the unit as pictured (-) which would have been ~40% more than the advertised price (-). We negotiated a lower price unit which we were sent photos to get an idea what to expect. A week before, we were "upgraded" to a beach front studio with a comfortable bed (no photos). Overall, it was somewhat "iffy" in our minds what to expect (-), but we were satisfied once we got there (+)

The basics of the studio were good. Wifi was perfect. We were given a mobile phone which we "re-charged" for a couple of dollars at nearby gas station. Stove and fridge worked fine. Not enough forks for two in the kitchen but we made due.

If you don't mind a few minor inconveniences, unit 98 is great to just chill on the beach and making basic meals. Just lower your expectations a bit on the front end. We did not mind a few inconveniences especially for the price.

We also recommend going to Margaritaville for drinks, "Best in the West" for the jerk chicken and its laid back atmosphere! We walked the entire 7 Mile beach and hung out at Traveller's Rest on our way to Rick's Cafe. We were approached a few times by "vendors" and everyone was friendly, only one semi-aggressive shop lady who demanded we shop with her, after asking where we were from (We said "back there" and it sort of led to a hilarious verbal exchange. We just did not want to stop and shop. No disrespect intended either way ;). Do the walk if you are adventurous and "beach savvy" ;)!!!

We really liked the Jamaican people, food, beaches and music, and highly recommend the travel. Just adjust your expectation a bit if you don't mind a few minor issues.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Easy access to beach
Liked least: Kitchen setup
Friends getaway
Drdeb271
New York City, New York
“Don't believe what you see”
Reviewed December 27, 2014 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

So I was ok with the rustic quality of the unit. However, I specifically explained that I NEEDED Wi-Fi to work remotely. I was assured that the connection would work with no problem. There was NO WIFi and I called the owner several times, and did NOT receive a return phone call. The oven didn't work, which meant I had to buy food which defeated the purpose of PAYING for a studio. Will go ahead and invest in my own timeshare or house in Jamaica. I've been traveling there long enough anyway!

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The quiet atmosphere
Liked least: The unit
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
fatnice
Milford, Delaware
“RUDE and IRRESPONSIBLE rental coordinator”
Reviewed November 23, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

This would have been our fifth stay at this rental. Despite its flaws, we have returned because we knew what to expect, were happy with the service we received from the rental coordinator (used to be Cortina) and from the housekeeper, and loved the view from the balcony. We were willing to overlook the hot plate that never heated up, the cramped and dysfunctional kitchen, the shared fridge on the first floor, the showerhead whose spray became increasingly blocked by lime, and bed that would sink us towards the middle more and more over the years. But after our last experience, we will NEVER return. Since our last stay 3 years ago, the rental coordinator has changed hands from Cortina to a woman named Betty. I contacted the rental via TripAdvisor and a man named Chris responded to emails with answers to some of our questions and ignored others. After being only partially responsive, I was forced to call Chris in Jamaica to get more information. As he was ‘busy with associates,’ he referred me to Betty, whom I called and left a message. After no response for a few hours, I called again and spoke to Betty, who said she knew who I was and would call me back to confirm the rental after ‘checking her book’ in a couple hours. After 4 hours went by, I called Betty back again, and she said everything was good to go for our reservation and to tell security to call Chris upon our arrival. I asked if she wanted our payment over the phone, and she said “No, no. Just bring cash.” I said “You want me to bring the full payment in cash when we see Chris?” She said “Yes, yes, just cash.” While it seemed a bit strange, we had paid in full on a prior visit since we made the reservation last minute. We arrived in Negril @ Point Village when we were expected to be there, and when Chris finally came about ten minutes after being called by security and we told him who we were, he looked very confused and went to make a call on his cell. He forwarded us through security, brought us to the main entrance of the hotel, and gave his cell phone to us to speak to Betty. Betty then explained that there has been some confusion and they have already checked someone else into the room, supposedly someone else named “Jessica.” I mentioned to Betty that I had just spoke to her last night and my last name (can cell phone number) was specified. She went on to go at length about how all of their reservations require a 15% deposit – she must have said this half a dozen times before I interrupted her and said “It sounds like you are trying to blame me for this, since I didn’t give you a deposit, but you clearly told me yesterday – after I asked – to pay in full upon arrival.” She said, in precisely the MOST sarcastic voice “No Jessica, this is ALL my fault, I am to blame for everything” and promptly rushed me off the phone saying we don’t need to waste anymore time talking about this and she should spend her time trying to help me find someplace to stay. She then spoke to Chris, Chris called someone else to show us their ‘recently remodeled’ unit renting for $100/night, and within minutes, another person was there with a set of clean towels to show us their rental – which was disgusting, smelled of mildew, and was entirely NOT worth $100/nt and we had no interest in giving any business to this group of fools. I guess overbooking rooms to overflow into other less desirable and more expensive rentals (assuming people have no other alternative) is the name of their game.

What is clearly a case of gross mismanagement on the case of Betty, we will NEVER return to this rental again. We spent 14 hours traveling to Jamaica, 2 hours drive from Montego Bay, and arrived just before sunset with a very tired 2 year old needing a tub and a bed to sleep in. Instead of that, we got to spend the next 4 hours scrambling with a crying baby to find someplace suitable that was in our price range – not exactly how we wanted to spend the beginning of our first vacation in 3 years. Betty provided the most irresponsible, unresponsive, and flat out RUDE customer service I have encountered anywhere in our multiple visits to Jamaica. [The only upside to this story is we discovered two WONDERFUL rentals in Negril (one on the cliffs: Moonlight Villas; one just out of town: Robin’s Plantation Home in West Retreat) which were priced better, were MUCH nicer accommodations, and had INFINITELY better customer service – and to whom we look forward to giving repeat business to!]

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Kelly M
Norcross, Georgia, United States
“Peaceful Paradise was just what we were looking for”
Reviewed October 7, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

Christopher and Bettie were great! This place was just what we were looking for and we will definitely be back!
We were there during a very slow time and it was like we had the property to ourselves. Many times we were literally the only ones at the beach. We went to the pool once and we were the only ones there as well.
The apartment is what I expected from the reviews. It was small but functional. We did a lot of cooking of simple meals and one day hired the cook and maid that the owners recommended for a nice lobster lunch. She cooked lunch, cleaned, and did our laundry. The kitchen is small and does not have an oven. But, if you plan expecting that, you should be fine. The hotplate and microwave work fine. The fridge is a mini fridge so don't buy too much food at once. It had ice trays but was a little slow to freeze them. We bought 4 live lobsters from one of the fisherman walking the beach. When Christopher took us to the grocery we also stopped by a market for fresh fruit. It was the best mango we've ever tasted!
The balcony had a great view and it is literally 30 yards from the water. The owners took us to the store during the week as promised. We used the cellphone a few times as well. The taxi driver they arranged went without any problems.
We spent most of our time at the beach and it was nice to have a couple of floats provided.
We did go to Rick's Cafe one night for a beautiful sunset and also went to a couple of local restaurants on the beach. We normally just found a taxi on the street. I have heard some comment that the taxi was only a dollar. We did pay anywhere from $5-$10 (US) for the both of us but for the distance I still thought it was a good deal.
As for the beaches, they have some areas that have a lot of sea life. We used the masks to snorkel a couple of times. The water was so clear you could see everything. You might want to bring some water shoes to protect your feet. We saw big starfish, huge schools of little fish, sea urchins, and sting rays.
This place is right in the middle of many all inclusive resorts. We were grateful that we did not stay at one because we both would have pigged out every night. To us, this was a great price in a beautiful place.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The location was the best!
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing