“love love love”

Ranked #5 of 85 Hotels in Negril
New York, New York
“love love love”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This was our second trip to he caves... we have fallen immediately in love again! Love at second sight. Talk about a hidden gem this place is virtually a hidden paradise. From the very hospitable staff, to the decor, to the wonderful food, and oh yes the amazing views. The pictures don’t describe what you will experience. My boyfriend and I will come here for many years to come and are currently planning our next stay this year.
Things to do:
-Snorkel with Paul
-Be a bartender
-Jump!
-Order the dirty banana, and the cliff diver
-Sleep
-Get to know your neighbors and staff; they might become lifetime friends
-Watch the sunset and then stare at the stars
-Come back!

Room Tip: moon dancer, and stardust
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank melaniefh0205

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
asheville, NC
Reviewed July 5, 2011

The Caves is lovely and private and all the other wonderful things that have been said. Many people have given some tips on some "must do" things while there and I agree with them all. Yes, book the cave dinner; yes, book the private hot tub... But there are some other wonders to enjoy to make the most of your time there.
I suggest:
1. Order room service for breakfast. There is no additional charge, and it is a treat to have 'morning' brought to you. Even if you just wish to relax in your pjs for coffee, then get room service just for coffee and tea. It is your vacation!
2. Eat the local food. They often will not tell you what local delights are in house that day. There is the 'Jamaica breakfast' (Salt cod and ackee) which I enjoyed each day but one day there was this amazing fruit. Next next day is was gone. It was a nesberry, and each day I would ask for some and the staff would go out of their way to find it. If you find something you like, ask for it each day. One day we ran out of watermelon! Not a huge crises for some, but I was addicted to the "cliff hanger" drink, so the staff found another fruit for me to love. ASK what they have that is local.
3. Ask Paul for help if you are intimidated by jumping off certain cliffs. Paul is there to show you snorkeling spots and take you on a kayak tour, but also think of him for all things wet. Paul will help you practice dives, offer tips on jumping into the blue hole and generally be your water guide. Just grab him and ask for his help. (He is the only staff in short pants).
4. Take the free yoga class. Both days I was the only one there. Wed and Saturday mornings.
Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for top floor rooms for better views and more privacy.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank MountainFoodie43
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 19, 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 17th honeymoon at The Caves. We loved every moment of being there. The highlights were the food, the view, the beverages and the customer service. (My favorite dining experience was the Jamaican Breakfast, and my husband's was a tossup between the lobster for the Cave Dinner & the banana pancakes for breakfast) The sunsets are spectacular ... we particularly enjoyed watching them from the pool. Our room was comfortable, beautiful, and convenient to the rest of the resort. The atmosphere of The Caves suggested we relax and enjoy ... and we did. Ahhhhh ... we never felt the need to leave the resort. An additional highlight: my husband enjoyed being the bartender once in awhile :)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank mgorey828
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My wife and I visited The Caves with another couple and were amazed at how wonderful it was. We were there for 7 days and had bad weather most of the time, but still we couldnt have had a better time. The food was amazing, everything was fresh, even down to the jam with breakfast toast (i recommend the combo at every meal) The accomidations provided the perfect mix of luxury / privacy and the island feel. There are only 12 rooms at the resort, so you really get to know the other guests well (we exchanged contact info with several of them and plan on keeping in touch). Same with the staff, it is a small group of people so you get to know every person there by name and what their special drink is! The water right off of the cliffs is full of sea life, so make sure you get Paul to take you on a snorkeling tour!

My wife and I really enjoy visiting different countries and having different experiences, but we already want to make The Caves an annual trip, its that great!

Room Tip: You cant go wrong with
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank yeabama09
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Only issue was there is no AC in the room. If you're sensitive to this then you should not stay here. I however am not and LOVED this hotel!!!! Lets see, it's all inclusive and the hotel only holds a maximum of about 20 guests. So unlike other all inclusives the food here is excellent and prepared for each guest (not a buffet). Everything is open 24/7. When you are in the pool, you're probably going to be in the pool alone... that goes for all the facilities. Staff walk around all day and offer you drinks, but not so often that you are feeling harassed. The bar is open all the time... if someone is not working the bar feel free to go behind and fix yourself whatever you want. Everyone at the hotel was of high enough stature that they did not abuse the openness of the resort. We stayed in Moonshadow and it was perfect.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ShmuellyB
Oakdale, New York
Reviewed May 31, 2011

My wife and I just visited The Caves for 6 days to celebrate my BIG 5-0. We typically do not consider all-inclusive resorts, as we like to explore off-property. We are avid travelers in the U.S. and abroad, but simply put, The Caves was The. BEST. EVER!. Relaxing, sensual, romantic, with the happiest, most attentive staff who make you feel like long-lost friends. The food was delicious, as were the daily choices and variety. The ocean swimming will invigorate, and the other guests we met were all interesting and just as "chill". The Perfect Getaway. We plan to return often. We stayed in Sundancer 2 BR villa. STOP shopping online and book your Caves trip now.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank JoeBrauner
New York, New York
Reviewed April 30, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a 7 night stay at The Caves. We had high expectations and they were met.

When we first arrived, we were a little concerned by the quiet. It's a big difference from NYC, but within an hour we were completely settled in and relaxed. We met a few other great couples and it was a pleasure spending time with them. We anticipated leaving the resort to do some other things in Jamaica, but decided against it. There is really no reason to leave! Just sit back, relax, and take it all in.

My husband snorkeled with Paul and said it's a must! We also kayaked which was nice- we were able to see the other resorts on the cliffs. The Caves is by far the most impressive!

The staff was incredible. They were very attentive and actually had time to talk to you. While we were there I had an issue with my nail polish. Our housekeeper saw me trying to fix the polish and she actually brought nail polish remover from her house for me the next day! It was so sweet and thoughtful!

You MUST get a massage- we had 2, and they were great! And enjoy the food. We ordered the combo for most of the meals and were pleased. Our cave dinner was so romantic and unique. Where else do you get to eat in a cave lined with candles?

Bottom Line- GO! It was worth every penny and we WILL be back!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank linzgal36
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Sunset at the Palms
Sunset at the Palms
#8 of 85 in Negril
Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall

Been to The Caves? Share your experiences!