“RESPECT!”

Ranked #32 of 196 Restaurants in Negril
Cuisines: Jamaican, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located outside of RockHouse Hotel and across the street. Presley's is a bar during the day, and a reservations,...one couple per evening grill in the evening. You pay what you think it's worth,...excellent food, Jamaican atmosphere, and you can't beat the price!
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Spent a mellow and very delicious evening eating simple grilled lobsters and rice and peas w calaloo.Dont speed by it--because its basically amongst a bunch of souvenir stands right outside the Rockhouse /wall & gates. Looks like a tent w a sign that looks like Presley. Decor is simple,nicely colored(RASTA Colorscheme), clean tablecloths, real flowers, too. RULE #1: PLEASE CALL AHEAD AND TELL PRESLEY WHAT U WANT TO EAT & WHEN-YOU CANT JUST SHOW UP--He gets his fish & seafood & veg EVERYDAY, FRESH. There is no freezer here. NO CALL, NO FOOD. Fair enough, he's a one man operation! He offers snapper, shrimp, lobster in various ways. The grilled lobster is tender, moist and flavorful. He serves you 3 lobster halves--BIG ONES (my guess these were @ 2# caribbean crustaceans) with a lovely garlic butter. The accompaniments are very flavorful--and the calaloo was wonderful and good for you, not bitter at all. Presley wants you to eat before chatting--Then he joins you for a chat. He is a really interesting and nice guy w a interesting past-lets just say fish are in his blood. He's been in business for @ 5 years, when friends told him that he should cook for the public, how right they were. Bring cash, no credit. While not the cheapest place in Negril--Lobster platters were $30US per. I'd sayit was a fair price for the quality of the food served. Come hungry! RESPECT, MON!

1  Thank SavvyElderSister
There are newer reviews for Presley's Bar & Grill

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I just returned from Negril where I married my best friend overlooking the cliffs of Negril. I knew I wanted to bring my wife and family (6 of us total) to Presley's, so we made the trek from LTU's, dodging coconut salesmen, speeding taxis and hidden stumps to find Presley's...but not Presley. We waited a bit and then kept walking...down past the 3 Dives and back...and still no Presley. So someone made a call and we spoke. When I told him I was getting married, he told me to grab a beer, chill out and he'd be right over. We spoke about the menu...a few fish, a few lobster, some shrimp...some beers (request wine when you book your meal-if not, its beer and soda) and some rice & peas. We had 4 women and 2 men, so this was ALOT of food and Presley hinted that our feast would be modest by other standards. Our dinner was for the next day and when we discussed price the first time, we really only established what was NOT reasonable, so work from there. We showed up on time and the table was set; Presley hard at work in the kitchen. We had two 2 pound Red Snappers, a plate of lobster tails and shrimp and everything was delicious. The atmosphere, the food, company...it was all great.

So how did Presley save my wedding? My sister asked for a tshirt, but Presley was out, having only 1 last shirt on a hanger on the wall. I'm sure many of you that have visited in the past have seen the shirt. As i'm a big guy, Presley took the shirt (a 3x) off the wall and gave it to me, much to my sister's chagrin. During my wedding outdoors, I started to perspire. The photographer told me to put on a white tshirt, one of which I didn't have. When I ran up to my room, there was the white tshirt that Presley had given me. I took the remaining shots with my Presley's shirt on under my wedding shirt. Much respect Presley, you saved the day! This is a truely Jamaican experience that might take a little work, but hard work makes everything taste better!

1  Thank rswartz68
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I heard that this restaurant is good. Mainly for seafood. So I took a stroll from my hotel to
see if I could order some red snapper or grouper or Mahi Mahi which are all Jamaican stape kind of fish.
When I walked in I counted no more than 4 tables all empty. A funny looking bearded guy( looked like Moses) came and greated me. He bascially said , " I can't serve you , I have no food".
He almost gloated while saying this in a arrogant way. He was proud of the fact that that this
restaurant is reservations only and must be at least the day before. ????? Good grief.
No doubt the food is good......but honestly....
I had lobster thermador across the street at "Rockhouse" I got a 2 pound lobster with side dishes
served in a far better atmosphere overlooking the water priced at $42. This guy Presly wanted
$80 ???? (for a future reservation)The tables were plastic and flimsy and so were the chairs.., covered in cheap checkered tablecloths.
I'm afraid this place is overated. Not just my opinion , but many others I interviewed on my stay.
Further you are dining only 10feet away from a busy treacherous 2 lane road with honking horns
and hagglers. If the food is that good....then I would advise takeout only.

5  Thank rayz
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Four of us ate lobster and red snapper just Saturday Jan 19th. We placed our order Friday morning, asked about the cost and made reservations for 7 pm. The meal was outstanding, priced as quoted and the ambiance was very cozy. It made for a very memorable evening.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

great little place to hang out and eat at. Presley is great and i would definitely recommend going.
I was just there in december and we filled out the whole restaurant and had a good time.

1  Thank jake_p96