“Best value (and we did our research!) flexible, reliable, low keyed and trustworthy gentleman. http://www.antsmantoursjamaica.c”

Antsman Tour Jamaica
Ranked #1 of 3 Food & Drink in Negril
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Antsman is currently a member of the Jamaica Union of Travelers Association (JUTA) Lucea Chapter. We provide Taxi, Tours and Transportation to and from all Major Attractions in Jamaica. With friendly drivers and clean vehicles to take you from your Resort to Destination safely and only stop upon request. Visit our website for rates, departure times. He is also Vice-President for his community Youth Club, soccer coach and Chairman for the Haughton Court Basic School. Antsman is a licensed driver with all the certifications recommended by the Jamaica Tourist Board, the highest authority in travel arrangements for tourists in Jamaica.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Wausau, Wisconsin
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

We utilized Antsman's services for round trip airport transfer and paid for this particular agreement, on day one, at the airport in it's entirety. We were NEVER concerned about Antsman not showing up on day 10 to transport us back to the airport due to his excellent reputation on Trip Advisor! Of course day 10 he was there, as promised, to drive us back to the airport.

On the day of our arrival to beautiful Jamaica, Antsman greeted us, packed our bags in his vehicle, and welcomed us to his beautiful country. He even swung into a gas station and offered us each a beverage of choice, couple of native Red Stripes for the adults and a water for my 8 year old, compliments of Antsman himself. Drivers and roads in Jamaica are pretty wild but Antsman obtained our trust. I trusted the safety of my family with Antsman's experience as a driver. We used Antsman's driving services for a trip to YS Falls. He stated he would be waiting for us in YS Falls parking lot when we were done and insisted we take our time. We left belongings in his vehicle, under his watchful eye. Sure enough, Antsman was patiently waiting for our return and brought us "home" safely.

We took one of Antsman's tours as well. The country side tour. This was my favorite thing we did in the 10 days in Jamaica. We stopped at a school of 4-5 year olds, visited and took pictures. Went to a curry "factory". Saw the beautiful mountains! Drove through Antsman's neighborhood and saw where he lived, met his wife even. Saw a really cool soccer field where he coaches. Stopped for drinks at Antsman's bar and ate lunch at an adjoining restarant. My husband played pool with locals. There is an older kids' school located by his bar and the kids were so friendly, and asked us to come see their school so we ended up taking a tour of that school as well. Antsman was so patient. On our way back to our resort we asked to be dropped off at Rick's Cafe and said we'd take a cab back since the country side tour was completed. Antsman said he would hang out in the parking lot for us for about 45 minutes, which he did. Half way back to our resort I thought I left my cell phone at Rick's and without skipping a beat, Antsman had the vehicle turned around to go back and find my phone. After lots of research and hear say, I doubt you'll find cheaper transportation/tours. Check Antsman, via email-he's prompt with responses. antsmantour@gmail.com or website http://www.antsmantoursjamaica.com or phone 1-876-837-2690. Will post pics once we get them loaded. Trein says "hi"!!

5 Thank catchthetrain

Kent United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Truly an experience”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I thank Orane for arranging this bespoke tour especially for my son who is interested in James Bond and managed to view the home of Ian Fleming.Truly amazing experience to end our Holiday in Jamaica .I recommend Antsman tour for touring the Island on your Holidays for something special or specific you want to see.Orane local knowledge and providing us with a History lesson along the way ....yeah man excellent from the Roberts Family in the U.K

Visited July 2012
4 Thank James R
Lenexa, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great tour with Antsman”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 teenagers) visited Jamaica for the first time in late May. On the recommendation of our travel agent, we contacted Antsman and arranged to spend the day with him. He was very flexible on times and we started at noon and got back about 8:00 pm. We had a terrific day with him - he took us up in the mountains to see some of the countryside, stopped for a Red Stripe at his Sports Bar and played pool, visited the "Basic" school (preschool/kindergarten) in his town and learned so much about his country. It was great to get off the resort for a while. We finished our day with a little beach time in Negril and then watched the cliff jumpers at Ricks. Antsman encouraged us to take our time and we never felt hurried. I would highly recommend him to future travelers.

Visited May 2012
3 Thank KSFamilyof4RMAT
delaware
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We used Antsman in December we did the pelican bar and enjoyed his company so much we used him the next day and did the appleton rum tour, he also took us to some duty free shopping in negril, as well as found us a good road side jerk chicken and pork to eat. Definately can't wait to contact him in January when we visit again. Definately safe reasonible priced, email him and you will get a response that day.

Visited December 2011
4 Thank kalar68
Seoul, South Korea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A true jamaican experience”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My husband and I visited Negril as part of our 1 week holiday in Jamaica. We are always finding ways to travel off the beaten track to experience the true native culture of wherever we are traveling. This holiday was no exception, so even before we left we did some research and found Antsman tour through tripadvisor. The school and village tour that people wrote about was very appealing to us so we contacted Orane and set up our private tour for 2 days.
On first impressions Orane is not the bubbly over excited host. But trust me, he really grows on you. ^^ The genuine love he feels for his country and passion he shows to his community is truly admirable. On our request he took us to his village where we visited a school and got to meet some very beautiful children. We bought spicy shrimp and sugar cane from roadside stalls and Orane showed us how to eat them. YUM. He also showed us village projects that were underway to build a sports field so that children could play. We also visited a sports bar that Orane runs and got to play some pool with the local young people while laughing over drinks and listening to Bob Marley. We met alot of people on the way and Orane always made sure to introduce us to each and everyone of them. He knows EVERYONE. ^^
I've been on alot of private tours, and my opinion is that with most well known private tour groups, they are pretty much the same in the sense that they will be friendly, knowledgable and accomodating. But if the focus of your trip is not the everyday typical tour and you would like a twist to your holiday tales, then Antsman Private Tour is the company to call!

Visited February 2012