WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Pewee's Restaurant

Pewee's Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 188 Restaurants in Negril
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Pewee's Bar & Restaurant is located on the cliffs of Negril, Jamaica and is situated between the only two castles on the west end of Jamaica. Breakfast and Dinner are served daily by our Head Chef/Manager Elvis, who has worked at this establishment for more than 30 years. In season the Bar stays open until the last man/women leaves. Stop on by for one of our signature Rum Punches, It only takes two! And don't miss our annual February 8th Birthday Bash, A celebration of the Legend that is Pewee Dawkins. Family owned and operated. This place is real Jamaica.
St. John's, Canada
“Pewees...A must visit spot in Negril”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Pewees is a special place in the West-end of Negril.
To find Pewees you only need at anyone in Negril.."How do I get to Pewees on the cliffs" I have been going to Pewees since my first trip to Negril in the 80's.I had the pleasure to meet Pewee himself, the next year sadly he had passed. I found this place and it quickly became where you could find Shorty when in Negril . Family owned and operated it is a place to enjoy the view ....the local people... great rum punch...delicious food...other tourists and local people swapping stories. It is always an entertaining time at Pewees. Elvis,the cook-bartender, is second to none and loves to take care of the guests,who soon become friends.
Pewees is also a very safe place to go to enjoy the local people and culture. Everyone is looked after and respected at Pewees so tourists can enjoy the Jamaician experience to the max!!!
No matter where you stay in Negril it is well worth a trip to Pewees. One of the best places to go for a nice breakfast to start your day and perhaps not leave until you see the sunset because of the warm atmosphere,good food and drinks and some of the most interesting people in Negril people.
A "Big Up" for Pewees and a great Jamaician experience.

Miss you Winsom

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Ras-Shorty

Bloomington, Indiana
“Drinks + view = fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

I didn't eat there, but stopped in for drinks twice. Danny is so friendly. Elvis made great rum punch. The view is stunning. I am so glad I found this gem. After reading the other reviews, I'll definitely be heading here for a meal on my next trip :)

Visited July 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Good people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Enjoy the local culture and all that it offers

Visited during the one love bus pub crawl and had a blast

Visited May 2012
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“French Toast with Family on the Caribbean Ocean.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

This morning I joined some other guests from Canada who are staying at the villa where I am staying at Peewees for coffee ( for them) and French toast and eggs ( for me). The folks from canada were regulars to this part of negril and part owners of peewees knew them and greeted them as friends. Over breakfast Danny told us of his travels. We laughed and talked and joked, and he gave us all mangoes. He told us of his love for Jamaica. For the ocean. For this community. Wonderful breakfast. I look forward to a cold Red Stripe later with them.

1 Thank Reggaerocker
Peterborough, Canada
“Cool Spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

We spent an evening at PeeWee's Bar. Had a wonderful time. Excellent service - actually felt more like hanging with a friend than being served, lol! I will definitely return to PeeWee's!

Visited April 2012