“Great food”

Cuisines: Jamaican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Great food, great people and good price. Totally worth going. I love the veggie patties, their sauce is awesome. Always made fresh, right in front of u. U have to try!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Niah's patties are the bomb! You can choose from about three to four different types of patties, all cooked to order. I had the vegetable patties and ended up going back three times during my visit.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is the first time Tripadvisor has failed me in following other's reviews. Like others have said, the stand is very hard to find. The stand is located in a vacant lot between the ocean and the road. I ordered a veggie pattie. It was bland. I'm from the Midwest, and we are typically known for bland food, but this was more bland than average. I'm not a pattie expert, so I can't comment on whether it is a better than the average beach pattie.

Perhaps was ruined the experience for me was the setting. There are a few picnic tables around the stand, but next to the picnic tables was an old couch with only the foam stuffing showing which was moldy and wet. I know that this type of thing is all over Jamaica, but like I said, the stand is located in a huge vacant lot, so why have they not moved the moldy wet couch to the other end of the lot? It was just gross.

1  Thank laurathelawyer
Reviewed January 21, 2014

They don't make typical Jamaican patties here. They are more like italian panzerotties. Everyday you have a certain choice of fillings. They make it any way you want. Worth the walk!

1  Thank MARGARET0560
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great patties! They are pricier than what you would get from a beach vendor, but they are fresh, loaded with filling; I couldn't even finish one. Niah's is a bit hard to find but worth the search.