“A nice little visit”

Cuisines: Jamaican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Good service, nice rustic atmosphere, tasty patty. Didn't ask for our money until we had eaten and enjoyed the patty. A nice stop on a hot day.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Sand gravity usually gets the best of us but this year we got motivated and went hunting Niah's. Heck it was just a couple hundred yards down beach and up in big vacant lot with various craft merchants.

Had the Chicken and Italian. Awesome . The BEST patties we have ever had.
Definitely will return next January

Guess Norman will be seeing less of us ... but he makes it oh so easy with his bicycle and cardboard box delivery

Reviewed January 20, 2013

And he is legit, sweet, honest and makes the best darn patties. His wife (new to the scene since I've been going), is a German Rasta with equal sweetness. My partner got a small splinter in his toe and when I asked if they had anything, she came out and took good care of him... Real Jamaican hospitality.

Just know, as all real food in Jamaica, it takes some time, as he makes them from scratch, starting with rolling out the dough, then adding the filling of your choice....

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Niah's patties are unreal! I was I'm negril for 2 weeks . We went to Niah's 3 times on our holiday! And every time it was awesome! I read about this place on trip advisor! And figured this place does look sketchy but the ratings are so high! Why? Is this place that great? Well the answer is yes! A pattie is like a calzone but a Jamaican version! My first pattie I really didnt know what to expect! There buisness looks like a *hit hole! But I thought IDE give it a shot! Well it was some of the best food I've ever tasted! Ever! I had the Italian! It's most people's favourite! My wife had the lobster and she said it wasn't bad , but was nothing compared to the Italian! They make there own garlic BBQ sauce and that was the best I've ever tasted for a bbq sauce! I asked for the recipe but they said it was a secret family recipe .

I sake my head at the people that gave this place a bad review! These people work every day just to provide just enough money to keep there family's going! They have nothing! Make sure you go and try this place out and you won't be disappointed ! Iit's nice to support a place that need support! With the stuff they have to work with! They sure make unreal food.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife absolutely loved the patties from Niah patties, I also thought they were very nice. The pastry tasted quite different to other patties we'd had on our trip, they almost tasted like a doughnut type dough but without any sweet sugaring. They were a bit more expensive then other patties we'd had on our travels, but the location right off the seven mile beach made it easy to get to if you were having a wander up and down the beach. It's quite easy to spot as there is a gated grassy area with a few stores on the left hand side. Niah's is the last one on the left.