“Fabulous Day at Mayfield Falls with Rocky's Tours”

Rocky's Taxi and Tour Services
Ranked #2 of 78 Tours in Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: Rocky's Taxi and tour service is available to satisfy all your transportation needs, we are located in Negril, but serve the entire western Jamaica. We are fully licensed and insure, our vehicles are fully air condition. We do airport transfers, Island, wide. sight seeing tours, and shopping trips. Call Rocky's for #1 in service.
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fabulous Day at Mayfield Falls with Rocky's Tours”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We had a great experience with Rocky's tours. I contacted him via his website and he responded very quickly and was able to easily book and confirm our trip online. This was very handy, given that we were traveling and did not have telephone service (but did have wifi). In addition, the price was very good. Rocky himself picked us up, on time (actually he was waiting for us-unheard of in Jamaica!) and took us up to Mayfield falls telling us about the towns we were traveling through and sites we were seeing along the way. Mayfield Falls itself is a magical place, uncrowded and natural, unlike many of the crowded tourist sites around the island. However, you do need to be mobile and comfortable walking up a stream (the guide will give you a hand when you need it, but you do need to be moderately fit). If you want a refreshing change from the beach, and to immerse yourself in a bit of nature and Jamaican culture, this trip is highly recommended. Rocky's van was very nice, clean and the most comfortable vehicle I have ridden in in Jamaica.

Visited December 2013

Somewhere in Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Reliable and comfortable transportation”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My wife and I visited Negril for a week and used Rocky's for three trips:

- Montego Bay airport to Negril
- tranfer between two resorts in the Negril area
- Negril to Montego Bay airport

When we first arrived at the Montego Bay airport there was a bit of confusion as our driver was not waiting outside with the other drivers. We were a bit behind schedule getting through customs, baggage, etc., and I think he was simply popping in every few minutes to see if we were there. The people at the airport were NOT helpful -- they claimed not to know anything about the company, and one driver suggested that our Rocky's driver had already left with other customers. Obviously these guys were just trying to steal customers. I checked outside after another 2-3 minutes and found our driver holding the "Rocky's Tour" sign.

The first transfer (airport to resort #1 in Negril) was in a large (apx. 8 passenger) Toyota van. I think this vehicle is normally used for groups, but this was a private transfer and we were the only passengers. At my wife's request the driver stopped to buy us a couple of beers, then hit the road. We arrived in Montego Bay at night and were anxious to get to the resort. He got us there in excellent time. I'm not saying he was speeding, but it sure didn't feel like 75 minutes ; ).

The second transfer (resort #1 to resort #2) was in a Toyota crossover (wagon/SUV) type vehicle. The driver was on-time and the drive was quick and easy.

The third transfer (resort #2 to airport) was also in a Toyota crossover type vehicle. The driver was about 10 minutes early. At my wife's request he made a quick stop in Negril to visit the bank. He got us to the airport in excellent time, slightly ahead of schedule.

The first vehicle (van) appeared to be a few years old, and the second and third vehicles (wagon/SUV crossover) appeared to be new. All appeared to be clean and in good condition. The drivers were conscientious and safe.

I have done the bus transfer before, and I know that it's very economical. That being said, I would gladly book with Rocky's again in the future. Getting to and from the airport can be stressful, but the airport transfers with Rocky's were anything but. I find Rocky's to be the most reliable and comfortable option, and worth the extra cost.

Visited February 2014
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Travel in comfort and style.”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

We used Rockys taxi service for 3 transfers and found the experience very relaxing and comfortable. We had 3 different drivers (2 of them both have the name, Dwayne) but they were all very kind, fun and knowledgable. We felt safe as well. Roxann, the person you reach when you book a transfer or tour is helpful, friendly and easy to work with.
Yes it costs a bit more for a private transfer but I totally recommend it for the time you save and the comfort.

Visited February 2014
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“My favorite Taxi & Tour service in Negril”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have been using Rocky's Taxi & Tours for many years and it is always topnotch. This trip we had Dwayne pick us up at the airport and Wayne took us back to the airport. Both were excellent drivers and couldn't have been more helpful. Rocky even came to the hotel to visit us one evening. I plan to use Rocky's again and again.

Visited December 2013
St. John's, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“rocky tours”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

we used rocky tours for the first time this past week.. we were very please with the service that we got... very professional , great drivers.... we will be using them again and again..... if you are going to jamaica these guys are your taxi service... if its just to get to your resort or if you would like to do some site seeing book it with these guys... see you guys the next time we are down there...

Visited January 2014