“Rocky's Great”

Rocky's Taxi and Tour Services
Ranked #4 of 81 Tours in Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: Rocky's Taxi and tour service is available to satisfy all your transportation needs, we are located in Negril, but serve the entire western Jamaica. We are fully licensed and insure, our vehicles are fully air condition. We do airport transfers, Island, wide. sight seeing tours, and shopping trips. Call Rocky's for #1 in service.
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Went to Negril for my mothers birthday, Rocky was waiting for us at the airport, he had refreshments, air conditioning, and a nice comfortable ride. As we drove from the airport to the resort which was about an hours drive, Rocky explained where we were a little history, gave us a nice little tour on our taxi ride it was quite nice. While at the resort on our weeks stay if we wanted to go anywhere we just planned ahead and called rocky, he was always ontime. Prices were reasonable for a safe taxi ride in Jamaica if you wanted to go into town or whatnot. Rocky's a great friendly guy and it was a wonderful experience. I'll be using him again, no reason not to.

All reviews
in 25 reviews
"day trip"
in 36 reviews

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I booked roundtrip transportation with this company WEEKS before our arrival after reading all of the great reviews, only to arrive in Negril on our honeymoon with no ride to our resort as promised. We waited for awhile then decided to call, they booked us for the wrong DAY and was unable to pick us up at that time. Luckily there were several other reliable taxis around for us to use. They did apologize, but an apology did me no good standing in the heat for that long after a long 13hr flight.

RockysTourNegril, Owner at Rocky's Taxi and Tour Services, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

In respond to this review. I am aware of the fact that my clients here had booked my service for airport transfer,and there was a mix up with the pickup date, I waited all day the day before and they came the day after, I usually contact my clients to find out what happen, but sometimes the names on the e-mail address are not the same as they book under, so that makes it difficult for me to contact them. My clients called me when they arrived, and I honestly explain the situation, and apologize, to them, and told them that one of my drivers were close by, and if they will wait a little until he get there, they said that they could not, so I had one of my colleague take them to their destination. To avoid this situation from reoccurring I have advised my clients to reconfirm their bookings closer to their time of arrival, because flight information changes, and I have no control over that.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I read all the reviews on here and checked out the website and emailed Rocky about airport transportation and the Black River, YS Falls, and Appleton tour. Rocky immediately emailed me back and got everything set up. Wayne met us at the airport (no red stripe waiting :( ) and whisked us off to Negril where we were staying. Word of warning/excitement. Driving with Wayne should be an excursion in and of itself. He is crazy!! He told us all about everything as he honked and weaved his way through the tiny cramped streets and pot holes. The next morning Wayne was our driver again for our tour day. Again, no Red Stripes :( but Wayne is so funny! The only suggestion I would have is that he could tell you more what the plan is. We just got in the car and then he would get to a spot, tell us to get out, and point to where we were going. We never got any direction, plans, etc. Also, ladies.... if you are traveling with a guy, just accept that you are to be a silent companion and the men will do all the talking/planning. Took me awhile to get used to it. Rocky took us back to the airport in the bus and was quiet and safe.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stumbled on Rocky Tours on line and contacted Rocky via email. He immediately emailed me back and we worked out an extremely reasonable round trip price to Ocho Rios for me and my family. Wayne met us at the airport on arrival and we immediately felt safe and assured that we had made the right decision to book with Rocky. Wayne knew everything there was to know about the island. He even stopped at a restaurant on the way to allow us to stretch our legs and get some Red Stripes & Jerk Chicken.
We also used Rocky Tour to go to the Bob Marley Museum and Donald was our driver. He made the trip to 9 Miles fun and enjoyable. He even suggested that we do the Dunn Rivers Tour on our way back which was the best advice ever. We got to Dunn Rivers at 3 pm and had the falls literally to ourselves with our personal tour guide. ADVICE – Do Dunn Rivers in the Afternoon after all the Tourists from the Cruises have gone. It’s quite a lot more fun.
I have been going to Jamaica twice a year for the past 8 years and Rocky Tours is simply the best option. Always a smile, no request was too much and there was always a cooler of Water, Sodas and Red Stripe in the vehicles.

See you soon Wayne, Donald and Rocky.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 14, 2012

When we landed in Montego Bay in May 2012 even though it was a weekday, our plane from Toronto was delayed and there was quite a wait to get through customs we were quite anxious to get out of the airport and on our way to Negril!! When we walked out the doors, Rocky was exactly where he said he would be waiting with a great big smile and a very warm welcome!!

Once in the van and on our way to the hotel, Rocky offered us some nice ice cold Red Stripe to enjoy for the ride. It was quite enjoyable, with him pointing out some of the great sights along the way. My friend and I hadn't planned any excursions prior to flying to Jamaica, so questioned Rocky about what he suggested which turned out to be Rocky's Thursday Tour.
We had a private tour with his driver Byron who was just as wonderful and accommodating, he took us to Black River, YS Falls and Pelican Bar. All were wonderful and fun, we never once felt rushed by Byron.
Our trip back to the airport was pre-arranged with Rocky on drop off and he was right there pulling up at the time we agreed upon, with a wonderful trip back to Montego Bay!!

I would suggest Rocky for any of his tours as well as airport transportation to anyone looking for a seamless, comfortable and accommodating trip to Jamaica!!