“ROCKY IS THE BEST!”

Rocky's Taxi and Tour Services
Ranked #2 of 78 Tours in Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: Rocky's Taxi and tour service is available to satisfy all your transportation needs, we are located in Negril, but serve the entire western Jamaica. We are fully licensed and insure, our vehicles are fully air condition. We do airport transfers, Island, wide. sight seeing tours, and shopping trips. Call Rocky's for #1 in service.
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“ROCKY IS THE BEST!”
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We just returned from a week-long stay at the Beaches Negril and Beaches Sandy Bay properties to celebrate my daughter's 40th Birthday. My daughter had been referred to Rocky and after reviewing the positive comments on TripAdvisor about his services, she called him from Indianapolis and set up an all-day excursion to Black River Safari (great!) and YS Falls (wonderful!) followed by dinner at Rick's Cafe that evening. He quoted my daughter a price of $100 per person, which included the entrance fees to the Black River Safari and YS Falls. (NOTE: We paid extra ($48 adults and $24 kids) to take a zip line tour (5 platforms) over the Falls, and it was SO worth it! The guides were well trained and charming and funny.)

Our trip was set for Tuesday, April 5, but unfortunately the night before, my son-in-law became very ill and had to be taken to the hospital in Montego Bay by ambulance. It was too late to call Rocky to cancel, and besides, we felt it was best that we continue with our plans to take the tour so as to take my grandsons' (10 and 12) minds off worrying about what was going on with their Dad.

When Rocky showed up the next morning to pick us up at 8 am, we explained to him that it would only be the four of us, and why, and he said 'no problem'

We had the BEST time ever! Rocky was warm, friendly, courteous, and very informative about Jamaica and its landmarks. His van was clean and in good shape. He was a very careful driver, especially considering the condition of the local roads and the craziness of the local drivers. In addition, he was very caring with us, knowing we were all worried about about what was going on with my son-in-law (turned out he had a kidney stone - ick!). He used his personal phone several times during the day so we could stay in touch with my daughter to monitor the situation with my son-in-law.

When we returned to the resort about 8 pm that night, he accepted the $400 payment, instead of the $600 he had originally booked) with no problem whatsoever.

Rocky is gracious, charming, and by the end of the day, we felt like he was family. I can think of no higher compliment to pay him. We will be returning to Jamaica, possibly next winter, and we plan on getting in touch with him again to book him for some different sightseeing locations.

Thanks for a great day, Rocky! You're "the bomb!"

Joanna and Gary from Arizona

London
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“Can be unreliable”
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I used Rocky as he had great reviews on trip adviser. First impression was very positive as he meet us at the Airport with a Red-stripe ($70 to Negril).

However our next trip with him to Blackriver and Rum factory ($200 plus entrance fees so around $250 each) was more expensive than the hotel)

For our next trip to Royal Palm reserve - he simply did not turn up!!! (Told us after I contacted him he had forgotten)

Finally for trip back to airport with stop of at Rocklands he wanted to charge us $120 which was incredibly expensive.

Anyhow he is a nice guy but I think he may be having trouble juggling what appears to be a very successful business.

3 Thank Graeme W
RockysTourNegril, Owner at Rocky's Taxi and Tour Services, responded to this review, May 8, 2011
I would like to put some clarity to this review. My client mention that I charge $200us for two persons to the YS falls,
and Appleton rum factory, yes that was the price I charge, but the entrance fee which is $31us to YS falls was included in that $200us, so a total of $169us was what I really collected for myself.
This was an all day private trip trip.

The Royal palm is close officially, I explained this to my clients, I simply did not want to take the chance to take them to a place where I think was unsafe, maybe I went about it the wrong way , if so, I apologize.

My driver Michael took them to the bier sanctuary and to the airport, he charge them $120us for that trip, that was for extra time spent in the woods, any way they said they only have $100us,he took it with a smile and went his way. I hope that this will clear any doubt in any of my viewers mind.

Roxroy Lawrence (Rocky)
Barrie Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Use Rocky”
Reviewed April 20, 2011

We just got back and used Rocky for our transfer from Montego Bay to Negril and back. He was on time, allowed us to stop at Mega Mart. His car was clean and in almost new condition. And most important my 85 year old grandmother thought he was a safe driver. We will use him again for our September trip.

1 Thank linnytoons
Nova Scotia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Rocky Rocks!”
Reviewed April 18, 2011

We heard about Rocky here on trip advisor. We stayed in Negril late March to early April for a week and emailed Rocky to see if we could take a short tour of some local areas. We were travelling with a 10 month old baby so we were mainly interested in getting away from the resort for a bit and see some countryside. We were in Negril several years ago and had visted the shopping areas, craft market, light house and Rick's Cafe and were not up for that this time. Rocky took us on a drive through some local towns including Little London, Savana La Mar, Bluefields, and Little Bay. We stopped at the Blue Hole too which was nice. It was a really nice drive, we saw some beautiful areas, chatted with Rocky and had fun. Rocky was totally professional, the vehicle was spotless and comfortable. We felt totally safe. We would not hesitate to book his services again and recommend him to others.

maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Highly recommend Rocky!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2011

We booked Rocky's taxi via email from the states, & it couldn't have been better. We had never done this before, but felt confident after communicating with Rocky, We went to YS Falls, & to another destination with his driver Michael who was great! Very respectful, & willing to wait for us "no problem." We will definately use his service next time we are in Jamaica!