Rocky's Taxi and Tour Services
Ranked #2 of 79 Tours in Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: Rocky's Taxi and tour service is available to satisfy all your transportation needs, we are located in Negril, but serve the entire western Jamaica. We are fully licensed and insure, our vehicles are fully air condition. We do airport transfers, Island, wide. sight seeing tours, and shopping trips. Call Rocky's for #1 in service.
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I used Rocky as he had great reviews on trip adviser. First impression was very positive as he meet us at the Airport with a Red-stripe ($70 to Negril).

However our next trip with him to Blackriver and Rum factory ($200 plus entrance fees so around $250 each) was more expensive than the hotel)

For our next trip to Royal Palm reserve - he simply did not turn up!!! (Told us after I contacted him he had forgotten)

Finally for trip back to airport with stop of at Rocklands he wanted to charge us $120 which was incredibly expensive.

Anyhow he is a nice guy but I think he may be having trouble juggling what appears to be a very successful business.

3  Thank Graeme W
RockysTourNegril, Owner at Rocky's Taxi and Tour Services, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2011

I would like to put some clarity to this review. My client mention that I charge $200us for two persons to the YS falls,
and Appleton rum factory, yes that was the price I charge, but the entrance fee which is $31us to YS falls was included in that $200us, so a total of $169us was what I really collected for myself.
This was an all day private trip trip.

The Royal palm is close officially, I explained this to my clients, I simply did not want to take the chance to take them to a place where I think was unsafe, maybe I went about it the wrong way , if so, I apologize.

My driver Michael took them to the bier sanctuary and to the airport, he charge them $120us for that trip, that was for extra time spent in the woods, any way they said they only have $100us,he took it with a smile and went his way. I hope that this will clear any doubt in any of my viewers mind.

Roxroy Lawrence (Rocky)

Reviewed April 20, 2011

We just got back and used Rocky for our transfer from Montego Bay to Negril and back. He was on time, allowed us to stop at Mega Mart. His car was clean and in almost new condition. And most important my 85 year old grandmother thought he was a safe driver. We will use him again for our September trip.

1  Thank linnytoons
Reviewed April 18, 2011

We heard about Rocky here on trip advisor. We stayed in Negril late March to early April for a week and emailed Rocky to see if we could take a short tour of some local areas. We were travelling with a 10 month old baby so we were mainly interested in getting away from the resort for a bit and see some countryside. We were in Negril several years ago and had visted the shopping areas, craft market, light house and Rick's Cafe and were not up for that this time. Rocky took us on a drive through some local towns including Little London, Savana La Mar, Bluefields, and Little Bay. We stopped at the Blue Hole too which was nice. It was a really nice drive, we saw some beautiful areas, chatted with Rocky and had fun. Rocky was totally professional, the vehicle was spotless and comfortable. We felt totally safe. We would not hesitate to book his services again and recommend him to others.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

We booked Rocky's taxi via email from the states, & it couldn't have been better. We had never done this before, but felt confident after communicating with Rocky, We went to YS Falls, & to another destination with his driver Michael who was great! Very respectful, & willing to wait for us "no problem." We will definately use his service next time we are in Jamaica!

Reviewed April 4, 2011

Rocky was recommended to us by the owners of the Point Village condo we rented. It was so great to have the number of a trusted driver already available to us when we got there. Rocky didn't disappoint. He is punctual and totally reliable, always is there waiting when he says he will be. He also has one of the nicest vehicles in Negril! He runs a bustling business so when he couldn't pick us up, he had one of his colleagues do it, who we found to be equally as reliable and friendly. On the way to the airport, we had such a pleasant conversation with Rocky that it made saying goodbye to Negril a little bit easier.