“Best Food We Ate in Jamaica”

Murphy's West End Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 187 Restaurants in Negril
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Small family run local jerk and seafood restaurant, Good Prices, Great Food..Proprietor Lenial Ennis is very pleasant host.
Reviewed July 22, 2016

My boyfriend and I have been holidaying in Negril for the last eight days, and tonight went to Murphy's for our last dinner as we had heard great things.
The food was absolutely delicious - the best we had in our entire stay in Negril - I had the Grilled Shrimp & my boyfriend had the Jerk Lobster. Both dishes were presented fantastically and they both were extremely delicious.
Murphy looked after us and made sure we had everything we wanted.
The food is extremely well priced for what you are getting; I could not recommend this restaurant more highly!
We regret not getting around this little gem earlier!!

Reviewed July 19, 2016

We went one time and that turned into FIVE TIMES on our 8 day trip!! Murphy is the chillest coolest dude in Negril. I say that because his restaurant is his heart and soul and in every bite you can taste and feel that. We would call him in the morning which is a must since it is very small and he prepares for the day from the reservations. We had grilled lobsters, jerk lobsters, scampi shrimp, grouper and tried all the sides, WOW!! everything incredible....His son is helping for the summer and is learning the ropes that his father has perfected. Thank you Murphy for helping make our trip to Negril perfect!

Reviewed July 18, 2016 via mobile

My husband, our 2 friends, & I JUST finished having dinner at Murphy's & I wanted to immediately review this place, so that I didn't wait & fail to post about our experience. None of us had ever eaten at Murphy's, but had heard wonderful things about the food & the prices from the locals. We made a reservation, as recommended, & arrived to find only one other couple dining. Don't assume that the lack of crowd means the food isn't good! Quite the contrary!! Murphy basically does EVERYTHING, hence the need for reservations. He serves fresh, local food & the presentation is AMAZING! He was our waiter & cook & did everything with a huge smile. You can tell his food is made with love & that he has a passion to share real Jamaican cuisine with his guests. We could not believe how beautiful the meals looked & how delicious everything was. Honestly, everything was plated like you were at a 5 star restaurant & not sitting at a picnic table. This man takes pride in his work & it shows!

I enjoyed the jerk shrimp & festival & my husband had the (I believe it was called) Jamrock fish (which was fried) & a side of rice & peas. Everything was wonderful!

As a side note, a young man named Shane, helped clear the tables & worked very hard. Apparently, this adorable guy is Murphy's son & he deserves some recognition for helping out his father & doing it all with a smile. I hope spreading the word about this restaurant will encourage more visitors to check it out! Murphy, definitely, earned our respect & we will, certainly, become repeat customers!!

1  Thank 952christinaf
Reviewed July 18, 2016 via mobile

Variety of EXTREMELY yummy food at cheapish prices. Quick, efficient and friendly staff. Cash only and reservations necessary.

Reviewed July 9, 2016

This is a small cozy shack a few meters from Rick's Cafe on Westend road with a chef with a smile as big as the 7 - mile beach .... but the absolute real Jamaican thing !

Food - Most resort food in Jamaica is mass produced and though it tastes good doesn't compliment the Caribbean diversity of fruits, vegetables and the sea. Murphy's grinds his own spices for his curries, marinated with fresh top quality meat and presented with a combination of local fruits is an explosion of flavor... Just writing this review takes me back to thoughts of fresh jerk lobster, spicy chicken curry and grilled shrimp garlic... Top this is with Murphy's coined "Jamaican champagne" a.k.a Red Stripe Beer...
Make sure he shares his bar of Rum and Raisin chocolate for a free dessert !

Staff - The most amazing about this joint is the simplicity. A special mention to the Shane Ennis - who is the the son of the master chef and a funny hard working character himself. Together the father-son duo keep the place lively, fun and warm.

Ambiance - I went with my 20 month old and she had a blast... that's how easy and quaint it gets... This is not for those looking for a white glove - this is one for those looking for the local Jamaican happy-as-always feeling - Cant wait to go again...

1  Thank Jitan C