“Fourth visit to Murphys and still loving it”

Murphy's West End Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 187 Restaurants in Negril
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Small family run local jerk and seafood restaurant, Good Prices, Great Food..Proprietor Lenial Ennis is very pleasant host.
Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

The best place to eat at in Negril. They put a lot of time and effort into every meal and plate your food professionally. A truly remarkable experience. Don't miss this one it should be #1 on trip advisor! Don't trust my bad pictures either it's much nicer in person! The owner is a great and interesting person to talk to... If you catch him during a low period you should have an enjoyable conversation...

Reviewed June 24, 2016 via mobile

We ordered the grilled Mahi jerk style and the shrimp garlic style. ( not the scampy) more of a drown sauce with chucks of garlic. Everything is beautifully garnished with kiwi, strawberries and local fruits. The grilled veggies were excellent. Super favors. Very small place, make a reservation. Ok to walk during the day. 5$ taxi from Rick's.

Reviewed June 23, 2016

Finally got a chance to go to Murphy's after our friend ranted and raved about it. Thank goodness we had a reservation, as he was busy that evening. Food was very good and atmosphere was fun! Once Murphy was able to catch up, he came out and talked and met everyone at our table. He is a charming person and a very talented chef. Will be back upon our return to Negril.

Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

I LOVE Murphy's!!! He seems to be a fairly young guy who is very successful and skilled in his craft and has the West End on lock! Truly an artist, he could come to the US and blow these chefs out of the water! Ive been to Ja 7 times and Im so mad that I am just now visiting!

We arrived around 6pm and thought we were being turned away bc we didn't have a reservation. Keep in mind that a lot of the places on the West End require a reservation, everything is freshly caught and cooked to order so this is understandable. Murphy told us he would allow us to dine since we were there and he squeezed us onto his list (20 guests already had reservations). There was only one couple there when we arrived and about 8 more people showed up as we were leaving. Bar is nicely stocked, there are hammocks and colorful lights are strung throughout.

Now to the food! Presentation was A++++. I ordered the garlic kingfish. The sauce was a tomato garlic puree which had a very distinct taste, not what I expected but still good. I envisioned it grilled with a garlicky butter sauce. I devoured it nonetheless! My bf ordered brown stew snapper and we split the jerk shrimp - both were fantastic. We had callaloo, rice and peas (a bit sweeter than usual) and pumpkin mashed potatoes. It was like he took Jamaican classics, put his on spin on them and dressed them to the nines! He kept joking that he was overfeeding us but next time we may order even more - I want to try it all:) I will be sure to come back on my next trip! Keep up the good work Murphy!!

Reviewed June 21, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I took a taxi after sun set (don't risk the dark walk) and visited Murphy's. I was craving jerk shrimp and the hotel recommended this little gem. The shrimp were perfect. The festival (fried fritters) were so good we ordered multiple times, and curried goat was phenomenal. The ambiance (lighting and music) was great and the service was good too. The only drawback was they hadn't started cooking the jerk chicken so it was going to take a long time to serve. Not going to ding them on it though.
Highly recommended.