“Perfection on a plate!!”

Murphy's West End Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 196 Restaurants in Negril
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Small family run local jerk and seafood restaurant, Good Prices, Great Food..Proprietor Lenial Ennis is very pleasant host.
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Perfection on a plate!!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

If ever there is a place too good to be true it would be Murphy's. Presentation, quality, freshness & service were second to none. We felt like we were part of the family. Tony & Lineel really give it all they've got to make your experience great. Ended up dining here for three of our meals (including our final meal in Negril) while staying at The Rockhouse Hotel (it's just a short taxi ride away) and enjoyed every one of the meals!! I know that it will be on the top of my list of places that I will return to on my next trip to Negril!!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Erica T

• Arabic first
“Yummy!”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I went to Murphy's last night in the west end.. What a treat. He only serves poultry or fish but the flavors and presentation were amazing. In his tin roof restaurant that has hanging hammocks and red stripe for $2.50 we relaxed and got a real taste of Jamaican culture. Tony and Murphy were so personable. They told us the history of the spot and even showed us pictures of his restaurant when it-belonged to grandfather. Tony picked an Ackee from a tree and let me taste it.
I ate the grilled shrimp with festival a cross between a hush puppy and a doughnut . It was so fresh and amazing. My man had the snapper on hot sauce which was delish!
We are going back before we leave!

Tampa, Florida
“Great Snapper (jerk and grilled)”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We dined here as a recommendation from a hotel staff member. It turned out to be my husbands favorite jerk while in Jamaica. Everything was so fresh and absolutely delicious. The presentation was great as well! I had a tomato rose with my meal :)

Visited May 2014
1 Thank AmySue M
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“WOWSER!!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We have eaten at some amazing restaurants all over the world and I must say that this is in my top 10. Great food and great service. Beautifully presented and served by an equally attractive young man. The 2 members of staff we met were lovely. There were a few Mosquitos buzzing around so they kindly placed a mosquito coil under the table to give my poor bitten feet a night off. I had the jerk shrimp and my husband has the jerk fish. Both were really really good, hot (oven hot) and very tasty. Would definitely go again. Just sad we only discovered at the end of our holiday. Next time though! Great food. Great hosts. Great price and no mozzies. What else could you ask for!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank sam c
Houston, Texas
“Must Eat Here!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Murphy's gourmet food was delectable! The presentation was amazing. It was our best meal! It is a small restaurant with seating for 12 people at a time so you will need reservations. The owner is the chef and definitely knows food. It is a MUST!

• Visited April 2014