“Enjoyable”

Murphy's West End Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 200 Restaurants in Negril
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Small family run local jerk and seafood restaurant, Good Prices, Great Food..Proprietor Lenial Ennis is very pleasant host.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We went to Murphy's later one evening and the menu was limited. The owner was very nice about it and offered to make us curried chicken with mashed potatoes. It was so delicious and enjoyable. One of the best meals in Ja. The bill came and it was $20 for 2 entrees and 2 fruit punches. You need to try this place, you will be so pleased!!!!

2  Thank Lovinglife6367

Reviewed April 16, 2013

...We absolutely LOOOOVE Murphy's! It's the BEST place to chill in Negril. My boyfriend and I first discovered Murhpy's on last year's Jamaica trip, and it quickly became our new favorite hang-out by far. AND owner Leniel immediately remembered us when we showed up again this year. The food is the best and the freshest in Negril (Leniel takes a TON of pride in his food, a very talented chef), and the service is even better. You can relax in the hand-made hammocks all day (Leniel makes them himself), enjoy the best jerk chicken in town (not to mention the rest of their awesome food), and just feel like you're with family from the first moment. Leniel and his family are great hosts, always eager to please, and always take a sincere interest in getting to know their customers. I'm pretty sure it's impossible not to fall in love with this place. If you'd like a good place to just slow down a bit from the hustle and bustle of the beach and the night clubs, head toward the West End, just past the lighthouse.
**(While you're there, ask Leniel about his future plans for Murphy's; I believe he plans on expanding just a bit to have a cottage or two on the property for rent sometime in the future. I can't wait! Also, look into buying one of his hand-woven hammocks while you're there. They are extremely well-made and make great gifts. Amazing craftmanship, we absolutely LOVE ours!)**
We initially came here for a couple beers and a meal, but we left with new friendships we wouldn't trade for the world. We wouldn't think of returning to Negril without visiting Murphy's again. And again and again.... LENIEL, if you read this: John and I wish you the best in your plans for Murphy's and for your family as well. You certainly deserve it. Much love!---Renell

4  Thank RenellCR12
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Do it. Take a trek up the cliff road, passed the lighthouse, and be glad you did. Murphy's is the quintessential Jamaican dining experience- friendly people, delicious and unique food with unexpectedly beautiful presentation combined with hearty portions and reasonable prices. The grilled red snapper was among the best I've tasted anywhere. Ever. I only wish I could transplant Murphy's onto my block at home.

I will be here every night of my next trip to Negril.

3  Thank clynforthewin
Reviewed March 24, 2013

What a treasure we found this year in Negril ! Murphy's food and atmosphere was the best. My favorite jerk chicken in 12 trips ! Owner and chef Leniel was so wonderful, a true professional and super fun . The kitchen was spotless, as was the restaurant. Along with his beautiful sister Ariel , they have a great thing going!

4  Thank Laurie B
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Murphys Cottontree Restaurant is the best in jerk and seafood. We even had a vegetarian with us and Lenny made a special vegetable pasta for him. Leniel has got the right spice and seasoning for everything, including music, cold drinks, and irie conversation. Lenny even gave us some lessons in patwa the local dialect - and history of the lighthouse area where he was born and raised. Don't miss this great experience - and call ahead for specials or groups. . (876) 367-0475

3  Thank irie1luv