“Favorite Spot on the West End”

Murphy's West End Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 196 Restaurants in Negril
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Small family run local jerk and seafood restaurant, Good Prices, Great Food..Proprietor Lenial Ennis is very pleasant host.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

By far my favorite mom and pop on the west end. Local watering hole of choice. Come for the food and stay for the folks. Good tunes, good service, good company, and lots of laughs to be had. The menu is very reasonably priced, and cooked with care. You will not be disappointed.

4  Thank MommaWabbit
There are newer reviews for Murphy's West End Restaurant

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Located on West End passed the lighthouse is a excellant place to go for excellnt food and a cold red stripe. Sit back and enjoy the music in one of his many hammocks. Murphy and his sister, Aerial, who is quite beautiful, are enjoyable to talk to. A trip worth taken if you get to Negril.

4  Thank strabe
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We happened upon Murphy's while talking a walk in the West End. It is located just past Citronella and the Lighthouse Park. We stopped for a beer, and the smells coming from the kitchen were divine! It was still very early in the day so the jerk chicken wasn't ready yet, but we simply HAD to eat there, so we ordered the snapper. I ordered the curry and my boyfriend had the brown stew. Both dishes were absolutely AMAZING. The fish was cooked perfectly and both the curry and brown sauce were finger-licking good. The potatoes and vegetables were perfectly cooked and absolutely delicious. The portions were big and the prices were not (approximately $7 or $8 each). We went back another night for jerk chicken, but they had already sold out. Leniel said he would make us a special chicken stew with the different types of vegetables he had in stock. That meal was also one of our favorites while in Negril. What a great, great find. The staff is wonderful and friendly and the food cannot be beat. DO NOT PASS BY MURPHY'S WITHOUT EATING THERE!! You won't be disappointed.
Tom and LuLu - New YorK, NY

4  Thank Lucretia M
Reviewed February 23, 2013

There are several reasons why Murphy's is worth a visit. Although I have been to Murphy's many times, I have always been amazed at the great job they do! This year on my first visit I was able to try the jerk fish and was it outstanding. Leniel and his sister are another reason to visit, always smiling and super eager to serve you. If jerk is not ready when you arrive, it will be worth the wait and you can enjoy the hand made hammocks with a Red Strip. I will be back several times this week, it is that special. Not a tourist trap, it is the real Jamaica experience.

2  Thank LeonNoel7
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My best friend and I have have been going to Jamaica for the past 7 years and we always have jerk chicken every day at least once during the day as we bar hop, MURPHY's IS JUST DOWN THE ROAD FROM WERE WE STAY SO WE HAVE GOT TO KNOW Lenny and his family very well and have eaten a lot of his chicken, As we walk the beach drinking and eating jerk chicken we always think there must be somewhere else with chicken as good as Murphy's but haven't found it yet, so if your down at the Lighthouse just drive down the road about a haft mile to murphy's it will be worth it.

2  Thank captain d