“Island Vibes Catamaran Cruise gave us a great start to our Jamaican Holiday”

Island Routes Caribbean Adventures - Jamaica
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover Dunn's River Falls, zipline through the mountains, swim with the dolphins, river tube at River Bumpkin Farm, hop on a bamboo raft and so much more! Island Routes is an independently-operated tour company that handpicks the best of the best things to do and see in the Caribbean. Come and experience fully-guided, one-of-a-kind adventure tours that utilize the most premium equipment, training, and safety standards in the industry! Island Routes is also a contributor and leader in understanding the importance of environmental and sustainable tourism. Currently operating tours in Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, Turks & Caicos, Cayman Islands, Grenada, Bahamas, St. Maarten and Aruba.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Edmonton, Canada
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Island Vibes Catamaran Cruise gave us a great start to our Jamaican Holiday”
Reviewed December 17, 2010

Early December of this year we began our trip by booking a Catamaran adventure through Island Routes in Negril. Aboard the Cool Kat Kelly my family cruised the shores of seven mile beach and enjoyed the company of the crew who entertained and informed us of what we encountered on our way. My son had a great time snorkeling, we visited Margaritaville and Rick's Cafe but most of all we enjoyed the crew's hospitality. Top notch people and equipment, a great time to be sure!

2 Thank CanJam67

East Orange, NJ
“Took a great excursion on a Catamaran Cruise”
Reviewed November 29, 2010

I stayed at the Grand Pineapple Hotel in Negril on 11/24/10 thru 11/28/10 and booked an excursion my with Island Route Specialist, Garry Maxwell. The moment I arrived, I was greeted by Garry with a warm welcome. He was very professional and knowledgeable of the services that his company had to offer. I was impressed with his presentation and ability to answer all of my questions regarding things to do in Jamaica. He did not pressure me like most sales reps and I appreciated that. I went on the catamaran cruise and had a blast, it was worth every penny!!! When I visit Negril again, I will be sure to book several other excursions.

Des Moines, IA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Exhilirating!”
Reviewed April 29, 2010

We took the Zipline Canopy Tour April 19. We took a bus from our resort, Sandals Negril, which was punctual and our driver, Lloyd was friendly and told us about the places we drove through on the way.

When we arrived, we were all put in harnesses, helmets, and gloves and given bug spray and a discussion on safety. I was a bit nervous, but as it turned out I had no reason to be. 2 guides came with us and always made sure we knew what to do and expect. One would cross first and one would stay back so there was always somebody to help with the crossing for our group.

Now, we're a pretty loud and silly bunch of people and the guides joked right along with us and teased each other too. Hollywood was an especially funny and friendly guide.

The tour itself was just amazing. I'd never done anything like this before. It was a bit scary, but a total rush to be zipping along above the wilderness like that. The trees, river, and wildlife were beautiful. I would definitely recommend this to anybody going to Jamaica.

1 Thank MelissaDally
Kansas City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“For Those Adventurous Tourists, Look No Further Than Island Routes To Experience The Trip Of A Lifetime!”
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Island Routes in Jamaica is fantastic! My wife and I wanted to get to know the ‘real’ Jamaica, so we went to Sharren O’B Robinson at the Island Routes office at our Sandals resort in Whitehouse, Jamaica for some suggestions. He suggested several different excursions that he thought were suitable for what we were looking for. We ended up going on each of those trips with no regrets.
One was a Zipline Canopy tour where we ‘flew’ through the forest. This experience of virtual flight was definitely something not to be missed. The trip was safe and the experienced crew made it a humorous and enjoyable time for everyone.
Our second (and even more memorable excursion) was the Negril Day tour. We had an entire day of sight-seeing, shopping and playing in the ocean on our way to Negril. We we able to relax beachside at Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville before heading off for more adventure. Sharren gave our group a fascinating description of the region’s history, flora, fauna and culture. The highlight of the trip was visiting the world-famous Rick’s Café. Being the athlete that he is, Sharren went on to demonstrate cliff-diving here – catapulting headfirst off a ledge 40 feet up in the air. Incredible!
There is no doubt we will be back to enjoy all Jamaica has to offer. We loved the beautiful beaches and mountains that are everywhere you look. We are already looking at our calendar to see when we can make it back. Who knows… perhaps next time my wife and I will be cliff-diving!

1 Thank rmalisos