Everything you've heard about this place is true and more. We were there for 5 days for our 10th anniversary and could not have asked for a better setting to celebrate this occasion.
There was a misunderstanding during checkin and we were upgraded to a Seaside cottage with amazing views of the pool and ocean.
Swimming around the pool was a delight and was our favorite activity.
The views are simply amazing. Our first morning the ocean was very rough and was great to see the waves crashing against the cliffs. Sadly the weather did not cooperate and we only got to experience one sunset but it was great.
The property is well crafted and maintained and with its setting provides wonderful views and opportunities for great photographs.
The staff are all wonderful including the guys at the bar who are a delight.
We did no excursions but did walk to Town/ seven mile beach one day and to the light house another day. Some great spots to eat and explore along the way.
We ate breakfast and lunch at the local spots near and hotel and had dinner at the hotel. I will say that the Jamaican food was a little bit better at the local joints. Blue Mahoe was very good and loved the shrimp pot and their mango creme brûlée. Coffee was also excellent.
Highly recommended and Would definitely return some time in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true luxury escape located on the West End Cliffs of Negril, Jamaica and located on nearly 2 acres of oceanfront; this unique property extends from white sandy beach into exotic grey cliffs overlooking the vibrant turquoise hues of the Caribbean Sea. 18 Handcrafted stone cottages with spectacular tropical gardens and cliff side dining at the Blue Mahoe Restaurant will enhance your SPA escape. The SPA Retreat features an open-air day spa offering classic aesthetic treatments with a Jamaican flair. The adults only, SPA Retreat features a sea water pool, sandy beach deck, A/C, free Wi-Fi, in-room safe, yoga and specialty tours to enhance your experience. The devotion to quality and service familiar to The SPA’s Canadian locations continues to surpass guest expectations from the moment your flight touches down. We look forward to having you as our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Spa Retreat Hotel Negril
- Heart Beat Seaside Retreat Negril