My husband and I stayed here for 4 short days. It is by far one the best small hotels I have been to in my travels. The service is first class and genuinely friendly, the grounds are amazing and the view is astonishing. The relaxation begins the moment you walk in the door and are greeted by the cheery and professional Jonnel who is a fabulous go to that obviously loves and excels at her position. You are given a short massage, some delicious punch and a cooled cloth. The entire experience starts on the right foot and never falters. The bar staff is great, especially Dwayne who seems to be around the most. The spa provides amazing services. I had the best pedicure of my life at sunset over looking the ocean - all spa services are completed outside under a tented structure on a cliff over looking the water. In addition I had a wonderful massage and body scrub.
The food, oh the food! The chef is world class, a true culinary talent. The lobster pot is phenomenal and the jerk sauce is perfect. We sit writing this as we devour our last round of akee and salt fish, sipping on a (better than Ricks Cafe) Planter's Punch. If we had this place available in DC, where we live, we would be fighting for a table every Friday. Camiel, one of the waitresses we saw most is very attentive and sweet. She is totally flexible as are all of the staff. Something you just never see at the bigger chains. Speaking of which, I hesitate a great deal to write this review, out of complete selfishness, because I hate to see the now reasonable prices sky rocket and see the inevitable influx of annoying tourists make it difficult to return. But the dedicated staff and amazing and inspiring owners deserve the shout out. The owners are Canadian, as am I, and what can I say, we are a nice people :) but please, shhhhhh!
I should also finally mention that this my first trip advisor review. Though we use the service all the time to travel, I've never felt the desire to I've thanks or to think my review mattered much. Having found this place on trip advisor only, I know that management cares and pays attention to every detail. Particularly guests' opinions and so please do enjoy yourselves there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true luxury escape located on the West End Cliffs of Negril, Jamaica and located on nearly 2 acres of oceanfront; this unique property extends from white sandy beach into exotic grey cliffs overlooking the vibrant turquoise hues of the Caribbean Sea. 18 Handcrafted stone cottages with spectacular tropical gardens and cliff side dining at the Blue Mahoe Restaurant will enhance your SPA escape. The SPA Retreat features an open-air day spa offering classic aesthetic treatments with a Jamaican flair. The adults only, SPA Retreat features a sea water pool, sandy beach deck, A/C, free Wi-Fi, in-room safe, yoga and specialty tours to enhance your experience. The devotion to quality and service familiar to The SPA’s Canadian locations continues to surpass guest expectations from the moment your flight touches down. We look forward to having you as our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Spa Retreat Hotel Negril
- Heart Beat Seaside Retreat Negril