This resort is top notch for peace and quiet, romance, and luxury. The staff are extremely friendly and always ready to help. Whether it's Heather at the front desk, Wayne at the bar, or Kevin the chef, the people here are just super nice.
We stayed in a seaside cottage which was just perfect. Although the bed was a little small, it was not a problem. There was a TV, which we used for music only, A/C which made for comfortable sleeping, and they give you a cell phone to use as needed. A mini-fridge stocked with bottled water too. In terms of accommodations, it was top notch.
The pool area was very nice, although the pool is saltwater. Not a terrible thing, but considering the ocean is right there, it may have been nice to have a fresh water to swim in. The Blue Mahoe Restaurant, on the premises, was alright. Food not quite as authentic as we would have liked, but the setting cannot be beat. Breakfast seaside every morning was a true pleasure.
There is not much one could say negative about this place and I really don't want to discourage anyone. If you can, stay here for sure. The only reason I rated it "Very Good" instead of "Excellent" was the following:
1) The music that is played for all to listen to was a bit too contemporary and not as relaxing as it could be. Rather than Top 100, they should play New Age, soothing, Buddah Bar-type music. Much more relaxing in this kind of a setting.
2) The restaurant was okay, but we found some local places where the food was better and less expensive.
3) We had some plumbing issues in our bathroom. Shower pressure was VERY low. We had asked it be fixed, which the tried to do, but didn't really help. In addition, the toilet took forever to re-fill, probably because of the low water pressure in the unit. None of this is a big deal, but when you're paying top dollar to stay somewhere, I guess you could hope for perfection.
4) A fresh water pool would be nice and maybe a larger bed. Again, neither of these are big deals and would never stop me from staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true luxury escape located on the West End Cliffs of Negril, Jamaica and located on nearly 2 acres of oceanfront; this unique property extends from white sandy beach into exotic grey cliffs overlooking the vibrant turquoise hues of the Caribbean Sea. 18 Handcrafted stone cottages with spectacular tropical gardens and cliff side dining at the Blue Mahoe Restaurant will enhance your SPA escape. The SPA Retreat features an open-air day spa offering classic aesthetic treatments with a Jamaican flair. The adults only, SPA Retreat features a sea water pool, sandy beach deck, A/C, free Wi-Fi, in-room safe, yoga and specialty tours to enhance your experience. The devotion to quality and service familiar to The SPA’s Canadian locations continues to surpass guest expectations from the moment your flight touches down. We look forward to having you as our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Spa Retreat Hotel Negril
- Heart Beat Seaside Retreat Negril