This was our second time in Negril, Jamaica. We chose the Spa Retreat based on the excellent reviews here on TripAdvisor. Truthfully, I looked and saw that the Spa was rated number 1 with 100% of the reviews being 'excellent' and decided to book right away, after snagging a great seat sale for our flights. We are so glad we made the choice to spend our vacation at this peaceful, clean, gorgeous and well maintained property where we encountered some of the best customer service we have ever experienced.
Both my husband and I work very hard and were fairly burnt out when we booked our trip to Jamaica. Our hope was to spend a week reconnecting and also resting in order to return to our hectic lives feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. This is definitely how we felt as we were leaving the Spa after our week there. This is the perfect location to get away from it all.
It is apparent that all of the staff who work at this Spa Retreat share a common vision. In my opinion, this is what makes an already beautiful and pristine setting become the type of place we would not hesitate to return to again and again. To distill the shared perspective of the staff and management into one word might be Responsiveness. They do an excellent job of being responsive to their guests and what they need. As I mentioned, both my husband and I were looking for some solitude and rest. At the beginning of our stay, they supported this by cleaning the rooms when we were at breakfast, whereupon we would return to a beautifully clean and appointed room that we could relax in, overlooking the water. We retreated to our beautiful space and hung out in the deck chairs on our private patio overlooking the beautiful water and sky, knowing that if we needed anything we could use the provided cell phone to call the front desk and ask for it. Knowing that our need to retreat was supported by the staff helped us relax all the more. The regular 5:30 pm turn down service was a nice touch as it gave us an opportunity to see a friendly face (Kadene) and also get some ice if we needed it. We often had a drink before dinner that week. A nice touch as the sun went down.
On other days, where we were feeling chattier, there was always a friendly face at the bar during both day and night, and the cleaning staff, kitchen staff, management and excellent Chef Kevin were always around with a sincere and affable smile and a relaxed and easy presence. I cannot express enough how much this made our stay. We stayed at another location last year on 7 mile beach that we enjoyed, but I recall at least a few times a day feeling a bit 'stressed' by either the aggressiveness of the people on the beach trying to sell you something if you went for a walk, the crowded feeling, not being able to find shade, or wondering how to make something like a dinner reservation to another place or a cab ride happen on our own. Instead, with the Spa Retreat, we knew we could escape from the crowds and also rely on Heather and Diane to answer any questions we had.
A small amenity that went a long way was the cell phone we were given when we started our vacation. This cell phone was pre-loaded with 1000 international minutes as well as enough daytime minutes for us to call local amenities when we wanted to try out a neighbouring restaurant. At the time I thought we would likely not use it, but during our stay we had one family member pass away and another close friend's father pass away. Having a phone during this time was so incredibly helpful, not only to keep in touch with our family and friends, but also to arrange floral arrangements and travel plans. It also meant we could connect to the SPA if we were out and about and needed to get in touch.
Another small touch I thought was great was the fresh squeezed orange juice in the morning. The continental breakfast was very good, with delicious coffee, fresh oj, home made muffins and delicious fresh fruit. Some days we had our breakfast in the main dining area, and other times my husband would bring breakfast for us to share on our patio.
Have I mentioned how much we loved our little patio out front of our octagon room? We LOVED it. It was so great throughout the day and also after sunset when the stars came out.
Thank you to everyone for a great week. We are feeling amazing and I'm reluctant to think about work again. I'd rather just look at all of the great pictures we have from our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true luxury escape located on the West End Cliffs of Negril, Jamaica and located on nearly 2 acres of oceanfront; this unique property extends from white sandy beach into exotic grey cliffs overlooking the vibrant turquoise hues of the Caribbean Sea. 18 Handcrafted stone cottages with spectacular tropical gardens and cliff side dining at the Blue Mahoe Restaurant will enhance your SPA escape. The SPA Retreat features an open-air day spa offering classic aesthetic treatments with a Jamaican flair. The adults only, SPA Retreat features a sea water pool, sandy beach deck, A/C, free Wi-Fi, in-room safe, yoga and specialty tours to enhance your experience. The devotion to quality and service familiar to The SPA’s Canadian locations continues to surpass guest expectations from the moment your flight touches down. We look forward to having you as our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Spa Retreat Hotel Negril
- Heart Beat Seaside Retreat Negril