My fiance and arrived at The Spa Retreat on Sat. April 14th and stayed until the 20th. As soon as we arrived and walked around, we knew we wanted to stay longer. We added another day to the trip immediately. Dian and Heather were SO very welcoming and helpful in every way imaginable. They like to say," you show up, let us do everything else." And trust me when I say they really mean it. The resort is beautiful, small, cozy, and romantic. We spent the first nights in a second floor balcony room which was perfect, with very nice linens and a great, hi-tech air conditioner. We switched to one of the octagon cottages mid stay just to be closer to the water. It was divine. This resort is very private and you feel as though you are the only guests. It is adult only, which we loved. Very quiet and peaceful.
The food...what can I say? We fell in love with Kevin, the executive chef, who can make anything!! The menu is fantastic and there is not a thing on it I would not recommend trying. We loved everything he created so much, for the last few days, we told him," just surprise us." He has a fun, jovial personality that radiates his love of food and creating masterpieces. Judith, Sheldon and the others in the kitchen are masters of the craft, as well.
Wayne, the bartender, is a jewel. He can make any drink you might want and it will taste divine. We so enjoyed sitting at the outside bar getting to know him and learning about Jamaica. Every time I look back at my photos and see his smiling face, I get a little sad because he made our trip so special. Saying good bye to Wayne was hard and I hope to see his beautiful smiling face when we return next year. Spa Retreat would not be the same without him.
Christine, the owner, was on site and a delight to visit and chat with. She has a wonderful vision for Spa Retreat and has been unrelenting in having things just the way she wants. IT SHOWS!!! From picking the best people to be on site for day to day operation and all the extras this resort offers made us decide to have our wedding there next year. We are in the process of planning this now and I look forward to the wonderful ideas the staff will come up with for this special time.
Many thanks to all of the wonderful people who stood out to us: Sherrill, Georgia, Harris, Townis, Jackson, Samantha, Nathalee, Marcie, Camille, Audley, Kadene, Howie and anyone I might have forgotten. You were all precious to us with your kind faces and beautiful smiles.
Yoga and Pilates with Rosa overlooking the Caribbean were fabulous. Very strenuous classes and exceptional workouts. What a gorgeous setting as well.
I cannot wait to return to Spa Retreat. It was the trip of a lifetime!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true luxury escape located on the West End Cliffs of Negril, Jamaica and located on nearly 2 acres of oceanfront; this unique property extends from white sandy beach into exotic grey cliffs overlooking the vibrant turquoise hues of the Caribbean Sea. 18 Handcrafted stone cottages with spectacular tropical gardens and cliff side dining at the Blue Mahoe Restaurant will enhance your SPA escape. The SPA Retreat features an open-air day spa offering classic aesthetic treatments with a Jamaican flair. The adults only, SPA Retreat features a sea water pool, sandy beach deck, A/C, free Wi-Fi, in-room safe, yoga and specialty tours to enhance your experience. The devotion to quality and service familiar to The SPA’s Canadian locations continues to surpass guest expectations from the moment your flight touches down. We look forward to having you as our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Spa Retreat Hotel Negril
- Heart Beat Seaside Retreat Negril