“Another awesome stay at the BIRD”

and 1 more site!
Whistling Bird Resort
Ranked #38 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Factoryville, Pennsylvania
“Another awesome stay at the BIRD”
Reviewed December 18, 2010

Hey Anthony thanks again for another awesome stay:) This was my 4th time at wb in a year and it only gets better each time! I strayed away from the bird for a while but had to go back to my family and friends there. The friends I have made over the years at wb are some of my best friends that I stay in contact with. Chris, Miss Lilly, Miss G, Bavra, Melissa ,Navlette, Sonia, Martin(Shorty), Milton hope not missing anyone have all taken great care of me on all my stays. Never seen anyone back home that makes sure everting is alright while I am there:) It is just so peaceful when I am at wb. From the walks I take on the best beach and location on the beach. I can get it all by just sitting on wb's beach. Since being there so often so many people recognize me from past stays. It is so awesome that someone remembers you every time. My stays are always upgraded by Anthony or his dad Jim. Of course this time I stayed again in Dr. Bird(my true love for this 2 bedroom) which is always the best. I noticed new tile right away when I entered my room in the bathroom. This cottage by far is the best and oohhh so quiet for me. Always flowers on the bed welcoming me back again for another awesome stay! You will see by the pics I posted this is the cottage to stay and I always feel more like I'm at home in this room:) My son and I were there in August for a stay and we stayed in the one bedroom cottages and they are great as always but I like the bigger space I get with my Dr. Bird feel:) The intimate feel of this place is always around when I stay. Can't wait for my stay in May again or maybe Feb. if I get the need for wb again. Anytime I just want to getaway I will always be at the bird even if it is for 5 or for 10 days this is the best place to stay for me to relax and just go with the flow. Since travelling alone is not always good in some places I find that at wb(and Jamaica) is the most memorable place I have been since travelling by myself. People always ask me what it is about Jamaica that I always go back so many times....It's the friends and family I have found since going to the bird:) The restaurant is very nice run by Sonia. She is exceptional as a chef, sometimes I forget to eat when I am there but everyone is trying to feed me all the time or make sure I eat something:) It's the little things that people do for you that is the best at wb. Bend over backwards things I find that are great! If I need to go anywhere there is someone always wanting to take me or help me go where I need to go. They even have to come looking for me and worry about me when I am gone to long away from wb(inside joke). This past 3 week when I stayed there I was gone for about 30 hours staying at a friends up the beach and they were worried where Gail is all the time!!!! Is Gail in her room today??? haha It's the small things in life at wb that make it the most fantastic feeling I can have when I am there with them all:) I want to return again tomorrow if I could! So depressing to not be there with all my friends:) I have included so many beautiful pictures of my stays in May, Aug and beginning of Dec. when I just got back again....To me Whistling Bird is the little piece of home I have everytime when I go back:) Love to you all and I will see you soon come

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank gabby123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed December 14, 2010

The natural beauty will take your breath away. The staff, led by Anthony, will make sure that your desires are met. From breakfast served on the patio to a personal travel guide who will accompany you to the local clubs (if you desire), the staff go above and beyond to make sure your stay exceeds your expectations. I never thought I would go to the same place twice but i'll be making this a regular vacation spot. I feel like I made friends for a lifetime. I saw the real Jamaica and I'm in love with it.

• Stayed December 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed December 13, 2010

We had some family/health challenges during our stay but were able to thoroughly enjoy our visit due to the kindness of whistling bird staff. The beach is picture perfect. The gardens are inspiring. The resort was pretty Eco friendly which is important to our family.

• Stayed December 2010
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed November 14, 2010

WB is paradise. Intimate and friendly. Highly recommended for those free spirits who fled from the big hotels. We have felt very loved and protected Barvra, Lille, Sonia ... &. Thanks! Essential things to do: a night at Alfred's and a boat trip on the Captain Moses with Rohen. Come back soon !!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 17, 2010

A gem ~ small enough to be intimate, yet large enough for privacy, Whistling Bird is ideally located along the seven-mile beach stretch of white sand, Negril.

It allows for all of the comforts of an "all inclusive", yet you can make it your own, and be flexible.

Beginning with the ride from Montego Bay International Airport there was never a dull moment. The staff was friendly and informative, providing tips of things to do, places to dine and party without being intrusive.

Check-in was informal and thorough as we were greeted with a hug like long lost friends (though it was our first time at the Whistling Bird). That set the tone for our stay. It felt like home.

The rooms were clean and provided for privacy both inside and out becaus of the layout of the two room cottage we used. The daily housekeeping service was prompt and thorough. Ms. C took care of that with a friendly smile.

Ms. L and Ms. B were thorough, professional, warm and friendly. No request went unanswered. Mr. C, Mr. D, Mr. S, Mr. H all did there part to ensure that we felt safe and secure during our stay. and Mr. J provided the best service taxi service we could have wanted. He showed up at places without our request.

On the down side, there could be a moore consistent morning routine. Coffee/Tee/Fruit being available in the morning or throughout the day should be a staple. I should add here that just prior to our visit there were heavy rains whch caused some delays in goods getting to the market, sitll, things like Tea, Coffee, Hot water, Cups, Spoons should always be available to guest. Though the linen and particularly the towels were clean daily, they could be softer for the body., Nothing a fabric softener would not take care of.

Relax in the Hammock or on a lawnchair almost at the water's edge, while still on the property and you would be swept away. While relaxing, you would enjoy the gentle waves which lulls you in between vendors bringing their wares for you to sample and purchase. However, the vendors are respectful and if it gets too much, a staff member would appear, seemingly out of nowhere, to move the vendors along.

Nightlife is another plus. Strategically located across from the club "Jungle" and down the street from "Alfred;s" and "Roots", you will enjoy all the clubbing, live reggae music and DJ music you would want.. If you prefer to stay on site, you can still enjoy the music, however, when you are in your cottage, the music is muted and not intrusive.

Stoll up and down the beach and you just might end up in 'town for some local shopping or banking, or a short taxi drive would take you to the Westend and Rick's Cafe for more entertainment.

With a few adjustments, the Whistling Bird could be pretty close to paradise without the cost. You must experience it for yourself.

Enjoy!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Luv2trvl150
Kinnelon, New Jersey
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We have been priviledged to be able to stay at Whistling Bird 3 times; we even brought our friend from Germany; a trip she will never forget (and she brought others), and we have sent you other families, and couples...
your place has always been special
..a neverland, if you will
and your staff is unbelievable:
we cannot imagine a staff better than yours.
really
and we have been to other places in Negril, before we came upon (before the hurricane long ago, and after) your truly gorgeous and special place.....
great for families, and just adults, also...you feel as though your are a "family member"..and if you want privacy? It is there...you want attention in a respectful and flexible way? It is there
"Irie" (we just learned what this really means after hearing Jimmy Cliff speak on television a few days ago).
Take care,
Robert and Louise
NJ, USA
we will surely spread the word....!

Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed July 29, 2010

we have been going to whistling bird resort since it first opened, we have stayed there at least ten times, and we would not trade it for any place on the beach,,,,,this last review was from someone who must want her butt wiped for her......the staff the rooms the food, u can't beat it....the beach is fantastic, walk either direction and u find nothing but great people and great food, and then there's the sunset...wow......i'm sorry for this woman and her family, if she had a problem then she should have talked to the lead staff person......jim or lilly would have fixed it for them......we love it our daughters loved it......

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family