“Pure Garden Great SPOT!!!”
Review of Pure Garden Resort

Pure Garden Resort
Ranked #47 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Went down to Negril on a spur of the moment 3 night getaway. Booked room on the Website Sunday night for a Monday arrival. From the minute I got to the hotel I felt very comfortable. The staff and the security were GREAT. Check-in took all of five minutes and no issues. Off to the Room, room was a little out dated but very clean and would suit me just fine. Close to everything you need. I was in Room 6, the shower had more than enough hot water and plenty of water pressure. The Pool area was clean and very inviting to chill out at. The grounds were well kept and maintained. I liked the fact that they had security 24/7 at the front gate, Richard & Kenroy do a great job of keeping any riff raff out. Would defiantly return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank jiml1974

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Due to a Nor Easter I was late arriving and my room was rented. Instead of leaving me on the street they put me up in their best room until another opened up and upgraded me to a kitchenette at NO EXTRA COST !!! MAXIMUM RESPECT MON !!! Great staff, Security, Facility, Price, Etc... They are walking distance from ANYTHING you need and right across the street from the beach which gets you away from the music and comotion if you want to relax. Pure Garden, Negril IS a true Jamaican experience... YA MON!!! There is no more guessing where to stay; I'll be back guys... (TIM)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank tim p
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed here for 2nights very nice hotel friendly staff good service the only down fall was we was with my 2 younger girls and the bar did not have any soft drinks for the kids only Pepsi and also the food was not nice the chips was burnt and the chicken didn't taste nice also the swimming pool is very deep if u have kids that can not swim apart from that the stay was very nice

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Natalie D
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed here for 9 nights and it was amazing. While the room is pretty spartan and basic, it was a safe place to keep our stuff and spend the nights in. After all, you're on vacation and you shouldn't be spending too much time in the room. The beds were a little uncomfortable which is my only real complaint with the room. The hotel grounds are beautiful and covered with native flora. The restaurant here was great too, although we only ate once for breakfast (the ackee and salt fish is amazing). Rodney was the chef and he makes great food.

There are locals outside the hotel (as well as on the beach and pretty much all over Negril) who will introduce themselves and act friendly, give you a "gift" like a bracelet or something and then demand money pretty much as soon as you leave the hotel grounds but like I said this is all over Jamaica and if you say "no thanks" and walk away they usually leave you alone. Fortunately, security here is great and keeps anyone bothering you from entering the hotel grounds. On my first night here the security guard saw we were being hustled by a group of locals outside the gate and intervened for us.

Housekeeping is great here too. Our room was always sparkling clean when we returned for the day and they'll even do your laundry for you for $10 US if you leave it on the bed when you leave for the day. Only complaint here is towels are kind of limited (2 per day) so it helps to bring a few from home.

Overall, if you're looking for the real Jamaica and not some sheltered, insulated all-inclusive resort this is a great option. There are tons of local dining establishments nearby in walking distance or a short cab ride way. Russell drove us around and charged reasonable rates to go to the cliffs or elsewhere, so if you need a reliable driver go with Russell.

We would definitely stay here again on our next trip to Jamaica!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank B M
Reviewed January 6, 2014

If you want an authentic jamaican experience this is the place for you. The ac is cold the shower is warm and the rooms are clean. The cleaning lady's would come by every day and ask if we wanted the room cleaned and when they did clean they did it thoroughly. The whole hotel is surrounded by beautiful plants and crabs in the ground. The restaurant was a little expensive but the food was good and came out quick. The hotel is secure at night and I felt very safe. I highly recommend this place for those who don't want to spend a lot of money on a fancy hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I loved staying at Pure very clean, staff was WONDERFUL, resort very clean, pool area clean relaxing and very enjoyable. I have to say I was relaxed and felt like I was at home. I travel to Jamaica frequently and I can not wait to be back. at Pure. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Jamerican01
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed here 31st August- 6th September. I found the staff all friendly, helpful, professional and down to earth. Any requests were met to the best of their ability.
The room had a/c (essential) a great hot/cold shower and a kitchenette. My only criticism was the lack of cutlery and crockery in the kitchen- sorry.
The housekeeping was regular and efficient and I would recommend this resort to friends.
Many thanks to the Pure Garden Resort Manager, Kerry-Ann, Dannicka, Mark and all the others ;-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family