“You get what you pay for FOR REAL!!!!!!”
Review of Pure Garden Resort

Pure Garden Resort
Ranked #44 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed June 21, 2008

The Bungalo Hotel was ok it was not the best but hey you get what you pay for! Upon our arrival on June 13,2008 i looked and thought it was ok because we booked it on such short notice. everywhere else we went was too much! So one of the staffs showed me two rooms one had NO T.V and the other one did...so what room do you think I wanted??.....Anywho we stayed there it was ok but we saw crabs outside on the window crawling, and bugs everywhere...if you stay there i recommend you bring bug spray!!!!!! I have 22 Mesquito bites and they're all still itching me and I am no longer in Negril!! They had NO Hot water, but I looked at it like this it was HOT during our stay so hey why not take a COLD one to cool off....the A/C was terrible it ble wout warm air...just like a FAN.......I dont recommend this hotel for elders from 60+, no rsmall children.....if you are low on money, and other hotels are booked up then yes stay but the hotel was ok......The staff looked layed back, the housekeeper act like she couldnt speak ENGLISH!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank thekingswife18

Reviewed February 22, 2008

I stayed at Bungaloo for ATI weekend 07 and it was my worst experience ... first of all this hotel or excuse for a hotel is in need of management the staff is extremely rude from the top down to house keeping. I must say regardless of the price factor there are certain fundamentals that a hotel must have and the primary one is hospitality ...this was lacking from the get go !! the bed linen was dirty, bathroom dingy and moth infested , mal -functioning A/C etc ... I'd advice ppl to spend a little more money at another hotel where u can atleast have a comfortable night's rest as well peace of mind even if it is ATI ... Bungaloo a definate NO NO!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2008

I travel to Jamaica once or twice a year since 1987 and always stay at Bungalo, it is my favorite home away from home. The staff is the best ever, I have been to many many islands and always go back to Jamaica. It is my favorite. Love it can not say anyting bad at all.

Stayed: April 2004
3  Thank raggaBoston
Reviewed January 8, 2008

The pool & bar are nice. The rooms are just ok. They could use some new sheets! The TV was ok when it decided to work. The AC was good & the location was really good. Right across the street from the beach & everything else. Bug spray is a MUST no matter where you stay. It can get a little loud with the bar next door on thursday nights it sounds like the worst of american idol its so bad its funny. My biggest problem was the people next door they were loud and had some issue & when I tried to move my room they kept telling me they would try. Well they didn't try hard enough!!! They're really nice but not all that helpful with the tours. It was hard to do anything or go anywhere because the guys would not leave me alone EVER!!! They can be a real pain unless you got a guy with you all the time or ya just really ugly. I went alone & its pretty safe but of course use common sense.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
3  Thank SuperStarTreker
Reviewed September 29, 2007

A friend and I stayed at this hotel for a few weeks over the 2006 Christmas holiday season.The staff were courteous, friendly. and did their best to make you feel at home. The room was clean decent for the money. The property didn't have an operable restaurant but the jerk chicken was cooking right out in front of the hotel. The poolside bar opened up when the room occupancy increased. The pool was nice and clean. It was a safe place to stay.
Its within walking distance to many of Negril's nightlife and music shows. There is also a money exchange place right across the street which was very convenient. Shopping is nearby as well as many restaurants.
I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with friends
2  Thank ktlani
Reviewed May 30, 2006

I have been staying here for 2 weeks every year since 1988. This place is the only crime free property on that Island!! The owner, his wife and sons trreat you like family!

• Stayed: January 2006
3  Thank david S
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 6, 2004

I stayed at Bungalo and honestly felt right at home. It wasn't excessible lavish filled with uncessary junk, but complimented by great service, friendly staff, and clean atmosphere. I definitely enjoyed the food!!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member