WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #39 of 84 Hotels in Negril
nc
“Clean, Friendly, Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed here for the first time in June 2013. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, with A/C and Hot running water. I have stayed at some of the more expensive inclusive hotels, and found this one to be the most affordable and convienient. The acoustic sounds of nature put you to sleep, and wake you up early at sunrise.

Room Tip: Give respect and you get respect!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Garrett W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

My first stay in negril and at Pure was so nice. Everyone was very nice. Locals do stay in this hotel, but I came to Jamaice to meet people and have fun and me and my friend did exactly that. Vincent the owner, was very nice and so was all the staff. It was safe and in the best location. Everything was in walking distance. Bourbon beach was across the street and we loved going there daily. The floors can be a little cleaner, but our sheets and towels were changed daily. The ac worked great, room was huge and the fridge and microwave were new.. I can't wait to go back. This hotel is great for group of friends or families or singles.

Room Tip: stay on 2nd level.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank guyanesechic
Paradise Nova Scotia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Everybody here is great, and makes you feel at home. I plan to return to this hotel many times due friendliness, security and value. It is close to the beach and entertainment centers. Great for families or singles.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ross M
Moose Jaw, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

we wanted to party at Bourbon Beach for my birthday May 25th this year, but they had no rooms...the lady that works there told us to go across the street to Pure Garden and we were delighted to stay here, the rooms were huge, and comfortable and clean...the shower was hot and lovely, the air conditioning worked great and even had free WiFi. the gardens were pretty and wish I would have had more time there to go for a dip in the pool as it looked really nice too. the price was great and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank emdKelly
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Call ahead to ask if its possible to have Russell be your driver to and from the resort. He was very kind, offering to stop whenever along the way there, be it for a bite to eat, to take pictures or just a breath of fresh air ;) Upon arrival both the ladies behind the counter, and all staff throughout my stay at Pure Garden were very easy going and very helpful. Be it playing scrabble or Frisbee with me, picking mangos my first day, charging my cell endlessly, offering to wash a load of laundry, taking time to explain words to a Jamaican song I liked, suggesting places on the island to explore or eat at.. they were there with a smile to listen or to help - including a security guard every night at the gate. I only stayed in my room long enough to sleep n shower.. I was happy there was no alarm clocks or phones in the rooms (if I wanted to know the time I could of just turned on the television, and while I had my cell, a portable was available to use within the front lobby with the use of your own calling card). I was happy arriving to towel swans with fresh flowers over both beds, as its what I saw in the pictures online. Good things take time and I don't let little things don't get in the way especially on vacation! If I needed more then the 6 drawers and the 4 hangers I know staff would have found more for me. I didn't even turn on the television at all but was told there was a variety of channels to pick from. Being as they hadn't owned it for even a year as of my stay Mar 22nd thru April 3rd - I'm excited to return to my new home away from home next year. Thank you Pure Garden resort staff it was the best ever birthday vacation!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jocelyn w
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

We checked into the Pure on Sat May 11, 2013.
I had been here once before with a most pleasant stay & I now noticed many of the upgrades & renovations that had been taking place since then.
Paint was crisp with bright blue & green tones contrasting so beautifully with the immaculately kept mature gardens all around the whole facility.
The rooms were clean & it was obvious to see that they were also recently refurnished.
The beds were not the 2 foot thick pillow top posture-pedic model I have at home in Canada, but they were a newer model & clean & worked like a charm.
The air conditioning unit looked a bit older but worked perfectly & wasn't too noisy either.
I hav stayed in a few places in Negril & also in different parts of the island ...& with that said, I like to stay across from the beach for a little more peace & privacy.
I found that the Pure is great for that bcuz it's right near the middle of the great 7 mile beach with a perfect little walkway joining the room we were in, with the Caribbean blue water we love to swim in.
Also, the kitchen serves up the tastiest plantain & tomato sandwich ever...along with nice fresh greens or standard rice & peas cooked in coconut milk...
& of course, jerk chicken with all the sweet spices!
The pool is also right by the kitchen in a back private area where u can also dine anytime...
The pool was clean & fine, but we didn't use it much bcuz we simply prefer to swim in the ocean of perfect colour & temperature we don't have up in Canada where we see Orcas & Salmon in the cold green water that I can barely take a dip in !
I like the Pure Gardens Resort & find the people plenty warm & sincere & helpful enough to come back here time & time again !

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank JPPBay
St.Michael
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I travel to jamaica every year and i am not picky as i spend most of the time out and not in the room but i had to move out of this accommodation after 1 night.

My friend and i had booked the airport transfer and the taxi deiver picked us up from Montego Bay everything went wonderful. On arrival we made our payment abd the lady from the reception showed us our room.

There were no light on the patio you couldn't see anything.
The room was quite big however we had no plugs to charge our phones or use the hair dryer we had to plug out the fridge in order to use our equipment. The dishes from previous guests were still on the sink the 2 pots we had were ridiculous they were old and had no handles nobody in this world would cook in them.
The bathroom was pretty clean but there was nothing to put your utensils. We had no hangers for our clothes but we could have but them in a few drawers that were available. The air condition were pretty old and therefore quite noisy.
The door was faulty as well once you close it somebody from outside had to push it in in order for you to get out or you would have to go thru the back door. The pool was the dirtiest pool i have ever seen in my life.
And we also had lots of crawling insects in our room.

After the first night we decided to move out. To my surprise the lady said we should have said something and she could have moved us into another room.

My question was why did you pit us in such a room in the first place?

I would never recommend anybody to stay there negril has lots of budget accommodations even in better locations it is definitely not worth the money.
We were very disappointed from what we saw on the internet

• Stayed May 2013