The Gardenia Resort
$139
$58
  • Pool
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $102/night.

$109
$53
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$60
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$133
$122
  • Breakfast included
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$135
$49
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$55
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
$64
TripAdvisor
$270
$162
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $193/night.

$182
$160
$240
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My second stay at Gardenia resort was the best yet. Richard and his staff take great pride in making sure your stay is acceptable for you. The rooms located in the rear of property are the best choice well suited for the most relaxing and quiet. Some rooms are condos and others are standard rooms that are excellent for my needs. The best location on the beach is just across the road. Any thing you need in this area is very close by with a great Mimi Mart for any groceries you need. If you need to arrange site seeing trips they can be arranged with Richard and his staff. I stayed for two weeks in January of 2014. I highly recommend this hotel. Carl Mon.

Room Tip: Up stairs for the enjoyment of bird watching and a cool breeze.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
7  Thank carl quale
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I spent the last 3 nights in Jamaica here after being on the road for 5 days. I was really pleased with this site and would definitely go back. The staff was very responsive and sweet. Plenty of clean towels but we asked them not to change the bedding every day to save water etc. We enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. Two choices of "Continental" or "Jamaican". If you have a good appetite go with the Jamaican. The Continental was eggs and toast, juice and coffee. I loved the location. Walk across the road and a short distance to the beach. Suited me perfectly as I didn't need to be right on the beach. Plenty of restaurants and other things further down the road that you can walk to. Our room was very clean and the AC was quiet and working. Nice new bathroom, spacious a good shower. I thought we were going to stay one night and ended up there for three because it was so easy and restful. I would go back alone as a single person. I felt completely safe and in fact there is a night watchman who patrols the property. My room was P104. Yes, little things like bedside lamps or another electrical outlet would help but as an experienced traveler I didn't fine these things to be a huge issue. We had a cold refrigerator and flat-screen TV. A small tiled veranda made it very pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hmmates
Richard-Manager, Manager at The Gardenia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Glad that you enjoy yourself at Gardenia and both Manager and staff was grateful that you took the time to spend your vacation with us and hope to see you again. All that was mention that was needed to improve the room is being consider and maybe in place by the time you come back at Gardenia.

Thanks,
Richard Miller.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I'd like to think I am a very reasonable person. I am by no means picky. I frequent Jamaica often, 2-4 times a year and have stayed in accommodations from 4&5 stars to rooms with no TV or internet and in the middle of nowhere. I will say if it weren't for the tolerant and patient staff I would have lost it at this place. I reserved a kitchenette months in advance for a six night stay during New Year's Eve. We arrived there were no kitchenettes available. OK no problem. We were put in a room that had wifi, a 19 inch TV (it was literally the size of a computer monitor ... not complaining yet) and two full sized beds when we paid for Queen size, no mirror and at times no water pressure, the water trickled out of the shower head, still no problem. The room was clean though the decor was lacking. I felt like I was in a prison cell. I informed Richard, the manager, that we were not satisfied with our room. He apologized and said he would have us moved when a kitchenette became available. TWO DAYS LATER!!! We were moved into a kitchenette. We inspected the room everything seemed to be good. We went pool side and had the breakfast buffet which was limited but ok if you like Jamaican fair...which I do. If you want bacon and eggs, toast, pancakes and that sort of thing you won't be happy. They had it but it was cold and once it ran out that was it. There wasn't even enough clean cups for me to have a cup of tea and then the sugar and milk ran out on more than one occasion. The last day of out trip we were told by one of the staff that chef had quit.) After eating breakfast we went out for the day and moved into the room that evening. The "F-ing " air conditioner was not working, there was no wifi no cell phone reception, no hot water, no pots or dishes in the kitchenette the mini fridge was the only thing working. I was beside myself. Oh and the rooms do not have telephones so I had to walk to the front desk in the middle of the night to complain and there was NO ONE THERE. The only person on the grounds was the security guard at the front gate. So I yelled at him..sorry security guy but I was pissed. He was nice, he tried to help by seeing if he could adjust the hot air coming out of the air conditioner. I was yelling so loud that someone next door who seemed to be a long term tenant said he had control of the hot water for that section of the hotel and would turn it back on. Huh.. why is one person controlling the water for five rooms. Anyway...I got a hold of Richard and told him we want to go back to the other room (which was the lesser of two evils) It was occupied, so we were put in a better room by the staff who seem to be fustrated by Richard's lack of organization, and management leadership. The last room was better however I was concerned by the fact that it was facing the parking lot and the front doors were glass payned french doors with curtains on them, the kind of doors you would have inside of a home, not as an entry way. Those doors could have easily been manipulated and opened. The day we check out Richard had the nerve to charge us for the kitchenette. I told him he had to adjust the bill because we only stayed in the kitchenette for one out of the six nights. There were so many unhappy guests there that I felt sorry for the staff who were receiving complaint after complaint and did the best they could. I even tipped those that went out of their way, above and beyond to accommodate us. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL to someone looking for amenities. If you just want somewhere to lay your head and don't mind having your passport and valuables with you at all times then this is an OK spot to be.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
15  Thank Kyra H
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Nice pool!! Helpful staff, safe! The manager is amazing and most accommodating. Beds are amazingly comfy, rooms clean. Sister arrangement with Sea Wind is great - super staff and restaurant also. Will return soon!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank MN-Ric
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stayed here Feb 20-24. The room were so outdated. There was no running hot water. I think i got hot water on my last day of stay there. The food was not good. They only had a selection of a Jamaican breakfast and that's it. I would suggest leaving the hotel to get some variety. The only good thing i can say about this hotel is that the wifi was really great. Also when I booked the hotel I had put a deposit down and then when i came to the hotel they charged me for the hotel room rate plus my deposit again. They didn't ask me if i wanted to pay in cash or anything. When i asked the receptionist for my refund she looked confused and said that she had to talk to the manager Richard. Everyday i asked about my refund that was charged twice to my card and she kept giving me the runaround saying Richard is not here he will do it. Finally after 3 days Richard finally gave me my money back. This was a huge inconvenience and they didn't even apologize about it. I wouldn't stay here due to the poor customer service and outdated rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Tierra0622

Let me start by apologizing for your experience and we are putting in every effort to fix the problems so that the next time your here it can be a better stay.

Thanks,