All reviews bath towels hear the waves lounge chairs ocean view air conditioning beach towels sunset security property wedding
Reviewed July 31, 2015

My family and I stayed at this hotel just for a night just to explore Negril, When we stayed there I would say that there is not much to do locally or on the hotel grounds to do with children. Across the street there is a Bar and they sell great Pan Chicken, but that's it. Loved the pool at night especially, It lights up blue and the bar is very close to the pool deck. Staff was very polite and very helpful. The one thing I didn't like was there were cats lurking around almost everywhere you turn. I'm not a cat lover mainly because I am highly allergic to them, but also they always want to rub on you. I can't even touch them without getting a rash. So that set me off, but that's just me. Rooms were clean but on our comforter there was a big black patch and to me it looked like oil, but the manager said someone burned it with an iron. I think they should have just replace it but they didn't. The. View was gorgeous. But not sandy or safe to take a dive with the kids, hints the name "sunset on the cliffs". Breakfast was good. The menu had great options. It is also very quiet and relaxing.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2015

This was my second visit to Sunset on the Cliffs Resort, since the first visit the name changed and the rooms have been remodeled. I love staying here, I stayed 4 nights. The staff is friendly, the place is safe, rooms are large and clean, the pool is great and the cliff are still the cliffs. Sunsets are wonderful. Rates are reasonable.

This is a boutique hotel that has its own charm, but not everyone will appreciate it. Travelers looking for something high end or picky travelers don't bother to stay here, you won't like it.

Room tip: rooms with a cliff view are the best, end upstairs rooms have high ceilings
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2015

Initially I book this hotel for march 29th to 30th, the place was so nice quiet and peaceful. I had to extend my stay one more night, the view was awesome, my bf and I spend an entire day in the pool, we had dinner at the restaurant. The service was good and the workers were polite and willing to help. I WOULD DEFINITELY RETURN SOMEDAY IT WAS A NICE AND RELAXING STAY.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nique J
Reviewed June 8, 2015

Stayed here many times in the past couple of years and I enjoy it every time! I use to be a beach girl but loving the cliff side of Negril and the location here is perfect. It's in walking distance to many fruit stands, shops, restaurants, bars and a nice walk to Rick's Cafe.

I typically get a kitchenette and this works great for me. The pool and grounds are well-maintained. PERFECT sunsets from the comfort of your room and balcony! Buy your own booze and sit back and enjoy! The restaurant/bar is great - food and drinks are good. Staff is friendly and welcoming.

Lots of lounging chairs and huts for sunbathing on the cliff area. It's pretty quiet and no one hustling or bothering you at any time.

The rooms are clean and anything you need is available for you. Safes are included in the room, air/conditioning as well. Staff are very accomodating. Don't expect the Ritz, but what you can expect is a nice, safe and enjoyable stay!

My only issue (small one) is the internet is hit or miss and this last trip didn't work great however, I am not on vacation to be online. But this wouldn't affect my stay here, I hope to be back again soon!

Room tip: I like the oceanfront/balcony with a kitchenette but all rooms at this hotel are great here. I think they all may be oceanfront anyway!
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sand902
Reviewed May 6, 2015

I travel to Negril quite often and usually stay at Rockhouse. I have done 3 reviews of that place so when they were sold out for a nite, I looked for the nearest room and came across Sunset on the Cliffs... I was delighted with the location, the room was very spacious, although it could use some updating and a little paint. the Pool area was really nice and the gem was the cliff/lounging area! What a treat!!! The bar was upstairs by the pool and the lady was very nice... I didn't eat but had a sampling of some friends that were eating and the coconut curry chicken was delightful! I also sampled the other friend's meal but I can't remember what it was, I only remember that I liked it as well. My only criticism was the lack of decent music. I didn't really hear any cool jamaican music that I hear at other hotels and bars. When prompted the people told me that ownership liked to keep the music top 40 american style or Bob Marley. That may work for some people, not for me. I made due with a great couple drinks and service that was great from the lady at the front to the groundskeeper to the bartenders. Another bonus, I left my phone charger and adapter plugged into the wall. When I called my driver, he had already retrieved it after hotel management found it in my room! That alone is enough for me to recommend this property to visitors that are on a budget or maybe don't want to stay on the beach!

Room tip: choose a room that is cliffside!
Date of stay: April 2015