“Little Paradise”

Ranked #62 of 85 Hotels in Negril
sao paulo, brazil
“Little Paradise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2009

My family and I just returned from 10 wonderful days at Sunset on the Cliffs. What can I say? From the minute the limo picked us up at the airport ( myself and 5 family members ) we knew we made the right choice. The drive and driver was great. Once we arrived at the hotel, we just fell in love with the staff and the hotel. Check-in was easy, once we arrived in our rooms, the view alone took our breath away. The rooms were clean and cozy, nice space, nice decor, everything in the rooms we needed. The bar and restaurant are located on the pool deck with an amazing view of the sea ( and dolphins !!!) Food was good, service was great. Randy, Stacy and the rest of the staff were there to see to our every need. Since we were all-inclusive, we were able to visit the sister hotel, Sunset on the Beach when ever we liked. This hotel is right on the beach and again the staff from the owner June to the manager Mr. Henry could not have been nicer and every thursday night they have a beach party with live music and a fire dancer, we all had a great time that night. I can only say if you are looking for a great vacation for a reasonable price, either Sunset is the place to be.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank brazilianinlove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
JAMAICA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2009

I was totally disappointed when we got to this resort. I was told it was an all inclusive hotel over the phone and all inclusive suggests to me buffet style or that there would be a variety of displays (meals) to choose from. To my disappointment, only one person (a guy) was working that day. He was serving as both bartender and waiter so you can just imagine the wait we (3 adults and a child) had to endure. The food was lousy and if you wanted something special for lunch, you had better order it from breakfast then it would be right on time (hopefully) for lunch. They didn't even have dessert....can u imagine going to a hotel with no desserts? That's just [-] When I asked the manager about all this, ofcourse she raised her smudged eyleliner eyes and gave me attitude. Not to mention the receptionist, she was a lunatic. I asked to borrow the iron seeing they did not provide that in the room and that crazy girl told me the hotel does not provide that facility and that I would have to go and buy one. Man, this did put the icing on the cake for me.....this was just a lousy hotel! I remember asking for more bath towels too....yeah you guessed right, they were out. There's so many other things I could mention but its just too many.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank JamaicaFlex

Travelers are raving about these Negril hotels

Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2009

When planning this trip we had a diverse group to please. Some in our group had never been to Jamaica while others had more than 20 trips to account for. Accommodations needed to fit everyones budget and needs. One thing I wanted was everyone to have a sea view and they did. There aren't too many places in the cliffs that offer that. So that is how I came about choosing SOTC.

June and her staff were wonderful in everything from picking out the perfect driver for my husband's parents to accommodating my group's coffee addiction with coffee makers.

Rooms were clean and recently painted, ac ( worked but didn't use), new bedding and huge closets. Bathrooms were okay but not bad. Lots of space to put your things. Loved the balconies. 2nd floor balconies offer amazing views to just chill, read or to watch the sunset. First floor is where the kitchenettes are located and they are pretty nice. There is a 4 burner gas stove, nice size frig, utensils, coffee maker (upon request) and a toaster.

My favorite part was the pool/bar/ restaurant area. It is a great place to just hang out. My husband and I love the sea but this trip was different, we were pool people. Super clean, nice furniture and a great staff . What makes this area so appealing is that the pool,restaurant and bar are on a 2nd floor. So you are up high with a bird's eye view of the grounds and the sea. We saw dolphins too:)

We had a small wedding there and it turned out beautiful and carefree. There was so much food. The cupcakes I wanted, the resort made and they were so nice. I'll post pictures to help with the visuals. June was so flexible about the menu. My menu consisted of lobster, snapper and jerk pork as the main courses. If I wasn't so nervous I would have eaten more. LOL The food was excellent.

SOTC is local friendly, another reason I chose it. I have been going to Jamaica for a long time and have made some special friendships and I wanted my friends to be treated well. It was a nice vibe.

We were a diverse group with many wants and needs. SOTC did a great job at accommodating all of us. Everyone would return to Jamaica and SOTC.

• Liked — Pool/Bar/Restaurant area and the staff
  • Disliked — Nothing I can think of
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank skyjuiceGirl
ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2009

We arrived at sunset on the cliffs January 1 for 26 nights.We ware very surprised that they asked for full payment upon checking in and later came to realize that that’s the only reason that we stayed for the duration of our vacation on this hotel was because we paid in full .
We agreed by email for a rate for the room and when we arrived the rate was different(more money) .
Got our keys ,the room was outdated but clean and had a great view but didn’t have hot water for 10 days the AC didn’t work for 5 days every day we had problems with the remote for the TV and when they fixed the hot water come to realize that we had no cold water on the vanity sink. Our room had a kitchen but without utensils or dishes
The management and front desk was by far the worst we ever seen, if you relate a problem to them will take them days to respond
Security was a joke . We travel to Negril often and know most of the locals that live on the west end but at this hotel anybody can walk in at any time of the day or night.
When they have weddings on the property they tell the hotel guest that after a certain time cant use the facilities
The only good thing is the staff O’Neil ,Randy etc ware very nice and professional
Sips and Bites(Rona)beside Rock House is the best local restaurant on the west end and Ta Bar (Eddy) across the street has the best jerk.
The breakfast is a big event they always run out of butter and jam this is a woman (June)that had a restaurant before going into the hotel business ,wrong move . This hotel needs a big reno for it to be operational.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank serip
Rhode Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2009

My husband and I called the hotel to let them know we were traveling from Ocho Rios by car and would be arriving late. The receptionist reassured us that there would be someone to check us in at anytime. We arrived at 1 am to find noone on site. No security or reception. We spent 45 minutes calling the hotel and walking the property and found noone. We traveled to Sunset on the Beach to also find no receptionist or security. Exhausted, we decided to check into Rooms on the Beach for the night. The next morning, we checked into Sunset on the Cliffs and let the receptionist know we were upset and wanted to speak with the manager. We checked into the room and found no champagne or fruit that was promised to when we booked the hotel. (great start to our honeymoon) That evening, a woman knocked on our door asking for someone we don't know (unprofessional). Then she asked if we are the people who tried to checkin late last night. She identified herself as June the owner. She apologized and offered us our money back for one night stay. We told her we also wanted dinner as a compensation. She gladly agreed and kept apologizing, especially because it was our honeymoon. We had dinner. I had lobster, my husband had shrimp. We did not order any alcoholic beverages. June stayed at the bar while we ate. When we tried to get our money back, the receptionist states June wanted to pay us $115 instead of $130. We showed our receipt for the room which was $130 per night. The next day the receptionist called our room to tell us June wants to pay us what we paid at Rooms on the Beach instead of what was agreed upon. We told the receptionist we would like to speak with June. We also called Onestop vacations and informed them of our dilema. June never came to talk with us. We seen her on different occasions on the property but she avoided us (unprofessional). Onestop called June and told her to speak with us and pay us our due money. We went to reception and collected our $130. We let them know we found June's odd behavior unprofessional. The following morning when we checked out we were informed that June left the Island. Overall the hotel was nice and clean with friendly staff. The food was good and the view exceptional. However, the way the owner handles her business make customers uncomfortable. If you pay ahead, watch out because you will be of no value to June.

• Liked — breakfast, view and wait staff
  • Disliked — manager and owner's professionalism
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
7 Thank RhodeIslandKatie
West Coast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2008

This place is good for travelers on a budget who want a great view and a kitchen.
Hotel is not good for those who require much assistance from staff or expect upscale accomodations.
Property and rooms are kept clean, although a bit outdated.
Only biggest problem was getting clean towels. Cleaning staff would not leave us extras and laundry arrived late in the day.
Located on the west end overlooking the ocean, there is a kitchenette in some of the rooms, and that was our primary reason for staying here.
There was a place to suntan and get in the water. The pool bar was nice and had a shaded area.

• Stayed December 2007
Westminster, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2008

What can I say!!!! If you want to experience the most beautiful sunsets on earth, excellent hospitality, a wonderful, personable staff and delicious food, you must come here.

Last year I stayed in a much larger resort in Negril with over 400 rooms, but can honestly say it did not compare to the experience I had at Sunset on the Cliffs. This resort is small, less than 30 rooms, which truly made it seem like we (my family and I - 9 people) had the resort all to ourselves.

The owner made sure daily that we had everything we needed and made it a point to spend time with myself and my family just to chat - how unique!!! It is obvious the owner (June) spends a great deal of time coaching her staff to provide the very best service possible. Each staff member seemed to become part our family by the end of the week.

Now for the food -I was amazed that - no, there was no buffet, as there was daily at the large resort and we ordered all 3 meals off a wonderful menu that had a great variety. Of course I tried many different dishes and every dish I had was absolutely delicious!!! The presentation was beautiful for all dishes and everything was so fresh - you must try the lobster, fish, chicken, cahllaloo - okay all of it!!!!!! Honestly, I looked forward to each meal as it was so good. It is obvious June knows her stuff with the food!! Hail to the chefs!!!

Our room was very large with a cathedral ceiling and had a breath taking view of the water over the cliffs - something I miss terribly every day and long to see again. Alessia took care of cleaning our room (my husband and I) and did a spectacular job. We had fresh flowers on the dresser every day and fresh sheets and towels. We had a tv in our room, but guess what - we never watched it as there was so much to do and we couldn't wait to get up to the Dolphin bar to drink, dance and have fun with family and the staff. Never had I gone a week without knowing what was going on in the world.

Each time I have vacationed in the Carribbean (probably 5-6 times), I stayed on the beach. I must say that I preferred to stay on the cliffs as it has this calming, soothing affect on you. I just can't explain it. You just have to experieince it. Each night I could not wait to sit by the cliffs to watch the sunset. There are no words to describe it.

I could go on and on, but to close, you need to experience Sunset on the Cliffs, to have the ultimate vacation ever. When we left the resort, my family and I actually cried along with June as we were so sad to leave. We all expressed that this vacation had brought us so much closer together. We also made several new friends in the staff. I can't wait to return to Jamaica and you can bet it will be at Sunset on the Cliffs. June what a wonderful vacation you provided. Continue the great job you are doing and we will return as sson as we can. We can't thank you enough for a very special experience. You are to be commended for running a top notch hotel with a top notch staff.

• Liked — The hospitality provided and the view!!
  • Disliked — nothing!!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family