“Very quiet an relaxing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Coral Seas Garden
Ranked #56 of 84 Hotels in Negril
“Very quiet an relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The room to the back you can hear the neighbours there lol, but the room was clean and comfy,would stay there again. I love the property it was well kept and the staffs were very frienly. I really did have a good time. I couldn't believe I get such good wifi signal either, oh boy was that great, yea man. It was very irie

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank kemmy23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Negril
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My friend and I had a reservation from 7. February until 6. of Mars .We payed for one week ahead and the rest when we checked inn . ( total 2200,00 US , each person ) After 3 days two of the employed "securitas" , started to threat my friend . We had a meeting with the manager and the owner June . They fired theese two persons . But after that it became worse . The friends of "the fired securitas " , really started with treats . It was very dangerous for us . So we had to leave Hotel Sunset on the Beach and Negril . But June did not want to give us any refound !
Even she knew the cruel situasjon . We stayed only for one week , but payed for four . We run away to Ochi Rios and Hotel Rooms . And we had to pay for 3 weeks . (very expensive vacation , because of June ) . But Hotel Rooms was nice and safe . The three last years I been to Jamaica /Negril , and it was all ok . But after this swindle and threats I will never go back to Hotel Sunset on The Beach / Negril .. I tryed to contact June again , but she do not dare to ansver . This case is not over . Many people in Jamaica and Norway is working on it .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Irene H

Travelers are raving about these Negril hotels

High River, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We just spent 10 days in Negril, Jamaica. Seven of those days spent at Sunset on the Beach. We had a great time and Henry, Millicent and the other staff are amazing. There was some problem upon arrival and we did not have a room (a "situation" because of the storm in Toronto). Not what you want to hear after 17 hours of travel. Henry, the manager, was so kind and found us a room at Coral Seas for 3 nights (another great little spot), drove us there, made sure we were taken care of and kept in touch with us. When we did get our room at Sunset on the Beach we had the pleasure of meeting June, the owner.

The resort does not offer much in the way of organized entertainment but there is a ping pong table and Wednesday night is Karaoke night and with the beach and all the local sights to see we didn't find this to be much of a problem. There is no pool but we were able to go to the sister resort "Sunset on the Cliffs" and enjoy the pool there along with the other amenities.

The rooms are clean with a charming rustic feel. It would have been nice to have at least a queen size bed instead of 2 double beds (that are firm) but not something that couldn't be worked around.

If you're looking for a quaint resort with clean rooms and an excellent atmosphere I definitely recommend this resort. The food was good, the staff wonderful, the beach great and the location can't be beat. If you're expecting a resort feel similar to "Couples" or "Breezes" this is not the resort for you. If you like a little adventure, are comfortable with more of an "old school" resort feel where people acknowledge you and recognize you, this is the place to be.

Definitely will be going back:)

Room Tip: Rooms are air conditioned but also have windows that open. Only 2 rooms with beach view but grounds...
1 Thank Unicorn2012
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I use to always stay here because it was so close to downtown. I went here on vday for their vday dinner and had a great time. This property has really stepped their game up, and I would reccommend!! They seem to have great theme parties if that is what your looking for!

Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Well, what can I say, a great deal, nice staff, everything in the room was working and comfortable, lots of rest and relaxation, stayed at over 15 hotels in Negril, and have to say for the price , it would be hard to beat, ask for a room in the back of the property like others have said

4 Thank duffus
Winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

5 of us stayed at Sunset on the Beach from February 6th to February 14.

We were shown to two rooms downstairs which were cleaned daily and were nice and spacious! The beds are firm, which helped me sleep like a baby! Some say the bottom rooms are noisy, but we didn't encounter that at all.

Each morning, we had breakfast, which was excellent, in the restaurant then went to lay on the beach chairs that Ricardo had already set out for us. EXCELLENT SERVICE. The staff would always say hello when passing as well. Compared to other hotels along the beach, Sunset had the biggest beach by far, with plenty of areas to get away from the sun.

If you wanted to go on an excursion, you simply have to ask. Ricardo, a security guard, always hooked us up with the best deals! He was absolutely fabulous! There was plenty to do during our stay, and were never bored. The ladies in the spa were great and really friendly! The stayed open extra late to braid my friends hair. Sunset is a 5 minute walk away from the town.

I greatly recommend this hotel!! Friend of ours have been staying here for the past 5 years and won't go anywhere else!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cassidy C
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Janine and the gang really took care of us AGAIN this trip. This year I took a total of 13 ladies to Jamaica for our annual DIVA Trip to JA!. All the ladies loved the accomadations. The hotel really looks good. They got in a new pool table while we were there. It is beautiful. We had our annual party at the bar. I can never say enough good things about this hotel. If you want a nice, clean and relaxing place to chill, you have found your paradise. I will be posting pictures that we took while there. Again, this is my home away from home. Thanks everyone for everything. We will be back soon. I miss the good sleep I got on that bed. The beds to me are so comfortable. I got some sound sleep. Not sure about my sister, she was my roomie and I know I snore. LOL

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. If you dont want to hear all the folks at the pool, then get a front room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends