“Pushcart is just average”

Pushcart Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #9 of 198 Restaurants in Negril
Cuisines: Jamaican
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have eaten many places in Negril. This was my first time at pushcart and based on other reviews I am surprised. The other reviewers must not get around much cause this is not close to the best Negril has to offer. I assume Rockhouse side will be better but Pushcart is really average. I have had better jerk at US knockoff Caribbean places. Drinks are ok but again just average. My recommendation get out to other Negril locations as pushcart is average and over priced living off the Rockhouse name.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have lots of great things to say about Rockhouse's main restaurant, but not so much about the Pushcart. This is a little offshoot of the main hotel/restaurant and it's got a nice view, and even very nice staff. The drink i ordered rates 4 stars, but the food only 2. That's why I gave them a 3 overall. The jerk chicken skewers were small, grisly, and fatty. The "jerk sauce" was nothing like traditional jerk from jamaica. It tasted like it was from a jar. I won't be eating again at the pushcart.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This used to be called 'Pirate's Cave' I think, and back then it was fun with good food. When it changed to Pushcart we decided to give it a try and it was disappointing. It was a beautiful setting and they had a great band playing, but the food was not good at all. I think I had the roasted fish and my friend had a lobster dish and we would NOT recommend either...

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Pushcart is a cute little cliffside, open-air restaurant, with all the Jamaican favorites. Peppa- pot soup, jerk pork, curry conk...the food was fantastic, but the service really stood out. Try the cocktails, too.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is part of the rockhouse but more affordable. We liked it just as much. There was a band playing and we had a great table overlooking the sea. Food is great and do get a drunkin coconut!