“great Jamaican food”

Pushcart Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #9 of 199 Restaurants in Negril
Cuisines: Jamaican
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Wife and I went to Pushcart for dinner, had a nice meal, picked us up at Coco's and brought us back, would recommend this place for good authentic oxtail and curried goat.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have dined here twice now and will not be returning. On our most recent visit we waited an extremely long time for our food (even by Jamaican standards). When it finally came it was just mediocre and pricy for small portions.
The mento band was good however so I may pop in for a drink sometime

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We just stopped by here for a quick drink and something light to eat. Try the jerk sausage . That was excellent . I had the Pepperpot soup. It was good, , it's the first time that I have ever had it so I can't compare it to another .

Reviewed December 7, 2012

The food is consistently good and love that you can get a martini and pinot grigio wine. The band was good too!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We're a bit mixed about dining at Pushcart. I had a vegetarian dish, the Bushman stew. It was wonderful. A nice mix of legumes & vegetables in a spicy sauce on a bed of rice. It was nicely presented and the taste was delicious. My husband had a jerk platter with shrimp, chicken & pork with festival. It was nicely presented but the food was cold and dry - definitely overcooked and had been sitting around for a while. Not enjoyable.
We were there around 7 and the entertainment started. It was interesting. The group of three did a Jamaican version of folk music. It was something different than what we had experienced in other restaurants & bars in Negril. Once we realized what they were all about we relaxed and enjoyed the experience.