“great value in the west end”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Oasis Resort

The Oasis Resort
Ranked #65 of 85 Hotels in Negril
windsor ontario
“great value in the west end”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2011

Just returned from a last minute flight deal trip to Negril, as most of the places I have stayed were booked I came across the Oasis looking for a reasonable priced stay. I was pleasantly surprised at this property nice comfortable room with AC, cable tv and warm shower. The pool is one of the cleanest I have seen in Negril. There is well maintained gardens as well a tennis court. I only ate there one time and it was good and reasonable priced. I asked some of the other guests how the food was and they said it was good. As for the location its down a lane off the main rd which made for nice quiet nights for sleeping, unlike some other westend properties, with road noise, dogs barking and roosters.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank poolguywindsor

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2007

Because of a slight snafu, I ended up spending my first night in Jamaica at Thrills, and what was an minor inconvienience ended up being a wonderful experience. We got there pretty late at night, almost 10:30pm, and the cook had already cleaned the kitchen and was ready to go home, but when he heard us asking if there was anyplace at all we could go to get something to eat as we were starved, he asked us what we wanted and said for us he would open the kitchen back up and cook it up special, which he did, which was very nice, and the food was incredibly delicicious! The cook was a young man named Omar, and the food was so good that one of my daughters Torie joked about taking him home with her, lol! He ended up coming over to the hotel we ended up spending the rest of our vacation at, Seastar, also a very nice place, teaching the girls how to play dominoes and shot some pool with them too.

While the food was cooking, we went swimming in the pool, which is one of those very large old fashioned rectacular pools with a deep end, and it was very refreshing. Then after we ate, I hung out down swimming and chatting for a while, and had a few red stripes, before heading to bed.

The room was basic but clean, and did have towels and washcloths that were in decent condition. Although most rooms came with a fridge, this one didn't have one, but since we had thought we might be there a few nights, we asked if they could get us one..that same night, not a mini, but a full sized regular fridge was moved upstairs into our room! I only feel bad we never actually got the chance to use it.

The beds were hard, but most beds in that area are, from what I understand, they get them pretty firm so they will last longer. The water pressure was great and there was enough hot water for three girls to take a shower before bed, and then we were out like a light. The next morning I awoke earlier than my girls, and decided to head for a swim and go exploring. I had my first breakfast in Jamaica, ackee and saltfish and bammy and boiled plaintains, and it was awesome.

When I got back from exploring and swimming, I found out that we weren't spending any longer there because our original room at Seastar was ready, and we wouldn't be spending two or three nights there as we had thought, but just that one..good thing I hadn't unpacked anything really, lol! So I got the girls up (it WAS almost noon!) and we brought our suitcases down to the lobby area, where we waited until they came to get us,and in the meantime I had a really nice convo with this lady whose name I can't for the life of me remember but I am pretty sure she was the boss.

Anyway, for those who want a place of the beaten track, with clean and basic amenities, including a full sized fridge, tv, ac, and a porch/balcony (with rails over it, only thing I didn't like, gave me a caged in feeling, but maybe others will like it if they want that feeling of security.), fantastic food, and wonderful personable people, then I would highly recommend Thrills..the price is VERY good for a nice place like this too!

My only regret is that since I unpacked I didn't get to take any pictures, but the few ones that are there of the pool and the dining area, etc, are not deceiving, they really are that nice. When I come back to Jamaica, will have to stop by and say hi and have another great meal.

8 Thank Negrilah0lic
Las Vegas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2006

I read the reviews on this site before staying at this hotel... and thought it would be great. We didnt have face towels for the first 3 days out the 6 we stayed. The cable tv would have been nice if we could actually see the program thru the lines on the screen. The toilet was absolutely gross, it was stained brown! We stayed in #3, beware! It was spring break, and that was their reason for giving us an appalling room!

• Stayed March 2006
4 Thank RumGAL5

Travelers are raving about these Negril hotels

CINCINNATI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2006

Thrills is an excellant value for your monley. We paid $65 for a double and $55 for a single. Furnishings were simple but sheets, bedspreads and towels were new. Has shuttered windows with screens and a patio that is enclosed with rod iron for security. There is also a 24hr security guard so always felt safe. The personnel couldn't do enough for you. Breakfast is included and cooked just for you each morning. We had a car but the hotel does have a shuttle. We drove to the beach at Margaretiville. The beach was lovely and free. Would defintiely go back. The grounds were well maintained as was the pool. There a four units in each building. We were in units #17 & 18. Would definetly go back.

Stayed February 2006
3 Thank KRKRUSLING
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2005

I stayed at Thrills Resort in June of 2005 and loved it. The rooms are really nice and have wood louvered windows with screens, nice large patios that are secure, full size refrigerators, TV, air conditioning, two double beds with firm, comfortable matresses, a nice pool with red deck for that authentic Caribbean look! The managers live on site which is nice. There are not a lot of people at the Thrills Resort so you can have the entire place to yourself. They always have a gardener out tending to the yard. You may want to book by calling the hotel direct, or by simply paying when you arrive. I can't imagine the place being booked because the Cliffs hotels get a lot less business than say, Negril beach. The online booking agency that you will finds on the Thrills Resort website will not pay Thrills Resort in a timely fashion and they are no longer honoring bookings that went through this agency online. This hotel is across the street from the cliffs so it would be much safer if you are travelling with children. Many resorts right on the cliffs do not allow children, and Negril Beach is sometimes too wild for young children. So this hotel, across the street from the cliffs, is great for a family with children. I really think it has a lot of potential to be a great hotel! It was very safe and nice. I don't know why it doesn't get much business, but I have a feeling it is the location. It's a little out of the way. If you are driving, it has a nice, secure parking lot.

• Stayed June 2005
4 Thank Turtlelee
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2005

For the people who wish to be treated like royalty, without the cost. Beautiful setting... hammocks, Poolside bar, the RESTAURAUNT....what an amazing list of food the had to offer. Conch Steak with tartar Sauce was my favourite. Dennis, (thats the chef) made about 40 of those dishes for me! lol I am going back for sure, and this time im bringing my friends with me! Quiet setting...no one disturbs you...i loved waking up looking at the flowers and the humming birds on my balcony. Definate place to stay at. DEFINATE. I give it 8.5 stars out of 10.

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member