“DO NOT STAY HERE”
Review of The Oasis Resort

The Oasis Resort
Ranked #65 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My friend and I decided to stay in The Oasis Resort after seeing great reviews, and reading they provided a security guard at night.

Well, Wednesday, March 19, my friend and I went out at night to Bourbon beach at 10:30 p.m. and came back to our hotel room around 1:30 a.m. Upon arrival to our room, we noticed $140 was stolen from both my friend's and my suitcase (Total of $280). When we complained to the security guard, he said he didn't see anyone go into our room. There was no sign of forced entry, either. So the person who stole our money had a key to our room. We called the police, and spoke to the manager in the morning. The manager would not refund our money for the hotel room.

Also, the water pressure for the shower and sink was very poor. There were ants eating a dead lizard that was stuck in our door.

I'm sure you can find other places to stay. However, if you decide to stay at The Oasis, make sure you keep your money with you at all times.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
13  Thank Chel M
Oasisnegril, Manager at The Oasis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2014

We are truly sorry that your experience with us was not a pleasant one and apologize for any issue this might have caused on the rest of your vacation

There are newer reviews for The Oasis Resort

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Cheerfull staff when they were in place (the chef, waitress & melissa). The hotel is very disorganized, deserted, neglacted and the cleaning is very poor despite our complaints (Spider webs in all the walls and ants everywhere) The pool was not cleaned for many days.

WiFi does not work (staff blaming that on the phone company).

On the other hand the hotel had a free bus service down to Seven Miles beach once a day witch wasThe only positive thing about this hotel during our stay in March 2014.

Jerwayne Taxi Service was the name of the cab service with tel Nr: 0018763663111 .
We found him reliable, polite and very honest.

Have no great expectations of this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank weloveit96

Thank you for your review. It is truly appreciated. All the issues you have faced on your stay here I would like to take the time out and apologize. We are working diligently on fixing all those issues stated.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Upon hearing my usual hotel was having some financial issues, I had to find another hotel. I travel alone so security is #1 for me. Oasis is located up a small lane within easy walking distance to the main West End Rd. Nothing else on the lane and no reason for any one to be on the lane but guests. The security gate is closed at night and there is a security guard as well.

The hotel is a hidden gem. Small and cosy, nicely kept gardens and very clean pool. The staff is a treasure. Everyone called me by name and by the time I left after 3 glorious weeks, they felt like family. Theresia in the office took care of all my needs, Arlette & Sacha at the bar were always good company. Dennis the chef not only is very talented, he is a real sweetheart. His french toast is to die for and he made a fabulous curried goat dinner, with chunks of meat and only 3 small bones in the whole serving. Having been going to Jamaica for 40 years, I have had a lot of it and I always have a pile of sharp bones when finished. When Dennis is off, Kevin comes in and he knows his way around the kitchen very well too!

The room was really very nice. Maid service every day and they do a great job. I had AC, which I only used once, the ceiling fan was all I needed. Cable TV, wifi, bathtub with shower, all the hot water you could want and mini fridge. WIth shuttle service to the beach or into town as well. Often though, I would just jump into a route Taxi, a dollar got me into town or anywhere on the West End. Another dollar for anywhere on the 7 mile beach. At night with the exception of one night when a hotel near by had a show, the place is quiet at night, only crickets and a few dogs in the distance barking. In the morning all you hear is birds chirping in the garden. Believe me, other places can be very noisy at night in Negril.

One morning there was no water, something had broken, it was fixed within a few hours and if a guest wanted a shower right away, they arranged for another nearby hotel to accommodate them, drove them there and waited to return them back to the hotel. I don't know if one here in the good old USA would have done that

My mom had a health problem back home near the end of my stay and the staff unfailingly asked for her every day. They even called the security guard on is off time to go to digicel and add minutes to my phone so I could call home more frequently.

I cried when I left and already have plans to hold my birthday party there next year. If you are looking for an authentic Jamaican holiday, this Jamaican owned and operated hotel should be your home base. I promise you, you'll be glad you booked it!

Room Tip: A second floor room gives you a better view of the property.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Gavelgirl
Oasisnegril, Manager at The Oasis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

We would like to thank you for your review. We look forward to having you stay with us again and hope that it will be even more special the second time around

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Our time at the Oasis Resort was lovely indeed. Throughout our stay we felt safe and treasured. The grounds were gorgeous with beautiful flora and fauna. The rooms were basic but comfortable. Cable television was a bonus and air conditioning was an option but my ceiling fan was sufficient for me. Be prepared for no phone nor alarm clock in the room The shuttle service was convenient and the driver was very accommodating. The front desk staff/management was very helpful throughout and housekeeping was solid. The food was phenomenal. Authentic, consistently delicious and the chef was great about accommodating special requests. With the exception of one dinner, we ate all of our meals there for the week were were on the island. Heavenly! I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: If you google Jamaica airport transfers, you can find Jamaica Tours which offers reliable transport...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank ConstantRoadster

We truly appreciate your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that your next trip here with be just as appreciated as your first. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was on the road and decided to stay here one night. Hotel looks okay from outside with all the bright colors but the rooms are really old and outdated. My AC wasn't working late in the night. The staff there made us move all our things out to a different room. That took forever being that they usually only have 3 staff members on property at a time!! They didn't even give us a discount for this situation. It was inconvenient to move our items late at night. The staff is pretty nice but once inside the hotel, it looks very cheap!! I stayed one night and it was enough!! There also isn't anything to do by the resort. It's hidden in a road. You must drive or get a taxi to take you where you would like to go. Nothing nearby! Definitely do not bring children. If I was bored they would definitely hate it! Just okay for a stop while on the road. The hotel needs to dedicate some money into the property!!

Room Tip: Make sure to look at your balcony view from your room. Some rooms just looks across other rooms. Not...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TravelChick718
Oasisnegril, Manager at The Oasis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2017

Thank you for your review, we apologize that your stay with us wasn't a good one, we appreciate your feedback and have since tried to correct all the issues that we can that you have put forward. Once again thank you

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Our 4 th trip to negril and our first to the Oasis resort. We know some people who stayed there last year and we had difficulty finding anything else in our price range so we booked it for the last 18 days of our 22 night vacation. We walked up with our bags at around 12 noon, the person at the desk said there were no rooms ready for us so we dropped our bags in the office and returned later in the day. They had a room at 3 pm and we were shown to the extreme far end of the property facing a chain link fence with the road beside our room and a small shack with a loudly running water pump inside. It was 2 small beds , fridge,small tv, ac and a balcony aprox. 300 sq. feet. Nothing fancy,small, but clean. There are no blankets on the bed only a sheet. After we unpacked and walked around we soon realized the place was empty, 1 out of every 4 rooms perhaps was occupied. The pool was so/ so very dirty near the bottom 3 feet around the edge, the steps into the pool were slimey and i nearly fell the first time in. The first 10 days the pool was almost exclusively for locals, ( not sure where they came from perhaps staff children?). The last week more guests arrived and we / they claimed the pool it really doesnt matter but it is not as relaxing to me if there are kids in the water as it is to be there with other adults. Except for the maid, staff at this resort are not very engaging. One time I asked for a towel and the attendant at the bar ( who was not busy 0 guests) winced and rolled her eyes. She wandered off not saying a word after a minute or two I went to see if she was coming back yet but she did not have a key for the towels so i said forget it.The bar and restaurant are dead, no specials, no happy hour, half the stuff on the menu may or may not be there... basically no atmosphere we ate out every single night after realizing that the choices are so poor here. The police were on site one morning after a break in which was mentioned by another reviewer. Our room had holes in the sceen the size of golf balls several of them, so the bugs were bad at night.No plans to return here, live and learn I suppose, this could be a nice resort if they put some effort into their jobs and treat the new guests as they would some of their regulars, our friends room had a king bed way better furniture, and no holes in the screens.

Room Tip: Ask to see what is available, they likely keep the good rooms for friends or associates. Even though...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Yamonpoker
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I love love love this resort! Words can't express the fun I had during my stay at the Oasis! The best people you could ever meet, the staff, you know who you are, amazing! My room, oh lawd! It can't get any better then this! I will remember my stay at The Oasis, it was a pleasure and I can't wait to come and visit again.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your review we truly appreciate it. We are truly happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again.