“Truly An Oasis” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 87 Hotels in Negril
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Truly An Oasis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Our time at the Oasis Resort was lovely indeed. Throughout our stay we felt safe and treasured. The grounds were gorgeous with beautiful flora and fauna. The rooms were basic but comfortable. Cable television was a bonus and air conditioning was an option but my ceiling fan was sufficient for me. Be prepared for no phone nor alarm clock in the room The shuttle service was convenient and the driver was very accommodating. The front desk staff/management was very helpful throughout and housekeeping was solid. The food was phenomenal. Authentic, consistently delicious and the chef was great about accommodating special requests. With the exception of one dinner, we ate all of our meals there for the week were were on the island. Heavenly! I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: If you google Jamaica airport transfers, you can find Jamaica Tours which offers reliable transport...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank ConstantRoadster
Oasisnegril, Manager at The Oasis Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
We truly appreciate your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that your next trip here with be just as appreciated as your first. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was on the road and decided to stay here one night. Hotel looks okay from outside with all the bright colors but the rooms are really old and outdated. My AC wasn't working late in the night. The staff there made us move all our things out to a different room. That took forever being that they usually only have 3 staff members on property at a time!! They didn't even give us a discount for this situation. It was inconvenient to move our items late at night. The staff is pretty nice but once inside the hotel, it looks very cheap!! I stayed one night and it was enough!! There also isn't anything to do by the resort. It's hidden in a road. You must drive or get a taxi to take you where you would like to go. Nothing nearby! Definitely do not bring children. If I was bored they would definitely hate it! Just okay for a stop while on the road. The hotel needs to dedicate some money into the property!!

Room Tip: Make sure to look at your balcony view from your room. Some rooms just looks across other rooms. Not...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravelChick718

Travelers are raving about these Negril hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Our 4 th trip to negril and our first to the Oasis resort. We know some people who stayed there last year and we had difficulty finding anything else in our price range so we booked it for the last 18 days of our 22 night vacation. We walked up with our bags at around 12 noon, the person at the desk said there were no rooms ready for us so we dropped our bags in the office and returned later in the day. They had a room at 3 pm and we were shown to the extreme far end of the property facing a chain link fence with the road beside our room and a small shack with a loudly running water pump inside. It was 2 small beds , fridge,small tv, ac and a balcony aprox. 300 sq. feet. Nothing fancy,small, but clean. There are no blankets on the bed only a sheet. After we unpacked and walked around we soon realized the place was empty, 1 out of every 4 rooms perhaps was occupied. The pool was so/ so very dirty near the bottom 3 feet around the edge, the steps into the pool were slimey and i nearly fell the first time in. The first 10 days the pool was almost exclusively for locals, ( not sure where they came from perhaps staff children?). The last week more guests arrived and we / they claimed the pool it really doesnt matter but it is not as relaxing to me if there are kids in the water as it is to be there with other adults. Except for the maid, staff at this resort are not very engaging. One time I asked for a towel and the attendant at the bar ( who was not busy 0 guests) winced and rolled her eyes. She wandered off not saying a word after a minute or two I went to see if she was coming back yet but she did not have a key for the towels so i said forget it.The bar and restaurant are dead, no specials, no happy hour, half the stuff on the menu may or may not be there... basically no atmosphere we ate out every single night after realizing that the choices are so poor here. The police were on site one morning after a break in which was mentioned by another reviewer. Our room had holes in the sceen the size of golf balls several of them, so the bugs were bad at night.No plans to return here, live and learn I suppose, this could be a nice resort if they put some effort into their jobs and treat the new guests as they would some of their regulars, our friends room had a king bed way better furniture, and no holes in the screens.

Room Tip: Ask to see what is available, they likely keep the good rooms for friends or associates. Even though...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Yamonpoker
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I love love love this resort! Words can't express the fun I had during my stay at the Oasis! The best people you could ever meet, the staff, you know who you are, amazing! My room, oh lawd! It can't get any better then this! I will remember my stay at The Oasis, it was a pleasure and I can't wait to come and visit again.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review we truly appreciate it. We are truly happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had to get away for 1 week, and I wasn't sure where to go. I had a short window of opportunity, and I asked the Trav. agent to find me somewhere with Sunny weather, warm water, and relaxed.
She emailed me two options for $1000 + for the week inclusive . Ocho Rios, or Negril.....the Oasis.I chose the latter. I had heard of Negril many times thruout my life, but had no idea it was in Jamaica. I had no idea that I would find "Paradise within a Paradise"
The location was at the end of Negril, far enough past the commercialised strip, and yet, close to some beautiful beach restarants,Diving spots, and most of all....the heart of Negril, and as far as this traveller is concerned, the Heart and Soul of Jamaica!
The hotel itself was very Clean, well appointed, but most of all, well run. The Staff more resembled "Family" than employees, and I was able to hook in with all of them !
From the front office , Theresia, Melissa , and their crew, the restaurant +Bar mngr. Sascha
whose infectious and beautiful smile and personality resonates with everything Jamaican, the Cooks , Christopher + Denny Whipped up breakfast + Dinner Epicurean delights that shocked my Palate, and the environment + Pool were exquisite but simple. The grounds man Alex Henry was helpful beyond words, (one day, after work, him and his girlfriend took me for a five mile hike to the Lighthouse)
I hated to leave, but I know, I'll be returning to see my "Family soon"
Interestingly enough, when I first got to the hotel, the first words I uttered were..........I'm Home.
Little did I know!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your review we truly appreciate it. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The staff here are the best, really sweet people. The hotel though is like a cheap motel on the wrong side of town! Dirty, run down, the beds are painted 2x4s hammered together and a slab of dirty foam!! Sunwing should try spending a night there!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank donm975
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just wanted to add, i visited last February, and just this past February I went to Jamaica again, but as I was on the Island, I said I need to go back and visit the Oasis.. great people, and we really loved our time down there. We only stayed 2 nights in Negril, but upon arrival, everyone remembered us, and there were 2 couples that were there the previous year who were back. Truly this is a place that people go back to more and more, LOVE LOVE LOCE the Oasis! Great friends, great seeing everyone. Even though the management is new now, they were still helpful and fully functional.. Jackie the cleaning lady.. can't extend my respect towards you!! Even though we missed Lucianio, and Bunny's visit, by about a Day.. we were still impressed with our stay.. See you all soon, and don't work to hard.. JESS

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple