“Friendly staff, Great service”
Review of The Oasis Resort

The Oasis Resort
Ranked #62 of 85 Hotels in Negril
“Friendly staff, Great service”
Reviewed May 30, 2011

We were two couples in Negril for a six nite stay. We decided to stay 2 nites on the cliffs, then move to the beach for 4 nites. For the cliffs we chose The Oasis Resort and it couldn't have been a better choice. The place is a bit off the westend road and is very peaceful, the perfect place to just relax. We did the all-inclusive plan and were not disappointed in any way. The staff were all wonderful and friendly, the food was very good and served in a timely manner, and the drinks cold and plentiful. We had plenty of Mango daiquiries with the mangos coming right from the trees on the property. We really had no probelms to report with this property and would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank justchuckfl

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I was in Negril for a friend's wedding, and stayed a the Oasis because it was cheaper than the resort where the wedding was taking place. The Oasis has very basic rooms, I describe it as a clean place to lay your head. Bathroom had ants, but not a big deal. If you plan to spend a lot of time at your resort, this may not be the best option for you. Althought it's very inexpensive and fine, I can see it being boring for long periods of time. The views on the cliff side and beach side of Negril are gorgeous, and you miss out on that when you're tucked away at the Oasis. We didn't spend a lot of time at the resort so It was perfect for us, we spent a lot of time at our friend's resort on the cliffs. The staff at the Oasis was super nice and accomodating. The shuttle driver is flexible and will take you pretty much wherever you want. Refrigerator in room was a nice perk.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank coconutbeach24
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 13, 2011

The rooms and accommodations were much like what we expected based on the pictures from the website. But we were not prepared for such amazingly landscaped grounds. It was like waking up in a garden every day. Also the food at the resort restaurant was beyond awesome. Everything was fresh and well seasoned. Were traveled with children, so the refrigerator in the room was a life saver to store snacks, leftovers and such. The shuttle service to the beach was another expected surprise and the staff and service was among the best that I have received during my travels.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JaiStone
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night in Feb. We stayed here cause it was cheap and it allowed for us to stay at other places as well. To my surprise this hotel not only quaint...it was quiet and really had some Caribean Culture. The food was pretty good and the staff were all very friendly....The room was clean....it was basic....but I liked it.

Walk up the street to the main road and....Try Erica's Cafe. They were really nice...the food was really cheap and the vibe was as good as it gets....You have to try this place....They're wonderful! If you're looking for the Jamaican experience....This is it.

I've been to Jamaica 10 times, all over the island from Kingston to Negril, Ocho Rios etc. and if you don't want the All Inclusive Resort thing.....Then this is a great spot.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank illicit78
windsor ontario
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Just returned from a last minute flight deal trip to Negril, as most of the places I have stayed were booked I came across the Oasis looking for a reasonable priced stay. I was pleasantly surprised at this property nice comfortable room with AC, cable tv and warm shower. The pool is one of the cleanest I have seen in Negril. There is well maintained gardens as well a tennis court. I only ate there one time and it was good and reasonable priced. I asked some of the other guests how the food was and they said it was good. As for the location its down a lane off the main rd which made for nice quiet nights for sleeping, unlike some other westend properties, with road noise, dogs barking and roosters.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank poolguywindsor
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 19, 2007

Because of a slight snafu, I ended up spending my first night in Jamaica at Thrills, and what was an minor inconvienience ended up being a wonderful experience. We got there pretty late at night, almost 10:30pm, and the cook had already cleaned the kitchen and was ready to go home, but when he heard us asking if there was anyplace at all we could go to get something to eat as we were starved, he asked us what we wanted and said for us he would open the kitchen back up and cook it up special, which he did, which was very nice, and the food was incredibly delicicious! The cook was a young man named Omar, and the food was so good that one of my daughters Torie joked about taking him home with her, lol! He ended up coming over to the hotel we ended up spending the rest of our vacation at, Seastar, also a very nice place, teaching the girls how to play dominoes and shot some pool with them too.

While the food was cooking, we went swimming in the pool, which is one of those very large old fashioned rectacular pools with a deep end, and it was very refreshing. Then after we ate, I hung out down swimming and chatting for a while, and had a few red stripes, before heading to bed.

The room was basic but clean, and did have towels and washcloths that were in decent condition. Although most rooms came with a fridge, this one didn't have one, but since we had thought we might be there a few nights, we asked if they could get us one..that same night, not a mini, but a full sized regular fridge was moved upstairs into our room! I only feel bad we never actually got the chance to use it.

The beds were hard, but most beds in that area are, from what I understand, they get them pretty firm so they will last longer. The water pressure was great and there was enough hot water for three girls to take a shower before bed, and then we were out like a light. The next morning I awoke earlier than my girls, and decided to head for a swim and go exploring. I had my first breakfast in Jamaica, ackee and saltfish and bammy and boiled plaintains, and it was awesome.

When I got back from exploring and swimming, I found out that we weren't spending any longer there because our original room at Seastar was ready, and we wouldn't be spending two or three nights there as we had thought, but just that one..good thing I hadn't unpacked anything really, lol! So I got the girls up (it WAS almost noon!) and we brought our suitcases down to the lobby area, where we waited until they came to get us,and in the meantime I had a really nice convo with this lady whose name I can't for the life of me remember but I am pretty sure she was the boss.

Anyway, for those who want a place of the beaten track, with clean and basic amenities, including a full sized fridge, tv, ac, and a porch/balcony (with rails over it, only thing I didn't like, gave me a caged in feeling, but maybe others will like it if they want that feeling of security.), fantastic food, and wonderful personable people, then I would highly recommend Thrills..the price is VERY good for a nice place like this too!

My only regret is that since I unpacked I didn't get to take any pictures, but the few ones that are there of the pool and the dining area, etc, are not deceiving, they really are that nice. When I come back to Jamaica, will have to stop by and say hi and have another great meal.

8 Thank Negrilah0lic
Las Vegas
Reviewed March 18, 2006

I read the reviews on this site before staying at this hotel... and thought it would be great. We didnt have face towels for the first 3 days out the 6 we stayed. The cable tv would have been nice if we could actually see the program thru the lines on the screen. The toilet was absolutely gross, it was stained brown! We stayed in #3, beware! It was spring break, and that was their reason for giving us an appalling room!

• Stayed March 2006
4 Thank RumGAL5

Travelers are raving about these Negril hotels