TripAdvisor
Negril
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews the cliff west end the penthouse owner charlie rooms are clean and comfortable laid back every morning luxury hotel huge balcony relaxing stay ice machine flat screen tv real jamaica caribbean sea come home ocean view the entire staff
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2019 via mobile

It is a sunny and warm day in Minnesota and I can't help but think about my winter visit to Home Sweet Home.  We have gone to Negril almost every year since we went for our honeymoon in 1976. Over the years we found our favorites and although our first few visits were on the cliff side we eventually thought we were beach people. After staying at Home Sweet Home, I know we are both beach and cliff people and from now on will do some of each. Home Sweet Home is such a treasure. This is not a fancy hotel but a splendid taste of natural Jamaica.  There are beautiful cliffs to walk down to clear glistening water to take a dip and do some snorkeling, The rooms are clean with beautiful views with a relaxed friendly vibe. Standing on the cliffs looking at the sea the beauty of nature surrounds you in a way you don't get when on the beach. There is no hustle on the cliffs just Tina and staff to be sure your needs are met.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarciaKolb54
HSHNS, Guest Relations Manager at Home Sweet Home Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2019

Thank you so much for your review. We're happy you enjoyed the cliffs!

Reviewed June 24, 2019

This place needs to be shut down for business! Jesus Himself can't save this place. Everything is old and mildew. We were afraid to stay there and left after being eaten by nets and flees.I felt like I was in a Trap House or something!!! We left and was only schedule there for one night but there is no way, my feet never touched the ground. The bathroom was so bad that I held my pee for hours!!! NEVER EVER AGAIN! The photos online for this hell hole are lies.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your group was disappointed with the room you booked for the night. You decided not to stay and we wish you would've. We recently added over 100 new photos and videos to our website, showing every room and the grounds. We continue to improve the rooms and grounds.

Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights. The check-in was amazing. Tina was great. Yhe next mornin we waited about an hour for breakfast food. All we ordered was scrambled eggs and potatoes with toast. Wasnt all that exciting. Ok. Well then dinner came and we ordered some chicken but unfortunately they only had fish. Well needless to say we had to leave to grab dinner. Not a very well prepared facility. Not sure I would recommend or stay again. The views were amazing. But sure you can get that anywhere in Negril.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
charlie r, Owner at Home Sweet Home Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear that your breakfast was late. Al the meals are prepared to order. I will say this again, we advise our guests to inform us by 4 pm each day so we can have dinner prepared. This is our slow season and we do not stock full inventory.

Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

Views were incredible but thats about it. But definitely no pampering - DIY all the way....No ice machine had to buy our own thank god for the fridge and grocery store. No bar or full restaurant breakfast, only and a possible dinner if you notify by 3. Like the other review i saw when the owners not there no one really cares about your stay. Loved jamaica and its people though and will return, but stay some where else for sure.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

I am so sorry that your stay was not an enoyable one. We do not have an ice machine on site but we do have a freezer with ice stock in it. This is the slow season for us and as such we make it clear that we do not stock everything. Everywhere has there busy and slow times and this is the main reason why we do Dinner on reservations only. We strive to provide freshly prepared meals at all times.

Reviewed May 9, 2019

Another visit to Home Sweet Home and another great experience. I’ve been to Jamaica 20+ times and HSH is my favorite.

Great location on the cliffs with amazing sunsets.

Relaxing atmosphere - I always feel very relaxed and safe. The resort feels like home.

Swimming - Love swimming, floating, and snorkeling in the sea. Nice pool too!

Snorkeling with Famous Vincent - I recommend scheduling a snorkeling trip with Famous Vincent. Look him up on TripAdvisor. He will pick you up by boat at HSH. I go every trip and I love it every time!

Very nice staff - If you need anything, just ask!

Date of stay: March 2019