“Home Sweet Home is Gem!”

Home Sweet Home Resort
Ranked #31 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I spent a week @HSH in October, 2013 and enjoyed 8 nights of gorgeous sunsets from the roof-top terrace and woke to the amazing view of the water each morning. Lounge on the cliffs, snorkel, swim, or read & relax; the staff are like friends. The new owners have made many improvements to a lovely location. The food is good & I ate at the resort all week. Clean rooms and the staff cater to whatever you wish. The 7-mile beach is a short drive away if you decide you want some sand in your toes. I highly recommend if you want to relax in an intimate setting with breaktaking views.

Room Tip: The top floor suite is quiet with a lovely oceanside view. A private balcony of which to sip coffee...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cindy K
jttaylor63, Owner at Home Sweet Home Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thanks for posting your review! :o) we had a great time while you were staying with us. It's so nice to hear about the improvements being noticed as we've spent much time renovating. Appreciate all your thoughts! :o)

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We've been all around other warm weather destinations and always are happy to return to Negril with the perfect balance of things to do and yet happy to do nothing but chill. I'm still amazed Home Sweet Home is so cheap. Don't tell the owners but I've looked and stayed all over the island, and they are a crazy good value. (I've paid double and been disappointed elsewhere)
Home Sweet Home has the perfect location for us, the beautiful 7 mile beach is a $7 cab ride and 5 minutes away (or 25 min walk)... yet you far enough away from the "crazies" that hang around the beach. And..HSH is in the "low cliffs" area... the cliffs get higher as you travel away from the beach. By the time you get to Rick's Cafe area the cliffs are super high and far from the water.(talk about vertigo)... Home Sweet Home is a few steps away from the water.
Great food right there. Every single room has a view. Security even if you come home late. Clean rooms (it's by the ocean so yes you might see a peel of paint on your deck as the salt air eats everything... but the maids are sweet and do great work)
Great restaurants nearby. This time we rented a scooter (just have your passenger repeat.. stay to the left, stay to the left) and that was nice.. no cabs.. quick runs around town.
Chris the driver is the best, a sweet guy. Sober, easy going and has some great places to take a day trip. (remember the driver gets in free where ever you go in Jamaica) Let him take you to the fruit market on your way back, travel with a jamaican and it's hassle free experience where ever you go. With Chris we: 1)fed the humming birds by hand,2) did the falls 3) did an aligator river cruise and saw the out of the way black sand beaches of "treasure beach" with a killer lunch stop along the way... then back to Home Sweet Home. Really nice to come home to a place that does not have 200 rooms. Perfect. Bliss.
One thing..... we miss the old owner Charlie. The new owners are nice but seem out of place .. swamped. Out of their element. Charlie had a real good vibe.
You'll have to spend double or triple to get the same view and quality elsewhere on the island. (Trust us... we did) Next year we will bring our kids (3 ...18-25 years old) as they have plenty of large rooms for the gang. Go snorkle in the clear water or just float in the pool. Have a glass bottom boat pick you up right there... enjoy the fresh food. (4-5 other restaurants within walking distance) Explore. You can't go wrong. Go next door to "the Spa" for diner one night then tell me it's worth triple (or more) the price, or check "rock house" room prices.... Home Sweet Home i can hardly wait to come back.

Room Tip: 4 rooms are "on the water" so they are the pick of the litter. If you've never been to...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Williestravels

Thank you for posting such a nice review! It's always great to hear about what an awesome time our guests have had. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I spent 3 nights at HSH for the first time this week. I did not know what to expect. I had a relaxing 5 nights for my vacation. I stayed on the beach for 2 nights. I am glad I decided to explore HSH. The staff will make you feel welcome as soon as you enter the gates. The property is well maintained. My room was clean. I ate exclusively on the property because I was too lazy to move from the property. The food is good. I have no regrets about not leaving the property. I call this my do nothing vacation.

Home Sweet Home see you next year.

RK

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank luvjamaica2

Thank you so much! It was so much fun having you stay with us. the do nothing vacation is the best. Happy you enjoyed the cliffs. Your smile lite up the place, it was so great to meet you!! All the best! :o)

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I spent 2 days on the cliff at the end of my trip, after spending 6 days on the beach side. I stayed in the Cliffside suite and fell in love. It was everything I was looking for. Breathtaking views, beautiful rooms, fabulous snorkeling and peaceful.
The staff was super nice. I ate at the restuarant almost exclusively and everthing was delicious especially the milkshake & chocolate cake!
I had food delived & security brought them right up to my room with no problems what so ever.
When I comeback to the cliff side, this will be where I stay.

Room Tip: The cliffside suites are a MUST!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kwanza J

Great to hear you had good experience, enjoyed the resort, the food and the staff. All things we hope to hear good things about. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your comments. :o)

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I just returned a week ago, after spending 10 sweet nights at HSH. I have never stayed at such a laid back place before. I loved it! I arrived much later than I had anticipated, as an unplanned trip to WHitehouse from the airport enroute to Negril took place. But when I arrived the Security was expecting me and immediately walked me to my room. No hassle No waiting. The A/C was on and the room was spectacular. I stayed in the Seaview Suite #14. Although it was dark, I knew I was going to love the place. Next Morning, when I woke and saw the view, omg, It was better than I thought it would be!
The room itself is very large! It was clean, the bed comfortable, there was also another bed in the upstairs Loft. But the best part was the HUGE Balcony with stunning views. The perfect spot to enjoy my morning coffee! I haven't stayed up on the cliffs in a number of years, I had forgotten how peaceful and tranquil it can be.
Not sure I could go back to the beach after experiencing the cliffs again!
Had a couple of meals here, On the first night, even though we were late arriving the chef put together a meal of steamed fish and dumplings for us that we enjoyed before heading out for the night. On another day had a lovely lunch, the chef made curried fish --even though it was not on the menu! Did I say that the staff was awesome?!
I enjoyed the pool, for the days the sea was too rough, and the private cliff decks were awesome for taking sun.
There was never a shortage of Hot water, which sometimes happens on the cliff, but I never experienced that. The only improvement I would suggest is more counter space in the Washroom, I bring a lot of products, and the tiny shelf barely accommodated! lol My ONLY complaint! LOL
Would I stay again or recommend Home Sweet Home? Definitely !!

Room Tip: The Seaview Suite # 14 is Lovely!! Lots of Room inside as well the HUGE Private Balcony was Awesome!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tamra D

We're so happy to hear you had such a nice stay. It was great having you on the property. totally understand the shelf space. ;o) The views are in fact amazing and you had one of the best ones. :o) Take care and all the best! Thank you again for all your thoughts and feedback.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have had the opportunity to travel to several places and stayed at B&B,s, hotels, all inclusives, etc. but after my stay at Home Sweet Home my personal standard has changed. You may not be a celebrity but will feel like one as you will appreciate the privacy and the attention paid to your every need. Tina, the amazing manager will be sure of that.

The cliffs for me surpassed the beach. A tranquil setting that is good for your soul. The water was lovely to swim in and snorkeling was amazing right off the cliff. I enjoyed doing yoga on the cliffs each day. (ask Richard to show you the Sleeping Swan, lol. ) During my stay the moon was full and I so enjoyed sitting on the cliffs at night admiring the beauty of the night sky. It was great watching Monty and Richard fish off the cliffs at night too.

The resort itself is so quaint and well groomed. (Omar does a great job.) Not too big and I never once felt unsafe. There is security working around the clock. My room was very clean, the beds so comfortable and the staff made it inviting each day with towel art and flowers. Special thanks to Samantia for the "video" lesson. The Taylors' are in the process of upgrading the rooms and although there was maintenance and renovations being done it did not affect the quality of my stay. Who knew renos could be so quiet. :)

Food was of top quality and the chefs are amazing. If something was not on the menu they were happy to accommodate. Thanks to all the chefs, especially Terri and "Smiles" Ricky. Your passion shows in your culinary skills. The servers and bar staff make you feel so comfortable. My friend and I often were content to sit at the bar to chat and play dominos with our new friends. We will be back for rematches Richard and Monty. Thanks for the amazing happy hour drinks where happy hour is all day. I hope you put my Loose Goose on the menu. Yanni can make them. :) Apple and Romaine thanks for playing great music for us.

Sadly my trip had to come to an end and the staff made the last night unforgettable. Thanks to all of you for planning such a nice party. Richard thanks for the karaoke. Patrick was hilarious. I had tears from laughing so much and a few from saying good bye.

Thank you John for dining with us and sharing some of your personal story. We missed you this time Kim but got to know you a bit through John. I can see the vision you and Kim have for Home Sweet Home and saw the pride in your eyes John for your staff. I wish you so much success in this endeavor. I think it was the perfect life change. I was already promoting HSH at a bar while waiting for my connecting flight home. Hopeful we can get some Maritime blues bands to come your way. I look so forward to coming again.

Overall this vacation destination for me was 5 star plus. It had everything I wanted, needed and more. The most relaxing vacation I have ever had. I went on a girls trip, so no kids or husbands made it that much more relaxing. :) I had a hard time adjusting to family life again when I came back. Culture shock. lol. If you don't want to be part of the "herd" like you can be at some all inclusives, I highly recommend Home Sweet Home. Enjoy the resort and get to know the staff. You will come home a richer person for the people you will meet.

Thank you everyone at Home Sweet Home.

Catherine, from New Brunswick.

Room Tip: Ocean view suites are larger and have kitchenette however all rooms have wonderful ocean view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Catherine M

Thank you so much for taking time to write such a nice review. So glad you enjoyed your stay, the staff, food, entertainment, etc. Next trip will surely prove to be as much fun! We strive to give our guests the best experience during their time with us. Very happy the group was able to enjoy so much and have a nice relaxing vacation! Thanks again! :o)

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed here for four nights and thoroughly enjoyed the cliffs. They are quite beautiful and it is wonderful to lay out on a beach chaise on one of the terraces on the way down to the water. The food was good, and the staff were very helpful. We were particularly fond of Monty who works the restaurant, and the young fellow at the entrance.

A bonus to the cliffs is that you are not pestered to buy things like you are on the beach.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rrcapecod

Thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We will surely pass your feedback on to the staff as well. Thank you again!