Home Sweet Home Resort
$161
$101
$55
  • Pool
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$141
$111
  • Breakfast included
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$89
$59
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$165
Bookit.com
$1,189
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsthe cliffwest endthe penthouseowner charliebed roomon site restaurantdogs barkinga short cab rideprivate decklaid backcrashing wavescoffee potevery morningpeace and quietrelaxing staybring earplugscable tv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband and our 2 children (16 and 12) just returned from HSH on Sunday. I have to say- this is by far the BEST trip we have ever taken. The staff was excellent, the location was beautiful and we had such a great time!

We had a rough start to our trip- storms delayed our travel and the driver at HSH waited at the airport for hours. No other hotel would have that. He picked us up at midnight and got us to the resort quickly. Once we were there we were greeted by a staff member who showed us to our room. We stayed in the Cliffedge Suite. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! Such a beautiful view and enough room for all 4 of us!

We loved the being able to cliff jump or just relax on the resort grounds.

We are already planning our next trip to HSH (without the kids this time!)

Thank you for such a wonderful trip!

Megan, Peter, Trent and Jocelyn!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cliffedge Suite- great for families.. Next time we will choose the Penthouse!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank megan k
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed at Home Sweet Home a couple weeks ago with my wife and son and had a pretty good stay. The grounds were nice, the staff were excellent, and the view from the rooms is beautiful.

When we arrived there was not a baby crib as previously promised. The next day they informed us they have one but don't like the shape it's in, so they went and got a brand new pack and play for my 18month old son to sleep in. Most hotels would just tell us that we're out of luck, so we thought this was excellent.

Pro's of stay:
- Beautiful view and nice quiet location.
- Rooms are cleaned very well on a daily basis
- Resort is quiet, and you're not hassled as often as on the beach
- Staff will help with anything
- Pool nice and clean

Drawbacks:
- There isn't much around this resort, so you have to take a cab to get to anywhere like the beach, shopping, and all but a couple of restaurants. UNless you flag a route taxi down cabs can be a little hard to find up there.
- The website said our room had a flat screen tv, and showed a photo of a modern (roughly) 32inch tv, but all we have was a very old tv without functioning sound control.
- The bed sheets were a little small, so came off the bed easily and often.
- The road outside is narrow and

With this said, we did have a good stay and enjoyed our trip. If we visit Negril again we will probably stay at the beach instead, but we would recommend Home Sweet Home to friends who wanted to be on the cliffs.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Stayed at Home Sweet Home twice in the 80's and again in 2012. The grounds are beautiful and the staff is very helpful. The penthouse suite is amazing. You will have everything you need to make your stay comfortable. If you don't, they will get it for you. No one bothers you on the cliffs like they do on the beach. So, if you want privacy, check it out. Great snorkeling.

Room Tip: Penthouse suite is bright and sunny.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I was hesitant to go to Negril and NOT stay on the beach at an all inclusive resort.. That is what I'm used to. The thought of being "on the cliffs" and not on the beach was a turn off.... and not automatically having meals and excursions planned for me made me nervous....
Thank goodness I lived a little and went against what my idea of what a tropical vacation "should be"!!
Here are the reasons why Home Sweet Home will hopefully be a place that I continue to go to for many years to come...
LOCATION- HSH is in the West End "cliff section" of Negril... The cliffs are absolutely gorgeous! We went to Margaritaville (Americanized) which is located on the beach about 10 min taxi drive away and we couldn't wait to get back to HSH. Most beautiful views ever. When they say "million dollar views" they are serious! We were walking distance from supermarkets, vendors and restaurants. We felt completely safe not only at HSH but also walking to nearby attractions.

VALUE- You cannot beat the prices at HSH. I actually thought there may had been a typo on the website and called to clarify!!! Our room was clean, comfortable, bright and spacious. We had an AC unit that we ran only at night to sleep and we opened the french doors during the day and let the ocean breeze in. We had hot water, a modern bathroom and even a small TV that we watched the Survivor Finale on lol! The food that the on site chef prepares is also very inexpensive but delicious!

SERVICE- MARCIA works in the business office and handled our reservation and any and all
questions we had during our entire stay. She was professional and extremely kind!
ROY, GART and WINSTON prepared the food and made drinks and were all very nice! Not to mention the food was amazing. We ate a good amount of our meals at HSH and I loved them ALL!
ANGIE is the housekeeper at HSH and she was so incredibly sweet! She came in every morning and cleaned up our mess. We always felt a little guilty but every morning she was so gracious and reminded us that it was her pleasure! She really was a gem!
CHRIS was one of the drivers that works for HSH.. he took us as far as up into the mountains to a waterfall and as close as just down the road to dinner... He always has recommendations and knows Negril well. He was a pleasure to ride with on several occasions.
DINO is the groundkeeper/maintenance man and stays at HSH overnight. Once I realized that he was at HSH during the night, I felt at ease. He made us feel very safe.
Dino may have been THE sweetest person that I met during my whole stay in Jamaica!!

Some of the highlights of the trip was our snorkeling trip with Vincent in his "World Famous Glass Bottom Boat. He picked us up right on the cliffs and took us snorkeling on the reef... $25 for two hours was a deal for the amount of fish, stingrays and coral we saw...
Chris brought us to the Mayfield Waterfalls way (WAY) up in the mountains...IT. WAS. STUNNING..
Just lounging around HSH was also a highlight... listening to music, swimming in the beautiful pool and sipping a rum drink or Red Stripe... ahhhh...
One last thought- Technically this is the "low season".. why? I quess maybe the heat?? It is supposedly the rainy season but what that usually means is there is a quick storm in the afternoon and then it is gorgeous again.. I actually preferred the low season! Cheaper, quieter....
To sum this all up, I simply cannot stop gushing and daydreaming about my trip to Negril and Home Sweet Home... I have NOTHING negative to say... If anyone has any questions I will be happy to answer them!

Room Tip: We stayed in room #9 which was ground level and you walk out directly to the pool and cliffs! Perfect location and view!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Haley D
charlielunch, Owner at Home Sweet Home Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

HI Hayley
Just wanted to thank you for your kind comments about your stay at Home Sweet Home. Especially about Dino, he is a very quiet and shy person, but , as you noticed, a very kind heart and very helpful. He has been with me for several years now, and i feel lucky to have him. Both he and Marcia are doing a very nice job when I am not there, its nice to know guest are being taken care of. Chris, also, has been with me for many years now. so, thank you so much for your response, it really helps to get positive feed back. charlie

Reviewed May 17, 2012

This is the first resort I can honestly say I will return to! This is my first stay on the "Westend", I love the beach. You can walk to the beach or catch a ride. This property is exactly what I look for in a place to stay: Intimate (14 rooms), Clean (nicely furnished), Awsome views of the ocean, Peaceful (up to you?), Great food & Prices, and an amazing staff! Home Sweet Home is a place for any type of vacation: Single, business, friends, couples & families.
It should be called Home Away From Home! (No worries about feeling safe!)
I have vacationed in Jamaica several times, this is the first resort I have come across to write a review about. If you want to experience Jamaica~Dis Mus Be Da Place!

Room Tip: I like a view of the ocean, I was lucky enough to have the Penthouse, I was ON the ocean! All the rooms are nice, depends on where you want to be.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends